Roosters chasing Stewarts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Napper said:
Every single time an international player is off contract this peice of s**t scum of a club is gonna buy them. Does the salary cap not exist in Bondi?
they have the same cap options as Belmore do Napper,NONE

mickqld said:
Loyalty is virtually non existant in the NRL and has been for years. I dont blame the Stewarts for wanting the biggest contracts they can get that is their right and good luck to them if they can get it. What I object to is these stories of clubs inducing players to break existing contracts and the NRL sitting on their hands doing nothing about it or indeed the Manly club not saying why is this being allowed to happen. Aren't there rules against this sort of practice. Dont players need to be given permission to talk to other clubs by there current club if they want out of contract early????

Mick, don't you reckon the Stewart's time at the club has been a little different to your average player/club association.

We took Glenn on to appease their parents (granted in the long run to our benefit). The club and the supporters stood by Brett and Glenn in what was arguably one of the most scrutinized court cases that any league player has had to endure.

Throw in a couple of knee reconstructions and I think a little loyalty would not be to much to ask for. I'm not suggesting they play for a pittance I'm just hoping that they see the big picture.

the thing is,if the brothers are only loyal to Des and only played for Des and not the club,then that is so wrong. Its about time the brothers came out and let us no what they are thinking of doing,they owe us that much,if they want to go,so be it,then we can let the healing process begin. I guarantee you one thing,I will never be loyal to a player again,thats for certain,
dont get me wrong,I want them to stay but if they want out,then let them go,like I said,let the healing begin,dont forget boys,it was not only Des that was loyal to you,it was the club too and us fans

Take a chill pill they haven't said they are going and until that happens dont believe all the bull**** that you read or hear

Sheikheagle said:
Take a chill pill they haven't said they are going and until that happens dont believe all the bull**** that you read or hear

This

there will be heaps more stories like this one about lots of our players.

The DT are talking des up like he is a god. In reality he was an awesome coach for us but he wasnt the only person.

I love the stewart brothers to death and would hate to see them go and understand their loyalty in some part to des but i only hope they remember it wasnt just des who was behind them when they went thru those hard 2 years. Every manly support to a man was behind brett and i really hope they remember that.

15 opposition teams. 3 teams with speculative Stewart bids.
12 more rumours to go with the NRL teams. Then there's English super league and perhaps netball.
The DT are going to keep this going for as long as they can.
Manly supporters let's believe facts only.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Sydney Roosters chairman Nick Politis chasing Manly stars Glenn and Brett Stewart

THE NRL's most powerful official, Roosters boss Nick Politis, is secretly trying to sign Manly's disgruntled Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, for 2013.

Politis rang their agents Mike Newton and George Mimis from Europe on Tuesday following my revelations last week that both are free to quit Brookvale.

Brett's contract expires at the end of next season and Glenn has a get-out clause because of an incredible administration bungle with his deal. I am told that even though Glenn, this year's Clive Churchill medal winner, has signed for another three years, a certain clause has not been met by the Sea Eagles.

If tested legally, there is a strong view he could walk out the door right now. Politis is aware of the situation, as are the Dragons, another club poised to make a move for the brothers because they are originally from Wollongong.

Canterbury are the other club in contention because of their respect and friendship with super coach Des Hasler. Brett has a particularly strong bond with Hasler, who nursed him through 18 months of hell.

Still, of all the clubs chasing the pair, the Roosters would have to be firm favourites. It's widely considered that what Nick Politis wants, Nick Politis normally gets.

And what I can't believe is that the Manly board has extended the contract of chief executive David Perry for three years despite the stuff-up with Stewart's contract and the other recent dramas at the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/sydney-roosters-chairman-nick-politis-chasing-manly-stars-glenn-and-brett-stewart/story-e6freye0-1226200025611

not sure if this story is credible but wtf is the go with all these Manly contracts having "get out contracts" and if that aint enough Glenn now has one, through a default (an admin bungle) LOL
Seriously if one thing in this club needs to change it's the administration - get iot right people . grrrrrr ...

