Roosters emerge as shock contenders for Joseph Suaalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tedesko's cap hit would be small, like DCE's with the marquee player allowance, Vehicle, training and other allowances that would all be afforded to him. He might be getting paid that.

Joe Kelly stated DCE is our marquee player.

These figures won't be all apart of the salary cap, third party deals and dodgy payments are likely. Why do you think the Roosters players have Rolex's, the club "gifts" it to them.
They are permitted to cheat by the NRL while the media giggle about a salary cap sombrero. It's blatant and no one seems to give a duck. On top of the four contracts above which come to $4 million a season (as per the media reports) they have to fit in players like Manu, Tupou, J Morris, B Morris, Friend, Radley, JWH, Sticky asshole, Collins, Butcher, SBW, Liu, Aubusson... And the rest of the support cast.

The NRL published the tpa amounts per club last season... the Roosters were listed in the lower tier at $200k.

It has been revealed that the Third Party behind the push to get Joseph Suaalii playing for the Roosters is none other than Eastern Suburbs icon, The Wayside Chapel.

It is surmised that the Charity would like Joseph to lead their Long Walk Home promotion from 27 Oct until 1 Nov., whereby he would replicate the 28 km a person walks each week, looking for a place to sleep or find a meal.

Further details at Long Walk Home - Wayside Chapel

They are permitted to cheat by the NRL while the media giggle about a salary cap sombrero. It's blatant and no one seems to give a duck. On top of the four contracts above which come to $4 million a season (as per the media reports) they have to fit in players like Manu, Tupou, J Morris, B Morris, Friend, Radley, JWH, Sticky asshole, Collins, Butcher, SBW, Liu, Aubusson... And the rest of the support cast.

The NRL published the tpa amounts per club last season... the Roosters were listed in the lower tier at $200k.

And yet ... you haven't even begun to suspect that the media reports may have been incorrect .... keep working on it though ...

Gee another thread about how everybody is cheating but poor old us. **** me we have become the most whiny supporter group their is you would think we had our hands clean.

Oh that's right we cheated the cap and got busted. We seem ok with rorts when we are involved yet someone else we need a thread to complain about the nrl.

Storm time wasting needed a thread yet some of our supporters seem to conveniently forget how we rorted the head bin rule with Paul Shaw on the bench in 87.

We all know loopholes exist in all rules and if we as a club want to be successful again we better be using them if not we will continue to be the rabble we were this year and we used to despise.

Nothing stopping us talking to this kid if we want to. The only thing stopping us as a club at the moment is ambition we seem to be happy with our lot being a mediocre just surviving team.

Either compete or gtfo

And yet ... you haven't even begun to suspect that the media reports may have been incorrect .... keep working on it though ...
Gee another thread about how everybody is cheating but poor old us. **** me we have become the most whiny supporter group their is you would think we had our hands clean.

Yep, this. Just look at the supposed values of the our players for 2021 (pre AFB leaving)

Tom - 1.1
Jake - 900
DCE - 1.2
AFB - 850
Marty - 650

That alone comes to 4.7m out of a cap of 9.6m. Leaving 5.1m to be split between 25 guys - at an average of 200k each. And I've not included players like Walker, Suli or Siro in that lot above - someone like Walker is alleged to be on 5-600k a year as well.

You just have to take it all with a massive grain of salt when it comes to the figures bandied about. Yes, when it comes to the Roosters, you do just look and go huh? But on the flip side, look at the Dogs and Titans the past few years. Every club is obligated to spend 95% of the cap I believe. Where the hell has THAT money been going?

Yep, this. Just look at the supposed values of the our players for 2021 (pre AFB leaving)

Tom - 1.1
Jake - 900
DCE - 1.2
AFB - 850
Marty - 650

That alone comes to 4.7m out of a cap of 9.6m. Leaving 5.1m to be split between 25 guys - at an average of 200k each. And I've not included players like Walker, Suli or Siro in that lot above - someone like Walker is alleged to be on 5-600k a year as well.

You just have to take it all with a massive grain of salt when it comes to the figures bandied about. Yes, when it comes to the Roosters, you do just look and go huh? But on the flip side, look at the Dogs and Titans the past few years. Every club is obligated to spend 95% of the cap I believe. Where the hell has THAT money been going?
WALKER signed a modest contract to repay the club... Suli signed 2 year deal at $330k... And if you think Suli, Siro and WALKER is a fair comparison to the list of names in the Roosters squad above, then you've been watching netball not football.

Let's not forget Ryan Hall or the young centre the chooks have who did his ACL in the pre-season. The WALKER kid who they managed to outbid everyone for. Flanagan, Lam, Verrills and Tounamapia. Add them to the list.

I read they have managed to re-signs their entire squad again for next season as well... Name another side who can upgrade a chunk of their squad and do that?

Tom - 1.1
Jake - 900
DCE - 1.2
AFB - 850
Marty - 650

We also let AFB walk.

Suli signed 2 year deal at $330k

$550k a season according to this - Suli snubs big-money Dragons deal to re-sign with Manly (click on the headline for the story)

Which reinforces my point. These contract figures in the media are all pure speculation. I've not disagreed at all with the fact that you just go huh? when you look at the Roosters. But, at the same time, you can't post links to media stories to support half a story.

If you or I went to a Weidler, or Hooper, or Buzz and said right, tell me what each player in our squad is on, I will nigh on guarantee they come to some ridiculous figure that is way above the 9.6m of the cap. In my last post, I chose 5 players and the figures they are allegedly on (or, were going to be on in the case of AFB which I also stated) and got to almost half the cap. Adding Sulis alleged contract value onto that makes the case even worse.

Also, nowhere was I comparing the players in our squad to that of the Roosters. My point, which somehow you missed and which I'll state again, is that numbers are all pure speculation.

$550k a season according to this - Suli snubs big-money Dragons deal to re-sign with Manly (click on the headline for the story)

Which reinforces my point. These contract figures in the media are all pure speculation. I've not disagreed at all with the fact that you just go huh? when you look at the Roosters. But, at the same time, you can't post links to media stories to support half a story.

If you or I went to a Weidler, or Hooper, or Buzz and said right, tell me what each player in our squad is on, I will nigh on guarantee they come to some ridiculous figure that is way above the 9.6m of the cap. In my last post, I chose 5 players and the figures they are allegedly on (or, were going to be on in the case of AFB which I also stated) and got to almost half the cap. Adding Sulis alleged contract value onto that makes the case even worse.

Also, nowhere was I comparing the players in our squad to that of the Roosters. My point, which somehow you missed and which I'll state again, is that numbers are all pure speculation.
Love to see the player payments public !!

Actually,the Suli contract amount was reported at $550k-my bad... it was WALKER who was on the reduced amount of $330k. The rest of our top 30 were either juniors or low cost signings. Parker, Jorge, Boyle, Hopoate, Croker, CUST, Funa, Miski, Levi, Elliot, Schuster, Burbo, Harper, Williams, Sipley, Gosi, Garrick, etc... plenty of minimum/ low end contracts amongst that lot.

Virtually none of the Rorters squad could be classified as minimum/low end... apparently there is a thing called market value as well. What is the market value of their many rep players?

They were $400k under also-lets not forget about that. Which enabled them to sign SBW... who has been sh1t, but that's irrelevant. And now they're in the market to sign the most expensive junior in league history? Yeah right!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4