Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Just did some really quick number crunching.
In 105 games, Toovey lost 41 games.
In 68 games, Barrett has lost 41 games.

Barrett could win the last 6 games of this season and go undefeated all of next season and his record still wouldn't be as good as the man he replaced.

And yet I just read an article saying he should be safe for next season. How is this bloke getting a free ride? Why does the media not make him accountable for anything?

Barrett is safe until the Penns say otherwise!! Nice bloke, fair player, weak coach. He showed that in Gladstone when he should have come down on the renegade players like a tonne of bricks after they pretty much ignored his instructions. For me, that is when he lost the team and we have won 3 from 15 games since that weekend.

After the opposition scores and I look at the coaching box I see our coach shaking his head
I have never seen a coach shake his head so much
Why does he shake his head so much ?
Any one that can read body language on here ?

Ive never seen the opposition score so much...

Trent Barrett’s show of emotion

Trent Barrett ha
s done it tough this year as the Sea Eagles have lurched from one disaster to another.

And it all got too much for the popular former Dragons star before last weekend’s clash with Penrith.

In the team huddle before the game, players were stunned as Barrett burst into tears.

It shows the massive pressure on the shoulders of coaches in the modern game.

Or maybe Barrett had an inkling of his team’s impending collapse against the Panthers!

Either way, rumours continue to grow that he will be at Penrith in 2019 replacing the out-of-favour Anthony Griffin.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...gold-coast/110s30yfpo98b1uz2gmlmnxicx/slide/2

Just did some really quick number crunching.
In 105 games, Toovey lost 41 games.
In 68 games, Barrett has lost 41 games.

Barrett could win the last 6 games of this season and go undefeated all of next season and his record still wouldn't be as good as the man he replaced.

And yet I just read an article saying he should be safe for next season. How is this bloke getting a free ride? Why does the media not make him accountable for anything?

Well, he would have a better record, an undefeated season is something special.
So he'd have a Minor Premiership, Premiership and undefeated season on his CV.

Maybe that's all part of the plan, we'll take everyone by surprise next season....under the radar!

Trent Barrett ha
s done it tough this year as the Sea Eagles have lurched from one disaster to another.

And it all got too much for the popular former Dragons star before last weekend’s clash with Penrith.

In the team huddle before the game, players were stunned as Barrett burst into tears.

Or maybe Barrett had an inkling of his team’s impending collapse against the Panthers!

Either way, rumours continue to grow that he will be at Penrith in 2019 replacing the out-of-favour Anthony Griffin.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...gold-coast/110s30yfpo98b1uz2gmlmnxicx/slide/2
That’s just sad really. Could anyone imagine Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett et al breaking down in tears in front of his players before a game???

Give me strength..........

Trent Barrett ha

Who knows what pressure Baz is under - may not just be work so we should cut him some slack for showing emotion. However, I won't cut him any slack for the way the team are performing.

Who knows what pressure Baz is under - may not just be work so we should cut him some slack for showing emotion. …...
I have to agree Jerry. I worked for many years in the mental health field and if Barrett is breaking down as reported, it is concerning. The club has a duty of care to make sure that his well being is a priority.

Just to finish, I have found some of the comments here disturbing, mental health issues should never be the subject matter for jokes. Some of the toughest people I have known have failed to win their battles against mental illness and I have attended enough funerals for 10 lifetimes.

I have to agree Jerry. I worked for many years in the mental health field and if Barrett is breaking down as reported, it is concerning. The club has a duty of care to make sure that his well being is a priority.

Just to finish, I have found some of the comments here disturbing, mental health issues should never be the subject matter for jokes. Some of the toughest people I have known have failed to win their battles against mental illness and I have attended enough funerals for 10 lifetimes.

Agree mate. Barrett's not breaking down though. He just wants his troops to lift, and unfortunately, they are out after one of the most humiliating comebacks in history on the piss, celebrating (with my niece), until all hours of the morning like there's no tomorrow, having a fantastic old time. A few weren't there of course. But yeah, not indicative of players who are hurting, OR are supposed to be re-habing.

No wonder Barrett imposed an alcohol ban this week after some of the stories I've been told. Ridiculous attitude from the players. When they bleat about how dedicated and hard working they are....maybe rightfully so...but on the flipside, the attitude and passion leaves a lot to be desired.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8