Roosters emerge as shock contenders for Joseph Suaalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Spoken like somebody that never did anything ..

But fair point ... blokes like Roy Bull, Ken Arthurson, Bob Batty, Rex Mossop, Frank Stanton, Steve Rogers, Andrew Ettingshausen, Steve Roach, Wally Lewis, Ben Elias and many others never having played in a winning grand final would also be good choices ...
Wally won titles in Queensland and England. Frank Stanton won as a coach, Ken Arthuson as a CEO. None of the others had the opportunity to coach the best Toyota cup team in history, the might Manly, or the minor premiers. Trent had a huge opportunity to taste success this season as an assistant... But alas cruel fate, he was crushed the weight of an elephant hard of hearing. Next year perhaps?

Edit... While Wally did play for Wakefield Trinity he never won a premiership in England. He did however, with Wynam Manly.

Last edited:
Back when we had a thread about Pearce coming to manly I posted something along the lines of..
"Love to have him at manly alongside dce but I have the feeling the minute cronk retires Pearce will jump ship right back to the roosters"

It took 1 season longer than I expected but seems to be exactly what's happening

Back when we had a thread about Pearce coming to manly I posted something along the lines of..
"Love to have him at manly alongside dce but I have the feeling the minute cronk retires Pearce will jump ship right back to the roosters"

It took 1 season longer than I expected but seems to be exactly what's happening

Our local prognosticator.

Our local prognosticator.
That one was pretty easy to see coming LOL
Look at how they treated Flanagan, got him relatively cheap on a short term deal, make no secret of dropping him mid season (actually went out of their way to make sure the media knew he was dropped) and heaped their failed threepeat shot squarely on his shoulders... young bloke was signed for nothing other than being a patsy and to use up a year waiting to get Pearce back...

No ... not everyone on here is a numbnut ... but with a post like that .. you certainly have identified yourself as a class A, card carrying, membership paying and placate waving disciple of the congenitally imbecilic ...

PSS .. Numbnuttery is not a permanent or totally debilitating condition .. it is possible to live a normal life and only be a numbnut occasionally .. or on just a particular subject ... however imbecility is a chronic condition and may I ... out of my inherent kindness ... suggest to you, that you get a grown up to read your posts before you send them in future ..
Hahahahaha
Good one mcwood duck, really nailed me..
Lame duck. The duck that thinks he’s a dog.

Quack quack

Barrett Barrett Barrett, numbnut numbnut numbnut

Does that explain why their women's team is also successful?
Half the women's teams make the GF. Not bad odds!

Little known (or acknowledged) fact:

The Roosters were a side made up of East side Frenchmen. That's why they're Blue, White and Red and their emblem is Le Coq. There was a small enclave of Frenchies living near La Perouse (names after the Frenchy who "discovered" Australia three days after Cook) ... these Frenchies put together a footy team which eventually turned into Easts. There's still remnants of this in the East if you look hard enough ... they have a rivalry with Souths as Souths were Aussie hard workers who hated these French efeet snobs and loved bashing them

The Roosters were a side made up of East side Frenchmen. That's why they're Blue, White and Red and their emblem is Le Coq. There was a small enclave of Frenchies living near La Perouse (names after the Frenchy who "discovered" Australia three days after Cook) ... these Frenchies put together a footy team which eventually turned into Easts. There's still remnants of this in the East if you look hard enough ... they have a rivalry with Souths as Souths were Aussie hard workers who hated these French efeet snobs and loved bashing them
Funny story but does not tally with the very anglo names of all the original chook players going back to their first couple of years. Which were actually the first couple of years of the game in this country.
Oh well, quel dommage. ;)

La connerie!

Nice theory, except La Perouse with 2 ships arrived a couple of days after the 1st fleet in 1788 (not Cook in 1770), and they were gone after a few weeks, assumed shipwrecked, never to be seen again.

Apparently they'll risk losing Angus Chrichton if Suaalli signs (Gus is on backended contract and will have to take a big pay cut the year after next I think). Or alternatively, we could swoop and take Sitili Tupouinua...

Apparently they'll risk losing Angus Chrichton if Suaalli signs (Gus is on backended contract and will have to take a big pay cut the year after next I think). Or alternatively, we could swoop and take Sitili Tupouinua...
NRL won’t permit him to take a massive pay cut due to the market value rule... oh that’s right, he plays for the Roosters and the rule doesn’t apply to Nick Politis and his deal making formula.

Anyway... he’s on a massive deal next season. So his contract should affect their ability to sign players in 2021. Let’s wait and see what the media whores have to say on the matter. So far all I’m reading is how Penrith are struggling to keep their squad together and they have already released Tamou who was on a massive deal. The Rorters have released Flanagan who was on a very small contract.

So according to news reports (believe it if you will) the Rorters are shopping Angus Crichton around in order to get Suaali in under the sombrero BUT Crichton is on close to $1mil a season. HOW THE FUK can they fit in all these players who are on around $1mil a season.
Tedesco
Morris twins
Keary
Cordner
Crichton
JWH
Friend
$BW
Radley

So according to news reports (believe it if you will) the Rorters are shopping Angus Crichton around in order to get Suaali in under the sombrero BUT Crichton is on close to $1mil a season. HOW THE FUK can they fit in all these players who are on around $1mil a season.
Tedesco
Morris twins
Keary
Cordner
Crichton
JWH
Friend
$BW
Radley
PLUS offer this untried kid what’s reported to be 4.5 million for 3 years ......let that sink in!!!

Tedesco
Morris twins
Keary
Cordner
Crichton
JWH
Friend
$BW
Radley
Yup. Great chance for us to swoop for either Angus or Sitili. Chooks forum say they'd prefer let go of Sitili but I think he is the best value for money as he could probably never command the money Angus can but still provides energy, punch and versatility.

Angus "missing digit" Creighton would be good at Manly.

Every team needs one of those blokes with a massive 80s head & hairstyle to go with it.

Kind of like how there was always a kid in your year at school whose face looked like a hippo's.

Angus "missing digit" Creighton would be good at Manly.

Every team needs one of those blokes with a massive 80s head & hairstyle to go with it.

Kind of like how there was always a kid in your year at school whose face looked like a hippo's.
Apart from the inflated salary we would need to pay, would be super happy to land Creighton.....the perfect aquisition for mine would be Cam Murray, but away from fairyland and back to reality and Creighton or the Sitili bloke would be great signings...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4