[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Why are you lot such doom mongers? I love that there is 34 pages of SACK DES before we have even played a match. Jeez with fans like this who needs enemies eah?
To be fair, EoL, this thread started last season, but I do take your point. Let's give Des and the team a chance before we start sharpening the nails for the crucifixions. But I get the concern. Last season was a **** sandwich, and if this season starts looking like a continuation of that, we'll all start looking for a change to the menu.

To be fair, EoL, this thread started last season, but I do take your point. Let's give Des and the team a chance before we start sharpening the nails for the crucifixions. But I get the concern. Last season was a **** sandwich, and if this season starts looking like a continuation of that, we'll all start looking for a change to the menu.
Got in b4 me Ron...

I still take the sack Dessie thread as a bit of a laugh, but as they say .. life imitates art .... whilst most things I say here are tongue in check ... I do believe that after 2 full years and 3 full preseasons ... this year is make or break for him ... he will need to show he is the man to take all these young guns coming through to the premiership ...

I th
I still take the sack Dessie thread as a bit of a laugh, but as they say .. life imitates art .... whilst most things I say here are tongue in check ... I do believe that after 2 full years and 3 full preseasons ... this year is make or break for him ... he will need to show he is the man to take all these young guns coming through to the premiership ...
I think he inherited some really bad contracts

Walker has been awful return off field and on
Manese situation was tragic after letting api go
Thommos off season injury or attitude made last season his worst

Afb, suli, sirro , were bargain buys due to history. The backending of afb contract was very shortsighted. Cant recall who updated these contracts but all of them were not delivering bang for buck. Afb was going good but you cant pay a player 850 k for 55 minutes when we have so much invested in 3

By recruting players on second chances and medical issues we have very few leaders. Its been the best we could afford for a few seasons

Whats intriguing to me is the doggie v now
The doggies had a team of goers and leaders and not much class. They couldnt get a playmaker to get them the next step

Now on paper we have the class, but are a really weak team and leaderless. We are head droppers or maybe realusic in there own views of the side. A lack of self belief can sometimes be a recognition of their own abilities collectively

I prefer to support the doggie team, not because of results but because they had honour and integrity in their work

Im interested to see if jake persists with the link role , now we have foran. Gifty never played this role but it certainly has blunted jakes input

When onfield turbo delivers amazing bang for his buck. Its an unfortunate situation.
DCE plays many games but his ROI is pretty average
A halfback either has to be a game manager or has to be creative in helping the team bust the line by taking the ball to the line. While he has skill he is neither one of those player

Considering what des inherited and his history i would give him 5 years to rebuild. The roster is a shambles and very few coaches could turn this around without a tonne of salary cap room. And that isnt happening

Cheappies like keppie and boyle are on there last chance, sirro needs to stand up, parker, walker and suli are playing for there contracts and if manese comes back there is only room for croker or cust

The juniors have some potential and are coming through. Success is earned and its clear many in the current squad just dont have the desire. They could be good passengers but we need some players to lead us out of the rubble. Will the contracts locked in allow us to recruit the players that every team needs is the biggest problem we face. If we can we will need to rely of cheapies and inexperience to fill the squad

Our big 3
Tom doesnt play enough games
Jake is not as effective as he could be because we have lacked first recievers
DCE has many talents but leading a footy team is not one of them

We may have to let marty go to afford keeping schuster yet. That wont make us any grittier

Most people say DCE needs help, does that not equate to the team needs help, the coach needs help.

Ita all about the money

I think he inherited some really bad contracts

That may have had traction 2 years ago ... but he has re-signed or extended every player in the club, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, since his arrival including Walker, Cust, Croker, Jorge, etc etc ... this team is 95% his ... (and I think it is a pretty good squad) ...

Any decisions regarding a back-up hooker or fullback were his ... any decisions on how to structure to play the new rules are his ... all team selections are his .... all fitness and attitude matters are his ....

He is a very experienced coach, with a first class support coaching team of assistants, ... he fully owns our performances ....

There are no excuses anymore ... he is either still the man we know he was .... or ....

That may have had traction 2 years ago ... but he has re-signed or extended every player in the club, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, since his arrival including Walker, Cust, Croker, Jorge, etc etc ... this team is 95% his ... (and I think it is a pretty good squad) ...

Any decisions regarding a back-up hooker or fullback were his ... any decisions on how to structure to play the new rules are his ... all team selections are his .... all fitness and attitude matters are his ....

He is a very experienced coach, with a first class support coaching team of assistants, ... he fully owns our performances ....

There are no excuses anymore ... he is either still the man we know he was .... or ....

I certainly dont disagree. I just wonder if any other coach could have done better with the financial shackles

Fullback and hookers could be his doing. But we need to see that in action first. Croker , cust , birt, harper walker may do ok considering the coin we had to spend

We havnt kicked off yet. It may prove a master stroke that allowed us to purchase foran and saab

I certainly dont disagree. I just wonder if any other coach could have done better with the financial shackles

Fullback and hookers could be his doing. But we need to see that in action first. Croker , cust , birt, harper walker may do ok considering the coin we had to spend

We havnt kicked off yet. It may prove a master stroke that allowed us to purchase foran and saab

He has had the same amount to spend as any other club ... no salary cap reductions at all ..

The big contracts of Tom, Jake and AFB were all under his watch ... the only contract he inherited was DCE's contract ... and we are not the only club with a million dollar halfback, and with Marque player, TPA's and long service allowance DCE's real cost would be less ...

But, as I have said, I am happy with our roster ... it is how they play that will determine my attitude ..

He has had the same amount to spend as any other club ... no salary cap reductions at all ..

The big contracts of Tom, Jake and AFB were all under his watch ... the only contract he inherited was DCE's contract ... and we are not the only club with a million dollar halfback, and with Marque player, TPA's and long service allowance DCE's real cost would be less ...

But, as I have said, I am happy with our roster ... it is how they play that will determine my attitude ..
The FULL roster 17 is pretty good and I'd back it to make the 8. Unfortunately we'll see half the marque guys sitting on the benches again.

Ive read before the long serving allowance goes to jorge. not sure how accurate that was

but the rest, my mistake. i really though turbos and AFB were barrett inspired

The FULL roster 17 is pretty good and I'd back it to make the 8. Unfortunately we'll see half the marque guys sitting on the benches again.

All teams use between 25 - 30 players a season ... just a matter of who and timing with injuries ..

Last year we had the world's best ever run for no injuries to forwards and DCE .... and a shiite load of backline injuries ...

This year ... hmmm

Yes it’s not the top 17 so much the next 13.

But you could say that for many sides other than the very rich , and favoured few.

The Titans for example look sensational , until you look at their full squad.

If they lose their two gun forwards , and their gun fullback to injury they will struggle.

It’s really only a few sides that have real depth.

Yes it’s not the top 17 so much the next 13.

But you could say that for many sides other than the very rich , and favoured few.

The Titans for example look sensational , until you look at their full squad.

If they lose their two gun forwards , and their gun fullback to injury they will struggle.

It’s really only a few sides that have real depth.

100% .. it is the #20 to #30 players that make the difference and the up and comer worth $250k is prepared to go to the likes of the Storm and Roosters for a reduced $150k for the opportunity the successful clubs and coaches provide ...

Manly used to be there ... we need to get back there ...

I just wish he was a better tackler.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10