Roosters emerge as shock contenders for Joseph Suaalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly, kinda kills off and ruins the game for me.

We struggle to re-sign Sean Keppie, have to release all these players (Thompson, AFB, Waddell, Levi, Hopoate likely, Elliott, Metcalf, Morgan possibly). They get one game from the GF, re-up everyone, then look for all the best young talent, and pay through he nose for it.

Didn't I hear they were also interested getting Mitchell Pearce back, and have also extended the Morris twins.
Love your posts mate and good to see you back..

On the cap, we are fuked until we sort our cap out. You cannot give 3 mil to 3 players on a 9 mil cap ( 9ish). And fit the remaining 27 players into 6 mil or 6.5 mil, it’s just totally moronic and irresponsible to think that can work. The retention and recruitment team have HUGE questions to answer.....

Love your posts mate and good to see you back..

On the cap, we are fuked until we sort our cap out. You cannot give 3 mil to 3 players on a 9 mil cap ( 9ish). And fit the remaining 27 players into 6 mil or 6.5 mil, it’s just totally moronic and irresponsible to think that can work. The retention and recruitment team have HUGE questions to answer.....

Guarantee, the Chooks are giving close to one mill to at least three players.

Tedesko, Keary, JWH, Cordner, Crighton (Huge dollars) - all 750k -1 mill I'd say
Morris 1, Morris 2, Tupou, Manu, Friend, Radley (decent dollars) 500k - 750k
Fifita, Butcher, Aubusson, Taukeiaho, Flanagan, Ikuvalu, Hall, Liu, SBW (modest dollars) 350k - 500k
Raft of others (lower dollars) 120k - 350k

Too be honest, I'd say most teams are like that, and us, and we aren't so much a an anomaly as we think, it's just that we focus on us. List any team, and you'll see large contracts - even the Dogs next season.

Thanks for the kind words mate

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Your sh!t fuk of a son is a fuking champion at losing!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooddddddfdddffdddddyyyyyyyyyyyy mcwood duck. The duck that thinks he’s a dog

Quack quack

Numbnut numbnut numbnut numbnut, everyone on here is a numbnut except for woooooooooooooooooooooddddddyyyyyyyyyyy mcwood duck the lame duck

Hahahahaha
Take two aspirin and call me in the morning

Guarantee, the Chooks are giving close to one mill to at least three players.

Tedesko, Keary, JWH, Cordner, Crighton (Huge dollars) - all 750k -1 mill I'd say
Morris 1, Morris 2, Tupou, Manu, Friend, Radley (decent dollars) 500k - 750k
Fifita, Butcher, Aubusson, Taukeiaho, Flanagan, Ikuvalu, Hall, Liu, SBW (modest dollars) 350k - 500k
Raft of others (lower dollars) 120k - 350k

Too be honest, I'd say most teams are like that, and us, and we aren't so much a an anomaly as we think, it's just that we focus on us. List any team, and you'll see large contracts - even the Dogs next season.

Thanks for the kind words mate
[/QUOTE
Your probably correct mate, but none of us will know what the Roosters pay in Tpas ( on the books)so probably a bit of speculation on there overall cap.

As for us, its a question of what value we, as a club are getting for 3 players that are on over 3 mil of a 9 mil cap. And when 1 player goes down for a majority of the season( Turbo is yet to complete a season in his career)what effect that has on us. For me personally, I’d rather see us diversify the risk between several players and positions, as opposed to loading up on so called super stars..

Take our awesome Squad from 07-13
Team full of super stars? Or Super star team?

Super star team in my book...

Honestly, kinda kills off and ruins the game for me.

We struggle to re-sign Sean Keppie, have to release all these players (Thompson, AFB, Waddell, Levi, Hopoate likely, Elliott, Metcalf, Morgan possibly). They get one game from the GF, re-up everyone, then look for all the best young talent, and pay through he nose for it.

Didn't I hear they were also interested getting Mitchell Pearce back, and have also extended the Morris twins.
Finally someone seeing things as I do. Dont forget ,they are offering Teddy big money to stay there as well, and all that Teddy is baulking at their offer is just garbage. Teddy is going nowhere. Office works, Coles and Woolworths will be running out of brown paper bags real quick

The only problem is that DCE is nearly (but being a bit dramatic) 2x 750K. Taupau is roughly 700-750K, Trbo a mil, jurbo 800-900K.
So, we have our version of 'The Big Three/Four'. Why can't we craft a support team around them like Melbourne has done successfully?
Was The Storm ever criticised for outlaying such salaries on so few players?
We can't keep using injuries for an excuse: DCE, Jurbo and Kapow hardly missed a match last season. Why is losing one star - Turbo - so catastrophic to our chances when The Storm managed to win regularly without Slater?
I reckon if you put our 'Big Four' into a Bellyache-coached team then it would finish a lot higher than 13th.

