Roosters chasing Stewarts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hamster Huey said:
Peter C said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Can any of you remember the days - not all that long ago - when no-one wanted to poach our players. Trust me, we don't want to go back there!
They were very dark days indeed.
I remember on one occasion we were so desperate for any talent, that we were waiting in anticipation for the signature of Ron Prince from Parramatta and he knocked us back. But we did manage to get Ashley Alberts from somewhere. let's not forget the Squasher.

And we almost snared 'future superstar' Joe Williams, who instead chose to stick with Souths.

We had him all but signed, but Richardson put him on the mother of all guilt trips and he stayed with the Bunnies. Could have been a very good player, but unfortunately never played for a decent club. More talented than Soward who was heading in the same direction until he got to the Dragons.

Shoe1 said:
Make them all captain.

The Spanish Army has all generals and no privates....Good idea.

dceagle said:
I hope that when it comes to contract negoitiations , that Toovs has a lot to do with it . I get a distinct feeling that Perry is on the nose with some players. Especially the Stewie brothers , considering their strong bonds with Zorba , and Des.

Time usually helps grudges to be diminished. Maybe Zorba and Perry will eventually kiss and make up. These passions cannot last forever.

Roosters have now come out and DENIED chasing the Stewart Bros.

See:

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/11/21/roosters-deny-stalking-stewart-brothers/

Masked Eagle said:
Hamster Huey said:
Peter C said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Can any of you remember the days - not all that long ago - when no-one wanted to poach our players. Trust me, we don't want to go back there!
They were very dark days indeed.
I remember on one occasion we were so desperate for any talent, that we were waiting in anticipation for the signature of Ron Prince from Parramatta and he knocked us back. But we did manage to get Ashley Alberts from somewhere. let's not forget the Squasher.

And we almost snared 'future superstar' Joe Williams, who instead chose to stick with Souths.

We had him all but signed, but Richardson put him on the mother of all guilt trips and he stayed with the Bunnies. Could have been a very good player, but unfortunately never played for a decent club. More talented than Soward who was heading in the same direction until he got to the Dragons.
How true, forgot all about him,we were lucky with that one, but not so lucky when we signed up David Westly,wonder how much they paid for him, some others went on to become good clubmen like Willo,not outstanding but reliable.

The Eagle said:
MB59 said:
eagles2win said:
Another one is when they're up for contract who would you renew Foran or the Stewart Brothers?

If it came down to a choice of one I'd take Glenn.

That's foolish at his age, Foran has around 13 years left, Gift has 5

with Snake thats anyones guess

I will dislike them if they go anywhere but ESL

But there is a player much more important and he wears the 7 jersey

He is this generations Toovey/Joey/Thurston, if we lose him I think id cry myself to sleep as we miss the 8 repeatedly

My belief is we will have both Stewwies forever, as well as Choc,Bhurer,DCE and Foran, however Tooves might need to pull a Bellamy/Hasler and make some <Deleted> play well, Lussick is a manly fan and I don't see him leaving either,Wolf could go either way, Lyon and King are most likely on their last contract with us as is Kite

Ever notice how the players noone cares much for (Mauro,Robinson, Harrison) contracts don't make a single mention? I'd like to know about whats the go with these blokes and their contracts

I understand Foran's age advantage and his potential, I just feel that Glenn is the better player at this point in time,

Hope the future proves me wrong if Foran stays.

Sheikheagle said:
Graham Hughes said on talking sport this arvo that both stewarts were looking to stay at Manly.
we already know that, but don't tell the telecrap, they will have nothing to write.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7