Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
I feel for TB. What an initiation to coaching. Don't judge a man for showing human vulnerability. Who knows what tips anyone over the edge? There's some pretty hard judges of character on here.
Remember a year or two ago Dane Gagai openly sobbed after the Knights got beaten by about 60 points. It turns out his grandmother had passed away that week.
Actually, if Trent was a pussy he would have packed his bags and left by now after what's been dished up to him by the club, the team, the media. Greenberg even implicated him in the alleged cap cheating when he knew nothing about any of it.
Criticise the coaching, don't criticise the man.

Who knows what pressure Baz is under - may not just be work so we should cut him some slack for showing emotion. However, I won't cut him any slack for the way the team are performing.
Good point....
We all go through our trials and tribulations and life can really be ruthless at times but we all have to go to work and face the pressure and heavy load and perform . I n my fulltime job I look after the security of a P1 Government building and If I went to work with tears in my eyes I would be asked to go home . Not a good look for a person in charge to break down IMO

Good point....
We all go through our trials and tribulations and life can really be ruthless at times but we all have to go to work and face the pressure and heavy load and perform . I n my fulltime job I look after the security of a P1 Government building and If I went to work with tears in my eyes I would be asked to go home . Not a good look for a person in charge to break down IMO
You really have a bit of James Bond about you @BOZO old mate.

Whilst I am a critic of Barrett's coaching and team management it saddens me to see the man broken. An person's health and well being is the top priority. Both coaches and players are under the spotlight and public vilification causes great pain. Mistakes are made and sadly people are hurt by poor decisions as was Hastings. Hastings is playing well in England and appears to be recovering and moving on. I hope TB gets some professional assistance, recovers and moves on as well.

If Barrett is indeed having some kind of mental episode/ breakdown then he DEFINITELY shouldn’t be coaching, should look after his own well-being and step aside. Most definitely should not be in high pressure situations if he isn’t mentally capable at the moment. I mean seriously does anyone really think if he is really having mental/ depression problems he should be a NRL coach? Step aside, best for himself, his family and the club.

Tears before a match says two things to me:

1 - He's too close to the players (and so they won't fear/respect him like they need to).

2 - He doesn't know how to coach a first grade side and is cracking under the pressure. He was obviously made a first grade coach too early.

Tooves should have never been sacked.

And he is leaving

Only disliking it because I hate to see the big bloke leave, especially for the cheating Worms. Consistency wise he has been one of our best this year and in one of the few positives about Barrett's coaching, moving Lane to prop (even though he is playing back in the back row right now) has turned him from a fringe to a died in the wool first grader.

Good point....
Bozo, you provide great posts on here and well hats off to you if you've never felt so stressed in the work place that you've been broken. In my profession it happens, for many reasons. From the top to the bottom. Any job where you manage people and have expectations for yourself and the people in your charge to perform can be highly stressful. Particularly if you are understaffed and under resourced.

No adult, unless they're some sort of attention seeking nutbag, ever plans to show emotions or weaknesses but they can come out of nowhere, and have many contributing factors, during times of stress.
The world is changing. The boys don't cry rubbish is complete BS and being raised this way is why many young men hide their emotions, end up with depression and tragically this can lead to suicide. Young men between 16 and 44 have the highest suicide rate in the country and attitudes shown by some on here are stereotypical of why this sad statistic exists.

I'm not crusading that Barrett is the coach of the year. This post is about criticism of the coach for showing emotion.The emotions and the coaching are separate.
I can predict who will dislike this so go ahead. We all want Manly to win but attitudes towards men and emotions need to change so that more families can keep their, sons, brothers, fathers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8