Rothfield’s Sunday Column - Who’s the player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Snippet from Rothfield’s column. Old mate’s already said Walker isn’t looking at getting out, so I would think most people would make the assumption, based on the level of cash that it would be Taupau.

SHOOSH
WHICH NRL club is trying to sign a disgruntled Manly Sea Eagle who’s lost $100,000 in contract earnings since salary cap investigators uncovered a rort in his deal?

Anybody could write that and have 90% of people believe it. Not hard with the TPP issue.
I am disappointed in this weeks column as I have no idea what Gallen or anyone else from the Shire has been up to this week.
But there was a big scoop this week............. TB walking his kids to school. :clap:

Aren't they still paid the money but it's now counted towards the cap?
No, tpa's are never guaranteed if they fall through, player will miss out, TPA not counted towards cap. Club could try and increase their salary which would be then counted towards cap, doubt Manly are in a position to do that. Hope it's Daley, paying him enough.

What would rothfield know anyway, can't believe a word he says, full of crap

That's what I thought and hence our Cap punishment of 330k :cool:

Player movements after season start are really irritating and June 30 is still a long way away :tmi:

Last edited:

The way I understand it is that the supposed "guaranteed TPA;s" were taken from our cap because we supposedly guaranteed the players they would receive the money. That is the the NRL's whole basis for our penalties.

The players apparently never received this "promised" money.

The way I understand it is that the supposed "guaranteed TPA;s" were taken from our cap because we supposedly guaranteed the players they would receive the money. That is the the NRL's whole basis for our penalties.

The players apparently never received this "promised" money.
That doesn't make sense at all. If the money is taken from the cap, then it goes towards the players. Would else would get the money.

A player would be disgruntled if not getting tpa's that have been deemed illegal, hence loses out on the money. I thought the 330k penalty was for breaching the cap by 1.5 million over the past 5 years. Which we are contesting. Seems crazy to deduct the 330k and count it towards the cap, but then not give it to the player. How fu$ked up is that

Last edited:
And then they can sign one of the copious amounts of outstanding halves that are available

Or just another ordinary one incapable of playing as a half without someone else taking control of the majority of the play making duty's and decisions at a 1/4 of the price.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
It is either Marty or Walker, don’t know if AFB would have a TPA. DCE has a contract for life and the Turbos wouldn’t be looking to go anywhere.

Walker has said he isn’t going back to Souths but don’t know if it’s another club though.

We’ll just have to sit tight and see what unfolds. We will probably lose a high end player somewhere if we need to balance the squad elsewhere. I love Marty and hope it isn’t him but in our squad he would definitely be one player that could walk into any squad in the NRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7