Roosters chasing Stewarts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sydney Roosters chairman Nick Politis chasing Manly stars Glenn and Brett Stewart

THE NRL's most powerful official, Roosters boss Nick Politis, is secretly trying to sign Manly's disgruntled Stewart brothers, Brett and Glenn, for 2013.

Politis rang their agents Mike Newton and George Mimis from Europe on Tuesday following my revelations last week that both are free to quit Brookvale.

Brett's contract expires at the end of next season and Glenn has a get-out clause because of an incredible administration bungle with his deal. I am told that even though Glenn, this year's Clive Churchill medal winner, has signed for another three years, a certain clause has not been met by the Sea Eagles.

If tested legally, there is a strong view he could walk out the door right now. Politis is aware of the situation, as are the Dragons, another club poised to make a move for the brothers because they are originally from Wollongong.

Canterbury are the other club in contention because of their respect and friendship with super coach Des Hasler. Brett has a particularly strong bond with Hasler, who nursed him through 18 months of hell.

Still, of all the clubs chasing the pair, the Roosters would have to be firm favourites. It's widely considered that what Nick Politis wants, Nick Politis normally gets.

And what I can't believe is that the Manly board has extended the contract of chief executive David Perry for three years despite the stuff-up with Stewart's contract and the other recent dramas at the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/sydney-roosters-chairman-nick-politis-chasing-manly-stars-glenn-and-brett-stewart/story-e6freye0-1226200025611

Stewarts walk out stories are monotonous. They need to make a decision now and lets start 2012 with a united squad.

Perry and Board are staying, we need to support our much maligned Club,

The 2v Era has dawned :D

DT editorial room.....

"ok boys the 4 nations is over, back to bashing manly...has anyone got a 'story'?"

So is it now fair game to encourage currently contracted players to walk away from their contract in order to join a rival team?
The silence from the NRL is deafening.

Every single time an international player is off contract this peice of **** scum of a club is gonna buy them. Does the salary cap not exist in Bondi?

"Brett's contract expires at the end of next season and Glenn has a get-out clause because of an incredible administration bungle with his deal. I am told that even though Glenn, this year's Clive Churchill medal winner, has signed for another three years, a certain clause has not been met by the Sea Eagles.

If tested legally, there is a strong view he could walk out the door right now. Politis is aware of the situation, as are the Dragons, another club poised to make a move for the brothers because they are originally from Wollongong"........Bull****, a certain clause Rothfield pulled out of a handy orifice. Whose strong view is it they could walk out the door right now? Rothfield's?? This article is a second rate fabrication by a third rate hack. Gutter journalism at it's finest.

Whats new? The Rorters are after every player they can get their grubby hands on. Lets face it their a transit lounge and that's about it. No wonder it's a cricket score everytime we play them. The place is soulless.

If we do lose a couple of players along the way I'd personally rather see them at the roosters as apposed to seeing them go to the dogs.
Maybe it's a super league thing but that's my gut instinct.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them both walk at the first opportunity.

The only one that will keep them here is Zorba

Danny Weidler today:

"And word that a 'journalist' from another Sydney paper was seen in deep conversation with canterbury CEO Odd Turdberg, at their local synagogue in Hurstville. Odd told the hack to put it out there that the Roosters are chasing the Stewart brothers, because George Mimis, who also manages Des Hasler, thinks it will be a great tactic to further push up his clients' asking price and ultimately rob Manly of their services."

In reality, you'd have to think that Peter Peters has been using his sausage fingers to text this latest 'scoop' to his mate Phil. Or more likely a simple phone call.

Let's just assume that every club is after them, they'd be mad not to be.

If they want to exercise these alleged clauses then there is very little we can do about it. Hopefully they will stay, it'd be gut wrenching to lose either of them, but heart breaking if both go.

So we have an allegation that 3 clubs are out there trying to induce contracted players to break their contract. I wonder if it was Manly trying to induce a player under these circumstances the Daily Telesewer would be screaming headlines demanding Gallop do something against us wouldn't they. Isn't it against the NRL rules to induce players to break existing contracts. Ohh amazing how now Des has left Manly he is now classed as a Super Coach.What another piece of trash from that gutter rag.

mickqld said:
So we have an allegation that 3 clubs are out there trying to induce contracted players to break their contract. I wonder if it was Manly trying to induce a player under these circumstances the Daily Telesewer would be screaming headlines demanding Gallop do something against us wouldn't they. Isn't it against the NRL rules to induce players to break existing contracts. Ohh amazing how now Des has left Manly he is now classed as a Super Coach.What another piece of trash from that gutter rag.

If these guys want to go, let them go, I'm sick of all of this, Manly has treated both brothers well and it's about time they show some loyalty to who has paid them over the last ten years, and it wasn't Ha$ler.

Loyalty is virtually non existant in the NRL and has been for years. I dont blame the Stewarts for wanting the biggest contracts they can get that is their right and good luck to them if they can get it. What I object to is these stories of clubs inducing players to break existing contracts and the NRL sitting on their hands doing nothing about it or indeed the Manly club not saying why is this being allowed to happen. Aren't there rules against this sort of practice. Dont players need to be given permission to talk to other clubs by there current club if they want out of contract early????

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2