Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Rugby League News @RugbyLeagueNews
Dragons David Gower will sign with the Manly Sea Eagles for 2013 and beyond
would say Kite is Gone then

He's a good prop with the Tigers having hugh wraps on him a few years ago.

he is both, 189cm and 101kg. He won the NSW Cup Dragons player of the year. He has had a few clubs and was cut by Dragons. He's 25?? and been around. Can't see him starting. Similar to Robinson, average run of the mill shadow. Never got a look in with Dragons and they didn't do very well. You would think best player in reggies would have been given opportunities. We are loading up with Mauro, Rose, Robinson, Skinner and Gower type plodders. Great to get some gun ho forwards who really rattle the opposition like Sao and Chee Kam. Roosters have a few in lower grades we could look at.

Fingers crossed Cunningham or Stromquist really step up as it would help alot. Read recently on a kiwi site many believe Sao will be in the 17 as an absolute animal in making metres.

Thanks Jatz, I did see a 5 and thought he was 25! Look at Bryan Norrie and what he's done. Fingers crossed as he was in good form in NSW cup. Dane Chisholm was an absolute gun a few years back. I think a few of us saw him play Toyota for Storm at Brookie when he ran riot. I remember thinking he should be playing for us. They couldn't catch him. He played fullback but Billy was in front of him. Another potential signing and another famous name to add to sons: hopefully not a Fulton: Scott and Brett lol or Chad blind side every time :D

Yeah the Gower signing is curious. Must be that he is cheap and has mobility and we are to coach him into a being a Hall type. As you say that puts him in the same league as a few others in terms of playing style so twill be interesting to see what happens with him. He best take this chance & bust a nut because the clock is ticking.

Saw a bit of Chisolm on GF day. Seems to have an outstanding footy head & quick. Could be anything.

agree Jatz, maybe a good chance with us. Always interesting as some"gun" kids don't kick on. Groom in particular. You watch them in juniors and see so much promise but just can't step up. Penrith are full of them. Ifoseda?? was going to be anything but hear partying rules his life!! Harry Seika has been getting huge wraps for years (next Brandy) so will see what he does. Wade Graham was another Gene Miles. Injuries did wreck him though! I think 3 reco's!!!

Whare was a dynamite junior at Saints but injuries slowed him down too. Like Chisholm, the sg ball day I was there Whare ran riot and I mean running around 4-5 at a time like they were thin air and scoring for fun, you couldn't help go "wow"! Talent definitely helps but the right people around them and committment is probably the main factor (T-Rex)

Frank said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Strong reports Matthew Elliott announced as Warriors coach tonight. Weird move

Weird? More like stupid. Watch them slide further into the abyss next year.

Kidwells name thrown into the mix in some role as well. They reportedly had $2 mill a season to throw at Bellamy so he mustn't be money driven like another coach

If it's true then I am very happy with David Gower and Dane Chisholm signings.
I remember watching Gower when he was playing as a junior in the Balmain comp. I think he came from North Ryde Hawks, and was 3-4 years ahead of Mitchell Pearce and Ryan, who now plays for Parramatta. He was a very good second-rower then. He would seem to me to be a reasonable swap for Harrison, who I am sorry to see leave. Can't quite understand it though - why would you let Harrison leave and sign another similar player on, presumably, similar money?

Re. Dane Chisholm, I'm excited about him. Ever since I saw him carve up our Toyota Cup team when playing fullback for Melbourne. He has great attacking skill, and will be a worthy backup in all backline positions. However, I'm not sure about his defence. It must be what has kept him from making first grade because he is Barba-like with ball in hand.

Are we talking to lama tasi?

I read here the other day he wasn't going to be resigned by roosters, I think he still lives on the beaches..

It would seem kite is gone though?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Frank said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

At least Elliott has a sense of humour and is not monoslabic like many coaches. I don't know him, but I do like the way he deals with the media. I reckon he'd be a nice guy so I hope he does well.

Elliott is probably in a caretaker role until they can announce Bellamy. Bellamy may join them for 2014. Even if it was for 2013 he wouldn't announce it for a few weeks, after seeing what happened with Desgate .

Have to hope that could happen with Tasi but surprised he would be let go. Roosters do have alot of top young forwards waiting in wings.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Elliott is probably in a caretaker role until they can announce Bellamy. Bellamy may join them for 2014. Even if it was for 2013 he wouldn't announce it for a few weeks, after seeing what happened with Desgate .

Bellamy and Worriers would make an awesome combination, unfortunately. The Worriers have more junior talent than any team, and just need to get their heads right to start to dominate. Perhaps we underestimate the toll travelling to Australia for half of their matches takes on the players.

The Who said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Frank said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

At least Elliott has a sense of humour and is not monoslabic like many coaches. I don't know him, but I do like the way he deals with the media. I reckon he'd be a nice guy so I hope he does well.

TW i sat next to him at a function a few years ago. Very nice bloke.

I see that the Mole is tweeting that we are going to be paying $80K of T-Rex's contract next season when he is at the Dogs. I don't know how the hell that works ?

*Edit - just realised that there is a whole thread dedicated to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8