Ripped off by Cummins again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Going through the play by play list on the NRL's website, this is how the penalties, 6 again and sin-bin count went down on Friday night.....

4th minute - Penalty Manly. Holding down (Hayze Perham)
6th minute - 6 again Parramatta (ruck infringement - Morgan Harper)
12th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Offside (Toafofoa Sipley)
17th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Flop (Jake Trbojevic)
25th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Slow peel (Dylan Walker)
26th minute 6 again Parramatta (ruck infringement - Jake Trbojevic)
38th minute - Penalty Manly. Professional foul (Mitchell Moses)
39th minute - Mitchell Moses sin-binned
59th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Offside (Sean Keppie)
62nd minute - Penalty Parramatta. Dangerous tackle (Haumole Olakau'atu)
63rd minute - Haumole Olakau'atu on report
68th minute - Penalty Parramatta - 2nd effort (Morgan Harper)
73rd minute - Penalty Parramatta - Pressure on kicker (Morgan Harper)
73rd minute - Penalty Parramatta - Dangerous tackle (Sean Keppie)
73th minute - Sean Keppie on report and sin-binned
74th minute - Penalty Parramatta - Dangerous tackle (Christian Tuipulotu)
75th minute - Christian Tuipulotu on report

At half time the penalty count was Manly 2, Parramatta 3.
The 6 again count was Manly 0, Parramatta 2.

The second half penalty count was Manly 0, Parramatta 6.
There were no 6 again's given away in the second half by either team. Cummins saw fit to just blow a penalty against Manly each time.

Last edited:
Against only 12 players after the Moses sin-bin, I'd have gone for the try as well. You'd find most NRL teams would go for the try in that situation.

You are probably right but I like the Wyne Bennett approach of always taking the 2 in what was looking like being a close game.

Afterall we rustled up a score of zero the week before vs Broncos.

You are probably right but I like the Wyne Bennett approach of always taking the 2 in what was looking like being a close game.

Afterall we rustled up a score of zero the week before vs Broncos.

There is always an argument for and against. And hindsight is a perfect thing isn't it.

At the time I thought it was the right decision to push for a try. I still think it was the right one. Not taking the penalty did not lose that game for Manly.

Going through the play by play list on the NRL's website, this is how the penalties, 6 again and sin-bin count went down on Friday night.....

4th minute - Penalty Manly. Holding down (Hayze Perham)
6th minute - 6 again Parramatta (ruck infringement - Morgan Harper)
12th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Offside (Toafofoa Sipley)
17th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Flop (Jake Trbojevic)
25th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Slow peel (Dylan Walker)
26th minute 6 again Parramatta (ruck infringement - Jake Trbojevic)
38th minute - Penalty Manly. Professional foul (Mitchell Moses)
39th minute - Mitchell Moses sin-binned
59th minute - Penalty Parramatta. Offside (Sean Keppie)
62nd minute - Penalty Parramatta. Dangerous tackle (Haumole Olakau'atu)
63rd minute - Haumole Olakau'atu on report
68th minute - Penalty Parramatta - 2nd effort (Morgan Harper)
73rd minute - Penalty Parramatta - Pressure on kicker (Morgan Harper)
73rd minute - Penalty Parramatta - Dangerous tackle (Sean Keppie)
73th minute - Sean Keppie on report and sin-binned
74th minute - Penalty Parramatta - Dangerous tackle (Christian Tuipulotu)
75th minute - Christian Tuipulotu on report

At half time the penalty count was Manly 2, Parramatta 3.
The 6 again count was Manly 0, Parramatta 2.

The second half penalty count was Manly 0, Parramatta 6.
There were no 6 again's given away in the second half by either team. Cummins saw fit to just blow a penalty against Manly each time.
Parra scored after the 17min "flop" penalty on Jake. Alioai dropped the Parra player with a copy book tackle and Jake did what any player should, stop the quick play the ball.
This is a problem in the game, two players can hold a player up, ref calls held and a third comes in to slow it further - 90% of the time is no penalty, yet a great tackle is not given the same time.

They scored again after the 59 min Keppie offside penalty, we were well on top and it got them another easy out from their end.

The 68 min penalty for a 2nd effort - was the player held? I think only Cummins thought he was. Another easy out from their end.

They again scored off the back of the Tuipolotu penalty.

That's 18 points of the back of three penalties, two of them "arbritrary" yet he couldn't see Pauli's forward pass or them offside just once.?

They got 4 penalties in the last 12 minutes.

Both penalties we got were missed by Cummins and called by the bunker.
The only one he gave us was overturned on a challenge.

Generally it's the team that is getting dominated that gets penalised not the team on top.

