[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So God, getting back on topic , would you sack Des???
I wouldn't have had him back, to be honest, I know we were in a bind but sometimes one needs to look to the future rather than to revel in the past. It's like taking back an EX, we needed to move on from there. However, now he is back would I sack him at this point? No, we need a proper exit and succession plan.

I wouldn't have had him back, to be honest, I know we were in a bind but sometimes one needs to look to the future rather than to revel in the past. It's like taking back an EX, we needed to move on from there. However, now he is back would I sack him at this point? No, we need a proper exit and succession plan.

All good points

I would like to see a succession plan when Des decides its enough or he is dismissed. I would like to see a younger approach in the coaching to deal with the modern game demands and as long as Des gives every player a chance to be successful I have no complaints.

I accept that this might be a difficult season as we have a lot of question marks about our best team? and who is available?

I think it is imperative to always make sure that the younger talented players get a proper education this year in case we need them, We got horribly exposed in the last 2 months of last season as the kids that came in were cold and not match fit and were found wanting mostly.

I would like to see a succession plan when Des decides its enough or he is dismissed. I would like to see a younger approach in the coaching to deal with the modern game demands and as long as Des gives every player a chance to be successful I have no complaints.

I accept that this might be a difficult season as we have a lot of question marks about our best team? and who is available?

I think it is imperative to always make sure that the younger talented players get a proper education this year in case we need them, We got horribly exposed in the last 2 months of last season as the kids that came in were cold and not match fit and were found wanting mostly.
Thinking the stage is being set for Ballin or Monaghan. With Des in the old Fulton role (coaching director or whatever you want to call it).

You’re not much different wanting me dead so you can drink my wine!

You know something funny I used to drink a Penfolds drop in my younger days called “ St Henri “ ( a Shiraz) , used to pick it up regularly for about $15.

It then went to $20, $25 and outrageously over $40 and I haven’t bought a bottle since.

Was down at “ Dan Murphy’s “ at the weekend looking for some bargain buys to add in for everyday tipples and FMD, it’s now $189.

What’s the world come to ??
St Henri was my favorite - very smooth (preferred it to the Grange - not that I have had many). Nowadays both are priced too high for me to enjoy drinking them...
Unless, of course, anyone wants to gift me one :party:

St Henri was my favorite - very smooth (preferred it to the Grange - not that I have had many). Nowadays both are priced too high for me to enjoy drinking them...
Unless, of course, anyone wants to gift me one :party:

Yes agree , I’ve still got a couple of older bottles of St Henri but bugger paying almost $200 for one

Putting things in perspective

It is very unreasonable to want to sack Des at this moment

*But is is not unreasonable to expect nothing but excellence from our Team * In light of how the team performed last season, I think there’s a watch on Des this year.I may have missed it,but has he re-signed yet?If not,I wouldn’t be rushing to put a contract in front of him just yet,maybe wait til after Origin.Cant see there being a rush for his services by any other clubs,so let’s see how this year pans out.Granted there were some important players injured last season,but there seemed like something was not quite right,too many uncharacteristic moments that are not normally in Des coached sides DNA

You’re not much different wanting me dead so you can drink my wine!

You know something funny I used to drink a Penfolds drop in my younger days called “ St Henri “ ( a Shiraz) , used to pick it up regularly for about $15.

It then went to $20, $25 and outrageously over $40 and I haven’t bought a bottle since.

Was down at “ Dan Murphy’s “ at the weekend looking for some bargain buys to add in for everyday tipples and FMD, it’s now $189.

What’s the world come to ??
No Mark we don't want you dead ,we just want to be included in your will for for a modest but high quality allocation from your cellar ,to which use we will put said allocation to toast you and your past post's ,support of the Manly club , and commemorate you as a hail fellow well met !!!
here's to Mark from Brisbane I say !!!
Bottoms up !!

Ah the monkey banana boys are back at it again. No moderator or site staff do anything but condone the bigotry. Bunch of donkeys who for no reason at all start insulting
@Woodsie you are a joke
@mutahboy76 you are a bigger joke
@Wombat64 you are a joke

Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Not sure if I should also define irony here as well.

I know we are joking, but our last 10 games have been deplorable, and someone should be held accountable (as Tooves says). I'm not a fan of Des matter of fact persona and attitude around result.

Let's review our last 10 games:

1. Loss 52-18 (Tigers) - bottom 8 team
2. Loss 40-28 (Warriors) - bottom 8 team
3. Loss 42-24 (Titans) - bottom 8 team
4. Win 32-20 (Bulldogs) - bottom 8 team
5. Loss 34-32 (Tigers) - bottom 8 team
6. Loss 30-6 (Storm) - top 8 team
7. Loss 56-16 (Rabbits) - top 8 team
8. Loss 26-24 (Knights) - top 8 team
9. Loss 26-22 (Warriors) - bottom 8 team
10. Loss 42-12 (Panthers) - top 8 team

That's 368 points against at 36.8 on average
The Broncos (last year worst defensive team) 624 against (average 31.2)
That Bulldogs win saved Des from the worst record in our clubs entire history

10 games last season equated to half a season. Des record in that span is
10% win ratio
90% loss ratio

Why is Des completely immune to criticism for result? Imagine this was Barrett ! I honestly don't get it, and I'm worried about his team selections, game management, "current" game IQ, and his systems.

EDIT: In perspective, the paper did an article in 2015 of the worst teams in rugby league history (found here) No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

In the piece about The Magpies, they talk about leaking on average 39.33 points per game. That's 2.53 points per game worse than our last 10 game run. Dear lord.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8