[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know who will replace Des when it's time for him to go, but I prefer in house coaches. Chad Randall might be a possibility. I think Foran, post retirement, could be our next very successful coach.

I really feel for Des at the moment. He is a great man manager and has proved it for many years. There’s a lot of problems at Manly at the moment and the club has not had a ceo for months to guide the ship and it feels like the owner and new ceo have turned on him as the results in the last few weeks have been a little average.

Unfortunately I think the pride issue has ripped the club apart. It forced Des to come out and defend the players and then he was seen to not be supporting the club and owners with his comments. Now some of the players he supported have not reciprocated that trust and support with the way they have been playing the last two weeks.

Add to that the constant terrible injuries we get week after week and year after year. How did Jason Saab do an ACL in mid air ?

With a fit and firing Tom Des has almost got us to two grand finals in his second four year stint. To be blaming him for what’s going on is ludicrous.

He’s in a tough spot however he has my support.

I really feel for Des at the moment. He is a great man manager and has proved it for many years. There’s a lot of problems at Manly at the moment and the club has not had a ceo for months to guide the ship and it feels like the owner and new ceo have turned on him as the results in the last few weeks have been a little average.

Unfortunately I think the pride issue has ripped the club apart. It forced Des to come out and defend the players and then he was seen to not be supporting the club and owners with his comments. Now some of the players he supported have not reciprocated that trust and support with the way they have been playing the last two weeks.

Add to that the constant terrible injuries we get week after week and year after year. How did Jason Saab do an ACL in mid air ?

With a fit and firing Tom Des has almost got us to two grand finals in his second four year stint. To be blaming him for what’s going on is ludicrous.

He’s in a tough spot however he has my support.
Weirdest ACL injury ever! He did it before he hit the ground and I saw nothing on lift off either.

Did Des and Mestrov have a fight when they both played at Manly?... I just feel no love lost between the 2.
Someone on 360 mentioned there may be some tension between them?

What did stick out like a sore thumb to me, was their joint press conference after the guilty verdict. Mestrov opened it. Des closed it with his usual abrupt leaping to his feet and saying thank you while heading out the door. It was obvious to me that Mestrov should have been the one to end that, not Des. A small thing... but seemed a power play to me. Maybe reading too much into it.

I don't know Mestrov at all but thought he's spoken well so far, we'll soon see what he's about. Doesn't seem the type to put up with BS though. He could be exactly what Manly needs at the moment.

I don't know Mestrov at all but thought he's spoken well so far, we'll soon see what he's about. Doesn't seem the type to put up with BS though. He could be exactly what Manly needs at the moment.
We need a good old fashion tough front rower but unfortunately Tonys playing days are done

1660695240171.png

What did stick out like a sore thumb to me, was their joint press conference after the guilty verdict. Mestrov opened it. Des closed it with his usual abrupt leaping to his feet and saying thank you while heading out the door. It was obvious to me that Mestrov should have been the one to end that, not Des. A small thing... but seemed a power play to me. Maybe reading too much into it.

I’ve heard that Mestrov is not a fan of Des but not sure his modus operandi is to give Des the flick.Much like Mestrov should be doing with many of the players,I think he needs to sit down with Des to find a happy medium with their beliefs and methods

I may be giving it to Des at present, but I still have the utmost respect for his ability as a coach and I'm not wishing that he ends his tenure with Manly. I just think he needs to get some fresh ideas on board, perhaps with a decent assistant coach who he listens to. I mean, though I think there are two better coaches in the comp, he is up there as one of the elite despite what has happened this year. In his 18 years as a coach he has had his sides in the finals 14 times, has played 5 grand finals and won two. That's an impressive CV for any coach. I just wish he would show a little more adventure, get that defense working as Des teams have in the past and show more confidence in the youth.

I noticed the first, or maybe second question was asked, Mestrov started to answer, then Des railed over the top and answered at length.

Very interesting indeed.

Des also managed to cut him off once

I noticed the first, or maybe second question was asked, Mestrov started to answer, then Des railed over the top and answered at length.

Very interesting indeed.
Yep, that jumped out at me also. May need some time to settle in and work out the hierarchy.

Des was 10x the player mestrov was.

Mestrov has also never coached. Des is one of the most successful coaches in manly’s history and in the last 20 years.

Mestrov has never held a rugby league management position before.

If I were mestrov I would be doing the right thing by des.

It seemed to work well with Stephen Humphries and des. Such a shame humphries had to leave

Mestrov has also never coached. Des is one of the most successful coaches in manly’s history and in the last 20 years.

It seemed to work well with Stephen Humphries and des. Such a shame humphries had to leave
I'm fairly sure he was COO at the Titans.

hmmm,
Don't know, but Mestrov has received many plaudits from his time at the dogs (as in racing not sh!t as per Des!)

Wass COO in 2016, when Anuslsey was running the Titans whilst insolvent
Thanks. I stand corrected re COO role. Very interesting.

He comes with massive raps. Surely he knows how to manage a successful coach like Des. Isn’t that a pre requisite of the role.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8