[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Manly owner Scott Penn backed Hasler as the club’s long-term coach, telling Big Sports Breakfast radio “Des has a contract for as long as he wants”.

Although Buzz reckons
Hasler has failed in his bid to have a key clause removed from his contract that meant Manly needs to make the finals this season to trigger an extension.

Who else could we get though?
However - It's def time for a change
I really don't think anyone else could have done much worse TBH, we don't seem to have a plan and there's no passion in representing the jumper, as a motivator Hasler just doesn't have it, after watching him at the pressers if you're still awake you certainly aren't instilled with confidence that things are going to get better so imagine how the boys feel running out onto the field, we're in definite need of change in the coaching box and within the team itself, we can't face another season of this unmanly like effort

It wasn't "the 7" that left Hasler out to Dry. It was the club management that did that to him and got him in this predicament. FIRSTLY: by imposing the silly rainbow jersey idea onto everybody in the first place. SECONDLY: by not communicating to anybody that they were imposing the silly rainbow jersey onto everybody (remember Des was in the dark about it just like everybody else). And then THIRDLY: in the cowardly way the club threw Des and DCE under the bus and pushed them out in front of the media and made them answerable for the club's stupidity!!!!!
Unfortunately we were gone before rainbowgate although it certainly hasn't helped our cause, as supporters we've just become too used to mediocrity. Our coach and captain are paid the big bucks to give we supporters some hope of end of year success, who honestly on this forum can say they approach any game with confidence that our 17 will put in 100%? We've become numbed to the point that mediocrity is acceptable, well not for me, I've been fed a diet of enormous success for almost my entire adult life and I won't accept this bullsh1t anymore, I want my coach and my captain to put their hands up and accept responsibility and I want whatever is necessary to be done, done. Whether it's bringing up juniors or sacking half the 1st grade side, whatever it takes to put some pride back into the Manly jumper and the hearts of the people who matter most, WE the long suffering supporters

Thank you for this story @davohan123

The most prominent parts for me are ....

They haven’t won the premiership since 2011 and don't look like threatening for some time.
And that's the thing Manly fans find most concerning.

New CEO Tony Mestrov's brief is to do whatever it takes – and make whatever decisions are needed - to turn the club into a regular top four contender.
Conclusion: Mr Penn means Business !!!

Jake Trbojevic gives his usual 100 per cent each week but you’d have to say Haumole Olakau'atu is the only Manly forward who strikes fears into opposition packs.
Conclusion: Certain players can only take you so far ! Des needs to start making changes to his playing squad that did not have the capacity to compete with a top 8 team all year .

Waiting until next Easter is crazy. We shouldn’t waste the off season bring in someone new !!
I believe Easter is a perfect time for Des to Resurrect his career

Des unlike his current playing squad has always been a never say die competitor !!!

Last edited:
I am convinced that we have a doppelganger posing as the great Des Hasler of the 2004-11 period, when Manly were supreme. Sure he had some great players back then, but he knew how to nurture young stars in the making, had strategies that were innovative and effective, was worth the mint. This Des Hasler we have at present seems a sad shadow of that great coach and I'm wondering if we have a sheep in wolf's clothing. Where is the real Des Hasler?

In all seriousness it seems to me Des has lost his magic, has lost confidence in himself, is too scared to make mistakes and so sticks with the same old formula that is obviously not working. His teams of that earlier period grew year by year into champion sides. The teams he has today swing up and down like a Ferris Wheel. Is he living off his well earned reputation? Is he too intransigent to change when its obvious things aren't working, too scared to risk? This team has some very good players. But they are playing like a bunch of uncoordinated body parts, in what should be a well coordinated unit. I know some are quite young but structurally they seem at a loss. Their defense is not at all what I would expect of a Des Hasler run side. Their confidence and drive seem missing. The Schuster issue is a perfect example. And its not about DCE. He is a champion player in a side that looks lost. Too disbelieving in themselves without Turbo, to take the bull by the horns.

Sorry, but to me this is all about coaching, self belief and conditioning. We can blame the players but they do what the coach wants them to do. So where is the real Des Hasler?

It is going to get worse over the last 3 rounds without Jake covering up the middle. Sharks at Brookie is a scary thought. No excuses for Hasler - even the Titans have been at least showing intent each game on the bottom of the table and it showed big time against on Sunday.

What would be a start is a) fitness coach/regime similar to the Storm/Cowboys (Payton had to put it all on the line/upset the establishment - Taumalolo wasn't happy at the time); b) a defence coach - again refer Cowboys and what is possible.

I just watched the press conference, they both couldn’t wait to get out of there, DCE everyone is getting along nicely, what a strange thing to say!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14