Roosters emerge as shock contenders for Joseph Suaalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I honestly cannot fathom people who revere billionaires, especially those known to be thugs and whose wealth was inherited. But as I said before, a matter for personal opinion.

However, as to whether or not he was such a brilliant businessman ... see this from his Wikipedia entry:
"If $100 million had been invested in the Australian sharemarket in September 1974 through a balanced portfolio of the top 200 companies, that portfolio would be worth a lot more than $6.9 billion in December 2005, possibly as much as $11 billion."

:giggle: @:):rofl:

I take and agree with your point SERB .. but if we are quoting Wikipedia entries as fact .. we are all doomed ..

Also even limited consideration to that statement would lead me to question the validity of it .. does it allow for funds coming out each year for living costs, family dispersements, donations to charities, hospitals, Art galleries, tax, capital gain tax etc ... or is it just a simplified calculation of share value start and finish. ... I am certain if he didn't enjoy a punt and the dolce vita he would also have had a lot more than the 6.9 ..

I honestly cannot fathom people who revere billionaires, especially those known to be thugs and whose wealth was inherited. But as I said before, a matter for personal opinion.

However, as to whether or not he was such a brilliant businessman ... see this from his Wikipedia entry:
"If $100 million had been invested in the Australian sharemarket in September 1974 through a balanced portfolio of the top 200 companies, that portfolio would be worth a lot more than $6.9 billion in December 2005, possibly as much as $11 billion."

A lot of these billionaires employ a lot of people.

You need to be careful with such comparisons ... companies that were included in that index in 1974 such a Bond Corp, bell resources Quintex, tricontinental are no longer around today.

You need to be careful with such comparisons ... companies that were included in that index in 1974 such a Bond Corp, bell resources Quintex, tricontinental are no longer around today.
The stock market is a game of Russian roulette

This season is already a write-off - all the other clubs will throw in the towel because renowned rorter O'Sullivan has declared this young bloke the best ever player:

Agree mate......I’m sick & tired of seeing articles written about him. He’s shown his true colours when he dumped the Rabbitohs & chased the money with Roosters. He may be good but he’ll have a huge target on his back. Different playing against 16, 17,18 year olds so really has shown jack$hit. Let’s see how he goes against men.... When he gets trampled by a Fafita or Asofa Solomona etc we’ll see how he handles it. Looks to me like someone who won’t like getting tackled & will have a sook if hurt.

Agree mate......I’m sick & tired of seeing articles written about him. He’s shown his true colours when he dumped the Rabbitohs & chased the money with Roosters. He may be good but he’ll have a huge target on his back. Different playing against 16, 17,18 year olds so really has shown jack$hit. Let’s see how he goes against men.... When he gets trampled by a Fafita or Asofa Solomona etc we’ll see how he handles it. Looks to me like someone who won’t like getting tackled & will have a sook if hurt.
He isn't on the books for huge money. The main sticking point for the Bunnies was that he wanted an option to leave his contract at any time. Bunnies refused and Roosters agreed.

He isn't on the books for huge money. The main sticking point for the Bunnies was that he wanted an option to leave his contract at any time. Bunnies refused and Roosters agreed.
South’s offered him a 5 year deal worth $2.5 million with no get out clause. Roosters gave him a 3 year deal with a get out clause added.....$500k a season is good money for a 17 year old!!!

The "smashing" will have to wait because the guy that the rorters said is old enough so change the rules because I'm uncle nick - is not playing in case the cameras scare him.

The much anticipated Sydney Roosters debut for rising star Joseph Suaalii has been delayed for another week.
Suaalii, 17, was expected to play in a composite rookie Roosters side against Wests Tigers in an unofficial trial on Saturday at Camden.

Roosters officials have now decided to shield Suaalii until next Saturday’s NRL trial match against Canberra at Seiffert Oval.

The "smashing" will have to wait because the guy that the rorters said is old enough so change the rules because I'm uncle nick - is not playing in case the cameras scare him.

The much anticipated Sydney Roosters debut for rising star Joseph Suaalii has been delayed for another week.
Suaalii, 17, was expected to play in a composite rookie Roosters side against Wests Tigers in an unofficial trial on Saturday at Camden.

Roosters officials have now decided to shield Suaalii until next Saturday’s NRL trial match against Canberra at Seiffert Oval.

So he will be a week older then?

This kid looks like an absolute arrogant twat! I thought I disliked Queen Gutho but this kid takes his place easily. Wanker of the highest order........

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4