[Resurrected] Saab vs Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In 2021, these are 2 new faces I'm personally looking forward to seeing in action.
Saab has Super wheels and can score long range tries, plus is an absolute weapon in the air.
Also has good vision as seems to be unselfish in the open and pick up team mates with sweet inside passes, yet has the ability to use his height to stretch out for tries most would not even consider.
His training reseme is also looking good as he has piled on muscle already, so he could be a very deadly weapon for pure size.....an ideal addition no doubt,
Tuipulotu is a highly rated NZ gem, who is the perfect athletic outside back rated up with he best out of NZ as a junior and I was super impressed with his only 1st grade game vs Storm - scoring a try, making big metres and did not panic when Storm peppered the debutants wing in defence, but my favourite aspect was toughness....was grilled early by zealous Melbourne defence to test him, but kept coming back, even making half breaks through the middle....this kid Can play and imo - will feature in 2021.
Just another interesting thing I noticed - Roosters had him defending at left centre much of the game and done well....
Is it possible at all, that Garrick could well be under pressure and both these boys end up taking a wing each ??

Last edited:
In 2021, these are 2 new faces I'm personally looking forward to seeing in action.
Saab has Super wheels and can score long range tries, plus is an absolute weapon in the air.
Also has good vision as seems to be unselfish in the open and pick up team mates with sweet inside passes, yet has the ability to use his height to stretch out for tries most would not even consider.
His training reseme is also looking good as he has piled on muscle already, so he could be a very deadly weapon for pure size.....an ideal adition no doubt,
Tuipulotu is a highly rated NZ gem, who is the perfect athletic outside back rated up with he best out of NZ as a junior and I was super impressed with his only 1st grade game vs Storm - scoring a try, making big metres and did not panic when Storm peppered the debutants wing in defence, but my favourite aspect was toughness....was grilled early by zealous Melbourne defence to test him, but kept coming back, even making half breaks through the middle....this kid Can play and imo - will feature in 2021.
Just another interesting thing I noticed - Roosters had him defending at left centre much of the game and done well....
Is it possible at all, that Garrick could well be under pressure and both these boys end up taking a wing each ??
Club must have some confidence in them both , 3 and 4 year contracts respectively i think Add Garrick , Walker , Suli , Harper and Funa and no shortage of pace and ability in the outside backs department . Like Parker also and sure that he will make every effort to be at least in the mix and competitive

So, it's obvious with all the wing options we now have that Jorge's days in the backs are numbered. Will he be prepared to play on? If so, he may just be blocking the progress of a young winger we need to gain experience with the Manly Workers.
Would/could Jorge be transformed into a forward? It has happened many times before.

His training reseme is also looking good as he has piled on muscle already, so he could be a very deadly weapon for pure size.....an ideal adition no doubt,
Quality competition breeds excellence into a team and these 2 new faces will do just that,

All our backs that contributed to our underperforming season are under pressure

All Manlys successful teams had backs that could fly like real Sea eagles and I am looking forward to our speedsters that are waiting in the wings to make their mark

Just like power in the forwards is dominance . Speed is King in the back line
Speeds Kills and the faster you go the bigger the mess you leave behind .
In close matches speed is the X factor . In tight defence Speed finds cracks
Speed is Cocaine on the field . It lifts players and supporters to an exhilarating high
Watching slow backs in a Manly team is like watching a Toyota Camry competing in a Formular one Race .
1rcjdraTE6tFa6SmvvYvAYGeZoQPWkvq.jpg

Then Jorge would be blocking promising back rowers like Olauku - au and Burbo. and probably others , even if he could offer something there , which would be marginal at best . Been a good servant of the club for many seasons now but back up wing value and i assume same with Miski [ but i think that he has moved on now ]

IMLTHO ... Suli also has a big target on his back ... live up to potential and expectations .. or he will save time having to travel to training at Narrabeen ...
You have made a great point @Woodsie - Living up to potential and expectations
and the moral of the story is....
The best team on paper just like the one NSW had last season are only a team of Paper Soldiers unless they live up to their expectations and potential

Execution has the final say in a Game and we must Execute like Ruthless and Merciless Manly soldiers defending our self worth , self respect and upholding our reputation and the high standards and Glory of our Legendary club the Manly Sea eagles .
9424e97cfa241d326d643e48f65911ac.jpg

Last edited:
Our outside back depth is fantastic

1.Turbo
2.Saab
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Garrick

1.Funa
2.Taufua
3.Parker
4.Harper
5.Tuipulotu

Real competition for spots with Turbo and probably Walker the only dead certs (Though Suli very likely)

1.Turbo
2.Saab
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Tuipulotu

I like the look of this back five but Garrick will take number five as our only realistic goal kicking option. Neither DCE or Walker need the added pressure. I agree with Woodsie that Suli needs to consistently live up to his potential to keep his spot as well. Its great to see the depth and the genuine competition for spots in the outside backs. It seems a long time since we had that situation.

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a Garrick fan, he's clean-cut but that's acceptable as he's only a winger.
He is a serious trainer and will be a year older and a year stronger.
He has good pace, and has shown he can leap to score.
He has to improve his technique on bringing the ball back, that's one thing he might learn from studying Slater, who was jockey sized, yet effective.
His goal-kicking action is smooth and has potential, it's often not the hard ones he misses.
I wouldn't be too surprised - or disappointed - to see him hold his wing spot this season.

Our outside back depth is fantastic

1.Turbo
2.Saab
3.Walker
4.Suli
5.Garrick

1.Funa
2.Taufua
3.Parker
4.Harper
5.Tuipulotu

Real competition for spots with Turbo and probably Walker the only dead certs (Though Suli very likely)
I hope you’re not talking about injuries

I reckon Garrick will start because of his goal kicking but think that Des would have 2-3 guys also practicing over summer in case of injury, or loss of form from Garrick.

No player will be picked for their goal kicking. Playing ability only, then we use DCE if Garrick isn’t picked.
Garrick won’t retain his spot for his kicking ability imo.

I think we have to be prepared for Des' reluctance to make fast, decisive changes, at least for the first part of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see experience take precedence over potential for the first rounds - Jorge n Garrick likely to start. Then after Jorge drifts off his wing and lets in a try, or fails to turn in time when someone kicks in behind him, he might eventually be replaced...then drift in and out of the team for a while. Des is extremely loyal, which is usually a good thing - but it does often seem to cloud his judgment on week-to-week performance.

I think we have to be prepared for Des' reluctance to make fast, decisive changes, at least for the first part of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see experience take precedence over potential for the first rounds - Jorge n Garrick likely to start. Then after Jorge drifts off his wing and lets in a try, or fails to turn in time when someone kicks in behind him, he might eventually be replaced...then drift in and out of the team for a while. Des is extremely loyal, which is usually a good thing - but it does often seem to cloud his judgment on week-to-week performance.
No way in the world Jorge will be on a wing come round one. The two positions will be hotly contested over this off season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4