Last edited:
There is always an argument for and against. And hindsight is a perfect thing isn't it.

At the time I thought it was the right decision to push for a try. I still think it was the right one. Not taking the penalty did not lose that game for Manly.
Agree there's an argument both ways but I hoped they'd go for goal.
It was a straight kick in front and we've got Garrick, a guaranteed 2 points.
With only a minute to play the try was not the percentage play.

Exactly. The Monday morning "apology" from Annesley about referees getting it wrong over the weekend mean absolutely nothing because it doesn't change the results, even if a referee howler directly affects the results.

I'm kinda predicting that even if annesley talks about it he will:

1 - say the high tackle was indeed high and repeat that the mrc deemed no punishment as it wasn't intentional, and
2 - Keppie did lift above the horizontal so he's happy with the sin binning and will then waffle on about player safety.

Any bad mistakes, if admitted, will be accepted under the 'refs are human' mantra
Any close calls will be 'well, it depends on who you support really, whether you think they were close or not.'

what I don't expect is one of his mea culpa's and admitting that cummings had a shocker. I expect him to be happy with the officiating.

I mean he's a dill, and will be wrong, but that's my prediction.

1 - say the high tackle was indeed high and repeat that the mrc deemed no punishment as it wasn't intentional, and
2 - Keppie did lift above the horizontal so he's happy with the sin binning and will then waffle on about player safety.

Any bad mistakes, if admitted, will be accepted under the 'refs are human' mantra
Any close calls will be 'well, it depends on who you support really, whether you think they were close or not.'

what I don't expect is one of his mea culpa's and admitting that cummings had a shocker. I expect him to be happy with the officiating.

Sounds like you’ve heard these sessions once or twice before GE…

I hope the club has issued a 'please explain' to the NRL, listing all the mistakes and pointing out that Cummins has history against Manly. Then I'd send a representative to today's Annesley apology and post specific questions to him about such one-sided officiating. A suitable question would be: "Is it conceivable that there is something more sinister behind so many mistakes being made in matches where Cummins referees Manly?"
Annesley should also be made aware that Cummins had a similarly lopsided penalty count when Manly played Newcastle last year. Co-incidence?

The Keppie sin binning does irk me. If they call it a sin bin every week then fine. But if Nathan Cleary does it next week its probably only a penalty and on report.

The Keppie sin binning does irk me. If they call it a sin bin every week then fine. But if Nathan Cleary does it next week its probably only a penalty and on report.
Judgment call by ref or bunker, meaning you might get sent off, or 10 in the bin, or only a penalty.
Wighton was not binned for this one!! Even though Walsh lay prone on the ground for several seconds, compared with Keppie's victim who to his credit sprung straight to his feet. Wighton later charged and suspended for 2 weeks.
1653275738704.png

Judgment call by ref or bunker, meaning you might get sent off, or 10 in the bin, or only a penalty.
Wighton was not binned for this one!! Even though Walsh lay prone on the ground for several seconds, compared with Keppie's victim who to his credit sprung straight to his feet. Wighton later charged and suspended for 2 weeks.
View attachment 21154
There we go. Thanks for posting this

Annesley said that RL had to have The Bunker because: "it's the world we live in". Then he blatantly lied, and was not challenged, by saying all modern sports use such technology.
Oh yeah: Show me where in AFL, soccer, basketball and American football Big Brother interferes so repeatedly, and randomly, as does our Bunker.

I thought we should have taken the 2. It was right in front and not enough time to get through a full set anyway. In saying that if dce goes out the back to Tom Koula or Tui score untouched.

I thought we should have taken the 2. It was right in front and not enough time to get through a full set anyway. In saying that if dce goes out the back to Tom Koula or Tui score untouched.

That was all that stopped us getting a try, the fact that DCE went short to Haumole (who probably wasn't expecting it, hence the drop) when he should have done a cut out pass because as you said, Koula or Tippy Toes would have scored virtually untouched.

I still think it was the right decision not to go for goal in that situation. We just stuffed up the potential scoring play. You'd hope that someone of Cherry's caliber and experience wouldn't stuff up the play, but occasionally it happens. Even the best get it wrong sometimes.

View attachment 21154
That's when the commentary team in their wisdom said something along the lines of, "The dangerous tackle has been cleared of not being a dangerous tackle."

I will make a call here..... I don't think we will make the eight this year.
When you cant get a fair go with the refs & your cruelled constantly with injuries

I'll wave my flag but this season is gone.

Kinda fed up with the NRL to be honest - going to cancel my Kayo & only watch free to air..
This crap isn't worth paying for.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7