So, we have our version of 'The Big Three/Four'. Why can't we craft a support team around them like Melbourne has done successfully?
We can't keep using injuries for an excuse: DCE, Jurbo and Kapow hardly missed a match last season. Why is losing one star - Turbo - so catastrophic to our chances when The Storm managed to win regularly without Slater?
I reckon if you put our 'Big Four' into a Bellyache-coached team then it would finish a lot higher than 13th.
Maybe our superstars aren’t so super? Maybe they aren’t a big 3 like everyone thinks?

Yes we all love the Turbo Clan, but are they really really really worth the coin that was so freely given?

And DCE, can anyone really justify his exorbitant contract? I mean , really? Contracts like that can only be held up to results, and have results been forthcoming? No they have not, not in anyone’s book. Let alone a great club like ours..

The very real question question is who is accountable? Is it DCE? Is it Turbos constant injury worries? Is it Jake? All 3?

For mine it’s the Recruitment team, it’s an absolute shambles and needs to be overhauled immediately with hard questions asked. Whilst I love certain players, I LOVE MANLY more. Without these questions being asked, no answers will be given and we will continue to languish between 9th-14th.

No need, we already have hoppa in the role of teenage prodigy, swatting aside 70kg 16 year olds on highlights videos.

Apropos of nothing - as a 13 year old second rower I once scored a try similar to Guru Grothe bumping off about 5 players. 2 years later I was a halfback. Now I am a 70kg 50 year old who couldn't knock a sick girl off a toilet. Teenage prodigies who are big for their age need more to make it in the NRL.
got a mate who loved telling everyone about his son who 'the scouts are there checking him out weekly' as a 12 -13 year old.
a year or two later this 'champion' was playing with my nephew and most of the other kids had caught up to him in size, around his 16th birthday i bumped into the old man and asked how the kid is going only to be told the he has decided to concentrate on cricket now.

It feels like our attack has not a lot of structure... or that structure doesn't really work by itself and therefore needs a superstar player to make it look competent.

You take that player out of the mix and suddenly we either look very pedestrian, or revert to headless chicken stuff to try and come up with points.

I really hope 2021 is not the same.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Your sh!t fuk of a son is a fuking champion at losing!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooddddddfdddffdddddyyyyyyyyyyyy mcwood duck. The duck that thinks he’s a dog

Quack quack

Numbnut numbnut numbnut numbnut, everyone on here is a numbnut except for woooooooooooooooooooooddddddyyyyyyyyyyy mcwood duck the lame duck

Hahahahaha

No ... not everyone on here is a numbnut ... but with a post like that .. you certainly have identified yourself as a class A, card carrying, membership paying and placate waving disciple of the congenitally imbecilic ...

PSS .. Numbnuttery is not a permanent or totally debilitating condition .. it is possible to live a normal life and only be a numbnut occasionally .. or on just a particular subject ... however imbecility is a chronic condition and may I ... out of my inherent kindness ... suggest to you, that you get a grown up to read your posts before you send them in future ..

It seems the off season has really kicked off in full throttle ( funny I thought we sort of built up to it in the past).

No ... not everyone on here is a numbnut ... but with a post like that .. you certainly have identified yourself as a class A, card carrying, membership paying and placate waving disciple of the congenitally imbecilic ...

PSS .. Numbnuttery is not a permanent or totally debilitating condition .. it is possible to live a normal life and only be a numbnut occasionally .. or on just a particular subject ... however imbecility is a chronic condition and may I ... out of my inherent kindness ... suggest to you, that you get a grown up to read your posts before you send them in future ..
You have to admit that he makes a fair point about Trent though. The guy is a perennial also ran as far as winning a footy comp is concerned.

Good man to have in the organisation after such a big loss. No one better to console the players heartbreak than Trent... he certainly has the experience.

You have to admit that he makes a fair point about Trent though. The guy is a perennial also ran as far as winning a footy comp is concerned.

Good man to have in the organisation after such a big loss. No one better to console the players heartbreak than Trent... he certainly has the experience.

Spoken like somebody that never did anything ..

But fair point ... blokes like Roy Bull, Ken Arthurson, Bob Batty, Rex Mossop, Frank Stanton, Steve Rogers, Andrew Ettingshausen, Steve Roach, Wally Lewis, Ben Elias and many others never having played in a winning grand final would also be good choices ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4