They may get big $$ at chooks,or elsewhere,but do you think Manly would be paying them bar staff rates of pay.They would be on big,big $$$.Walk or stay,make your minds up.If you go,though,don't let the door hit you on the way out.And I'd say,don't expect any support,or sympathy from Manly-from me at least.The club is bigger than you!

MB59 said:
mickqld said:
Loyalty is virtually non existant in the NRL and has been for years. I dont blame the Stewarts for wanting the biggest contracts they can get that is their right and good luck to them if they can get it. What I object to is these stories of clubs inducing players to break existing contracts and the NRL sitting on their hands doing nothing about it or indeed the Manly club not saying why is this being allowed to happen. Aren't there rules against this sort of practice. Dont players need to be given permission to talk to other clubs by there current club if they want out of contract early????

Mick, don't you reckon the Stewart's time at the club has been a little different to your average player/club association.

We took Glenn on to appease their parents (granted in the long run to our benefit). The club and the supporters stood by Brett and Glenn in what was arguably one of the most scrutinized court cases that any league player has had to endure.

Throw in a couple of knee reconstructions and I think a little loyalty would not be to much to ask for. I'm not suggesting they play for a pittance I'm just hoping that they see the big picture.

My sentiments exactly.
Wasn't Brett Stewart quoted as wanting to stay and play at Manly for life - I seem to recall that?

Although Matthew Johns appears deadset the brothers will follow Des to
the Dogs -no questions asked and thank you very much.

1947 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Sydney Roosters chairman Nick Politis chasing Manly stars Glenn and Brett Stewart

THE NRL's most powerful official, Roosters boss Nick Politis, is secretly trying to sign Manly's disgruntled Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, for 2013.

Politis rang their agents Mike Newton and George Mimis from Europe on Tuesday following my revelations last week that both are free to quit Brookvale.

Brett's contract expires at the end of next season and Glenn has a get-out clause because of an incredible administration bungle with his deal. I am told that even though Glenn, this year's Clive Churchill medal winner, has signed for another three years, a certain clause has not been met by the Sea Eagles.

If tested legally, there is a strong view he could walk out the door right now. Politis is aware of the situation, as are the Dragons, another club poised to make a move for the brothers because they are originally from Wollongong.

Canterbury are the other club in contention because of their respect and friendship with super coach Des Hasler. Brett has a particularly strong bond with Hasler, who nursed him through 18 months of hell.

Still, of all the clubs chasing the pair, the Roosters would have to be firm favourites. It's widely considered that what Nick Politis wants, Nick Politis normally gets.

And what I can't believe is that the Manly board has extended the contract of chief executive David Perry for three years despite the stuff-up with Stewart's contract and the other recent dramas at the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/sydney-roosters-chairman-nick-politis-chasing-manly-stars-glenn-and-brett-stewart/story-e6freye0-1226200025611

not sure if this story is credible but wtf is the go with all these Manly contracts having "get out contracts" and if that aint enough Glenn now has one, through a default (an admin bungle) LOL
Seriously if one thing in this club needs to change it's the administration - get iot right people . grrrrrr ...
i doubt there really is any get out clause with Glenn, just some more DT bull****.

1947 said:
My sentiments exactly.
Wasn't Brett Stewart quoted as wanting to stay and play at Manly for life - I seem to recall that?

Although Matthew Johns appears deadset the brothers will follow Des to
the Dogs -no questions asked and thank you very much.

Mathew Johns is a dickhead and dribbles ****.

Can any of you remember the days - not all that long ago - when no-one wanted to poach our players. Trust me, we don't want to go back there!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Can any of you remember the days - not all that long ago - when no-one wanted to poach our players. Trust me, we don't want to go back there!
They were very dark days indeed.
I remember on one occasion we were so desperate for any talent, that we were waiting in anticipation for the signature of Ron Prince from Parramatta and he knocked us back. But we did manage to get Ashley Alberts from somewhere. let's not forget the Squasher.

Frankly-If they want to go, let them. I am so sick and tired of listening to this bull****.
Offer them what 28 year olds are worth-if they don't like it BYE BYE.
I want these two "MEN" to come out and pledge their allegiance to the Club that made them, gave them a chance....rah rah rah.
If not-Piss off with Des!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6