Rothfield’s Sunday Column - Who’s the player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Geez you’d think they’d want s more capable replacement for Mansour than him. Talk about replacing a Rolls Royce with a Holden.
And they seem to have an endless supply of good juniors out there. Doesn’t make sense.
I’d say he’d be back up. No way Chrichton or DWZ make way for Uate.

• 👍
Reactions: Sue
Geez you’d think they’d want s more capable replacement for Mansour than him. Talk about replacing a Rolls Royce with a Holden.
And they seem to have an endless supply of good juniors out there. Doesn’t make sense.
Wouldn’t it be great to have depth like Penrith. 8 first graders out injured, six of whom would be a walk up start at every NRL club. If they manage to put anything like their best 17 out there for an extended period, they will challenge any side.

• 👍
Reactions: Sue
It doesnt matter whether it's Walker or Tapau, we paid over the top to get them to Manly and they haven't exactly been setting the world on fire of late,so who's goint to match what we've been paying, so I would say that they'll probably stay
Exactly.
Sorry I think taupau is rubbish. Young founa -Blake is our best prop. Taupau is hopeless always good for 3 drop balls and 3 penalties a game.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

‘‘I did his new deal in January for this year and there are no third-party deals in his contract,’’ Gorman said.
No wonder the whole TPA thing is murky. If it has to be at arms length and the clubs can only make introductions, why on earth do TPAs appear in the contract?
I'd hate these guys to run a chook raffle!

Just as a quick follow up to this one - When asked who the player was on his blog today, Buzz had this to say:

"Not fair to name him wait. It will come up when he switches club. He's a back".

He's already said Walker isn't going anywhere within the last week or so after speaking to his manager, so that narrows it down.

Exactly.
Sorry I think taupau is rubbish. Young founa -Blake is our best prop. Taupau is hopeless always good for 3 drop balls and 3 penalties a game.

. Usually love your work Cam but I’m going to have to disagree on this one. Yes he’s had a few average games this season but he’s going ok on the run metres:
8DBDE454-A5D7-4D78-BD73-8FDA4720D88A.png

Whether or not it’s true....geez I’ve had a gut full of all this negativity surrounding our club.
Why is it we just cant get it right in the office , we have been stuffed about from the front since back in the Stewart days and never got the office fixed yet .
Im sick of every year going from one **** fight to another out front , instead of being in the papers for the right reason we always hit it for the wrong ..
Reporters can be biased etc yes , but we keep giving them the story by players stuffing up , or front office in fighting .
I just hope now we can eventually get through this year without the spoon and get the office sorted and players happy again , we put a capable team out on the field even with the injuries we have but something is wrong and as the saying goes **** runs down hill , fix the front and things might turn around a bit for us.

. Usually love your work Cam but I’m going to have to disagree on this one. Yes he’s had a few average games this season but he’s going ok on the run metres:
View attachment 8281

Speaking of Marty...

@ReadingThePlay Martin Taupau having a blinder yesterday v Roosters. Out to impress his likely new suitors? Watch this space, he's not under lock and key at seasons end after 3rd party deals crumbled... #OwedPlenty #WontGetIt #NotHappyJan #FreeAgent

Last edited:
View attachment 8281
Interesting the NRL website stats have Marty at second. Who is correct?

RUN METRES
Name Total
Blake Ferguson Roosters 1,730
Martin Taupau Sea Eagles 1,558
James Tedesco Roosters 1,536
David Klemmer Bulldogs 1,472
Jason Taumalolo Cowboys 1,463

In any case he is doing a mountain of work and is quite clearly currently the best prop in the game. Just wish he had more support when he carts the ball up.

Speaking of Marty...

@ReadingThePlay Martin Taupau having a blinder yesterday v Roosters. Out to impress his likely new suitors? Watch this space, he's not under lock and key at seasons end after 3rd party deals crumbled... #OwedPlenty #WontGetIt #NotHappyJan #FreeAgent
That will do me if he leaves Manly and the Roosters pick him up. No way they could afford him. In any case Reading the Play (a.k.a. Gerard Condon) is often way off the mark with his mail.

Speaking of Marty...

lol

The only thing surprising about that is that "sporting news" didn't go "Hmmm..Marty had a blinder, lets make up a rumour that he is leaving" before 'reading the play' did.

Exactly.

Glad Marty has been reading my post and has responded.
Maybe I should take over from Barrett. Seems my posts motivate the players more. Watch for tommy butterfingers to destroy the broncos on Saturday after the hammering I’ve given him on here @:D>:)

That will do me if he leaves Manly and the Roosters pick him up. No way they could afford him. In any case Reading the Play (a.k.a. Gerard Condon) is often way off the mark with his mail.
hes a manly hating piece of **** that guy
I remember is 2014 he had snake at Canberra from the time Glenn signed with souths. It never happened

Jesus, I'd hate to be going into battle with some of you.

He had a TERRIBLE game yesterday, and has been out of sorts the past month, but dead set - you hope he is leaving the club???

You can’t read sarcasm very well. I was taking the piss. Far out he is protected around here by some sensitive people.

We all know what he is capable of, but there’s no hiding the fact that at the moment he isn’t first grade quality. We all have hope he can return to his blistering form...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8