Roosters emerge as shock contenders for Joseph Suaalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ritchie must be bumming Uncle Nick with these phrases....."
while there was interest, it appears he could struggle to be squeezed in under the club’s tight salary cap.

While the Roosters are the masters of managing their cap"......FMD.

Yeah..."masters"

I also read another article saying that souths wouldn't let Suaalii go to their big rivals, the rorters, under any circumstances.

2 different stories (not surprised) anyway, I'm sure he wants to follow his dream of playing the the nfl. Has he seen ice? Maybe it's the nhl?

A bit more salt into the nrl news after a storm gf win...

The Sydney Roosters have opened communications with arch rivals the South Sydney Rabbitohs to release boom teenager Joseph Suaalii from the final year of his contract.
The 17-year-old schoolboy superstar has rejected a $2 million contract extension at the Rabbitohs and wants to sign a long-term deal at the Roosters.

He has been in talks with Roosters coach Trent Robinson and the club’s head of recruitment Daniel Anderson for several weeks.

(if true)

Isn't the kid a fullback? This is probably just a negotiating ploy to reduce Tedesco's next deal.
(unless he's already signed off on it and I missed the news, which is quite possible)

Looks like Suaalii wants to follow his dream of signing up for Jobseeker...

Wests Tigers emerge as contender for Joseph Suaalii as Souths end interest
DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
October 8, 2020 10:11pm

Wests Tigers have emerged as a shock contender in the messy chase to sign teenage prodigy Joseph Suaalii.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Suaalii, 17, has told Souths he does not want to play at Redfern next season, despite being offered a stunning four-year deal worth $1.9 million.
Suaalii’s incredible demands — and a lack of desire to represent the famous club — has ended Souths’ interest in the young star.

There are even suggestions Suaalii has managed to tick off his other main suitor, Rugby Australia.
Suaalii was shopped to the Sydney Roosters and, while there was interest, it appears he could struggle to be squeezed in under the club’s tight salary cap.

While the Roosters are the masters of managing their cap, Suaalii couldn’t play his favourite position at Bondi — fullback — due to the long-term presence of James Tedesco.

Suaalii could also be used as a running five-eighth but the Roosters have Luke Keary locked down.

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has a huge opinion of Suaalii, who has a striking running game in both rugby codes — league and union.

Maguire helped a young Suaalii when the pair were at Souths. Wests Tigers would have the money to lodge an attractive offer and Suaalii could play fullback at Concord.

Several well-placed sources told The Daily Telegraph of Maguire’s strong interest in Suaalii. Maguire and Wests Tigers chief Justin Pascoe are away on leave.

The Tigers haven’t lodged any offer or opened formal discussions but the club’s interest in Suaalii is genuine. A deal could be struck from 2022 when the Tigers’ salary cap has settled.

Rumours circulated on Thursday that Suaalii was close to signing with the Roosters. This was however denied by those close to Suaalii, who has a development contract at Souths next year.
place.”

Despite their dislike for the Roosters, Souths would be prepared to release Suaalii to Bondi for 2021, provided the Roosters pay the Rabbitohs a development fee.

Suaalii has told Souths officials he does not want to play at the club next season, despite the Rabbitohs having nurtured the sports prodigy since the age of 13.

Even Souths coach Wayne Bennett has seemingly run out of patience with Suaalii, while there is confusion over who is actually representing Suaalii.

While Souths would never admit it publicly, Souths believe Suaalii and his family have disrespected their club.

The only way Suaalii could return to Souths would be by attending pre-season training — after putting contract negotiations on hold — and showing a hunger and desire.

Suaalii — still at school next year — wanted clauses inserted into his contract stating he could leave after each year, a request laughed off by Souths. One rival club, watching the Suaalii drama unfold, fear the kid could be lost to both codes.

Any potential clubs would be wary about the stipulations Suaalii could place on his any future contract.
Doueihi would be feeling a little miffed I would expect

The Roosters and the Rabbits are fighting over this kid
and....
We have Schuster the best young prospect in the NRL
Schuster will be bigger than Ben Hur feathered friend
Don’t disagree but he’s what , 17, been offered 2 million and wants a heap more ( which obviously the Roosters have now that Aubusson on $350k has retired freeing up at least a million a year in cap).

What the **** are we getting to offering a 17 year old who’s done diddly squat that sort of $$$

A bit more salt into the nrl news after a storm gf win...

The Sydney Roosters have opened communications with arch rivals the South Sydney Rabbitohs to release boom teenager Joseph Suaalii from the final year of his contract.
The 17-year-old schoolboy superstar has rejected a $2 million contract extension at the Rabbitohs and wants to sign a long-term deal at the Roosters.

He has been in talks with Roosters coach Trent Robinson and the club’s head of recruitment Daniel Anderson for several weeks.

(if true)
You forgot Nick (brown paper bags) Politis.. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Don’t disagree but he’s what , 17, been offered 2 million and wants a heap more ( which obviously the Roosters have now that Aubusson on $350k has retired freeing up at least a million a year in cap).

What the **** are we getting to offering a 17 year old who’s done diddly squat that sort of $$$
Lots of paper bag media money talk but no one has seen what has been offered

lucky manly isn't linked to him or this thread could end up challenging the kieran forum!
No need, we already have hoppa in the role of teenage prodigy, swatting aside 70kg 16 year olds on highlights videos.

Apropos of nothing - as a 13 year old second rower I once scored a try similar to Guru Grothe bumping off about 5 players. 2 years later I was a halfback. Now I am a 70kg 50 year old who couldn't knock a sick girl off a toilet. Teenage prodigies who are big for their age need more to make it in the NRL.

Honestly, kinda kills off and ruins the game for me.

We struggle to re-sign Sean Keppie, have to release all these players (Thompson, AFB, Waddell, Levi, Hopoate likely, Elliott, Metcalf, Morgan possibly). They get one game from the GF, re-up everyone, then look for all the best young talent, and pay through he nose for it.

Didn't I hear they were also interested getting Mitchell Pearce back, and have also extended the Morris twins.

That and being smart enough to employ Trent Barrett as asst Coach ...

PSS ... Sorry, couldn't help myself ...
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Your sh!t fuk of a son is a fuking champion at losing!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooddddddfdddffdddddyyyyyyyyyyyy mcwood duck. The duck that thinks he’s a dog

Quack quack

Numbnut numbnut numbnut numbnut, everyone on here is a numbnut except for woooooooooooooooooooooddddddyyyyyyyyyyy mcwood duck the lame duck

Hahahahaha

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6