Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Manly Daily 2018-4-21

Barrett says Sea Eagles are in a ‘difficult position’

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett

SEA Eagles coach Trent Barrett has warned that the club will have to make some strong decisions over the next year as it negotiates its way through what has been a very tumultuous period.

The club was handed a $660,000 penalty by the NRL to be applied to the club’s salary cap for this season and next year.

Manly is appealing that decision but as it stands the club will be operating at a cap of $9 million.

Last week the club released the experienced frontrower Darcy Lussick to link up the Toronto Wolfpack club.

The Sea Eagles have also been hit with the loss of two key forwards for the rest of the season and now there is the drama surrounding Jackson Hastings being demoted to the Blacktown Workers NSW Cup side.

“It is difficult and we are in a difficult position,” Barrett admitted.

“But you wake up and it is our job to try to lead the club out of it.

“We are short on players, the salary cap situation hasn’t helped.”

And Barrett was not sugar coating the work ahead to get themselves out if it.

“There is going to have to be some pretty strong decisions made from our administration over the course of, not just few months but 12 months,” Barrett said.

“It’s going to take a while.”

Barrett been doing his best to shield his players from the fallout of the Hastngs’ situation and that’s why he made an unscheduled media appearance this week to address the issues.

“We’ve got to make some decisions in the best interests of the team and I’ve done that,” Barrett said.

“I would certainly like to distance the playing group from it, they’ve got a job to do, they are a good bunch of blokes and we’ll continue to work hard and try to get a win.

“I will take as much pressure as I can off them.”

I’m expecting us to lose the right to appeal as it’s just another NRL committee sitting in the appeal role.

It will be the next step after that will decide our fate!

Only reason I say that is there’s him and 2 NRL staffers on the committee, if it’s a vote we are dead in the water before the first brief is read!!
Staffers ? Like who and what are there qualifications to sit on that panel and are they just Greenburg lick spittle’s?
The only one I can think of that would be qualified is Kingo

hmm, was not aware of "staffers".
If it comes down to a vote, lets hope that a unanimous decision is required!

Back ( don’t know how far) that question was asked and the answer was that it was the two NRL staffers responsible for Cap / TPA investigations but chaired by Callinen to get the proper legal perspective. Now we still might be ok, but I’m surmising if it’s a vote then a pair beats one of a kind any day!

Just read a SMH article on Fakebook suggesting despite him being gone we still have to pay Darcy Lussick for all of this year.

I don’t know the ins and outs but considering our precarious roster why would we let him go and still pay him!!

And that #thanksbozo crap infuriates me even more!!

Just read a SMH article on Fakebook suggesting despite him being gone we still have to pay Darcy Lussick for all of this year.

I don’t know the ins and outs but considering our precarious roster why would we let him go and still pay him!!

And that #thanksbozo crap infuriates me even more!!
I would doubt very much that we would be paying any of Darcy's wage. With only 24 players to pick from why would we pay him to play for someone else??????

Not that I’m aware of that related to Myles!
The Mr Plod fiasco must be the lowest point in our history.
Some numbnut signs him for three years @ a reported $500,000 with conditions that read "no matter how long you play for we will guarantee you will be paid $1.5-M over the next three years. Even if you play for another club we'll still pay you. Even if you retire you'll still get the full whack. And you won't even have to live in Sydney or do anything related to the club for that money."
Surely heads must roll over this situation. I get sick in the guts when I read that he is still being paid.
HOW?
MWSE you owe us all an explanation!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10