Ripped off by Cummins again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just a crazy thought but why the hell didnt they take the 2 points before half time?

Instead DCE threw a rocket pass to no one.

Is was just as bad as any decision Cumstain made.
Watched the Kayo mini and if dce goes out the back to turbo we had a 3 on 1 and score. Tom was filthy. I thought when it happened we should have taken the 2

Watched the Kayo mini and if dce goes out the back to turbo we had a 3 on 1 and score. Tom was filthy. I thought when it happened we should have taken the 2

Yep, but taking the two was stupid but DCE murdering that overlap was even worse. He really does not take the right option terribly much. If he wasn’t such a great field goal kicker, he would be the least clutch halfback ever.

I was up at Newcastle for our game against the Knights last year and he completely rode them to victory that day. Somehow tonight he has managed to rip us off even harder. Seriously concerning that this bloke has been reffing for over 15 years now and has just gotten worse and worse over the years, yet is still seen as one of the top refs in a very very bad bunch of them
"There ought to be an investigation!"

Please, Cummins was nowhere NEAR the reason we lost. I love Marty (he's one of my favourites) but his spill of the ball, then subsequent try against, and Keppies early penalty, and subsequent try against, plus our diabolical defense has lead us to our 4th loss in 5 games.

If it weren't for Turbos VERY unfortunate injury and everyone (in my opinion Ill directed blame at Cummins / The Bunker), Des Haslers coaching would well and truly be under the spotlight with our 4th loss in 5 games (and inability to beat one top 8 team this season, or top 4 team in the 2.5 years prior).

That said, the season is on ice. We are done. Time to blood Weekes, Tuitavake, GCT, Humphreys and others. There is 0 value fielding the same old plods now this season.

We really need Schuster getting fit. He is so unfit, it's affected his ability to even run.

Lastly, our recruitment / retention needs an overhaul. Top to bottom. Lean, big, mobile and fast is the order of the day. This passive hold and slide defense is out of date - hence the 25-35 points against most weeks.

How can the NRL be so blind look at the record referee Ben Cummins has with Manly games he is biased beyond belief and always has a significant impact on our games with his decisions. I dread every game he is in charge of he is a disgrace he needs to be relieved of his duties immediately.
He always referees in favour of the bookies.

Please, Cummins was nowhere NEAR the reason we lost. I love Marty (he's one of my favourites) but his spill of the ball, then subsequent try against, and Keppies early penalty, and subsequent try against, plus our diabolical defense has lead us to our 4th loss in 5 games.

If it weren't for Turbos VERY unfortunate injury and everyone (in my opinion Ill directed blame at Cummins / The Bunker), Des Haslers coaching would well and truly be under the spotlight with our 4th loss in 5 games (and inability to beat one top 8 team this season, or top 4 team in the 2.5 years prior).

That said, the season is on ice. We are done. Time to blood Weekes, Tuitavake, GCT, Humphreys and others. There is 0 value fielding the same old plods now this season.

We really need Schuster getting fit. He is so unfit, it's affected his ability to even run.

Lastly, our recruitment / retention needs an overhaul. Top to bottom. Lean, big, mobile and fast is the order of the day. This passive hold and slide defense is out of date - hence the 25-35 points against most weeks.
Agree with the majority of your post, but you lost me with the "Cummins was nowhere near the reason we lost" are you serious, or just want to get a rise out of the people on here. ok..what did you think of the Tui penalty for the high shot, but in reality it was a low down try saving tackle. That's where we lost the game. Got put on report then dismissed by the review panel...mmm.

Couldn't disagree more. Yes we made mistakes, but I thought our defence was actually pretty stoic for a change. They had a lot of ball on our line for the final 10 mins and they only managed to score in the last minute or two. And even then we only had 12 players on the field. So I can't agree our defensive effort wasn't up to scratch or 'diabolical'.

Agree with the majority of your post, but you lost me with the "Cummins was nowhere near the reason we lost" are you serious, or just want to get a rise out of the people on here. ok..what did you think of the Tui penalty for the high shot, but in reality it was a low down try saving tackle. That's where we lost the game. Got put on report then dismissed by the review panel...mmm.

I didn't think it was a penalty.

But why were we down there in our own try line at that time of the game ? Ill discipline, and allowing the Eels to get in a roll with passive hold defense.

We can cherry pick certain instances in the game all we like. End of the day, we lost, and we should have been MUCH better.

Tuipulotu got ran around twice because of the hold / compress / slide defense. Tuipulotu is a decent defender. It's the structures / system.

Blaming any or all of our losses on a referee is desperate to me. As Des and DCE said after the game (and I agree), we need to be better.

Couldn't disagree more. Yes we made mistakes, but I thought our defence was actually pretty stoic for a change. They had a lot of ball on our line for the final 10 mins and they only managed to score in the last minute or two. And even then we only had 12 players on the field. So I can't agree our defensive effort wasn't up to scratch or 'diabolical'.

Did you see them score 3 tries out wide (when we were full strength) because the marking was off given the compress / slide defensive structures?

And it's happening every week. But our structures aren't changing.

That defense inspires centres / wingers to rush up, creating holes and space.

You see that, right ? It's the same thing every week.

I bloody well hope so. Who was that tosser who kept asking about Tom. Fair enough the first time. Asked and answered by Des. But he just kept coming back to Tom, when it was evident there was much more to talk about….like the complete rorting of a game.

I noticed that too with the presser. Most of the journos didn't care less about the match, it was all about Tom and the blow to NSW.....even the match reports were about 85% on Tom's injury and the rest on the game, with very little to say about the performance of Cummins.

Just a crazy thought but why the hell didnt they take the 2 points before half time?

Instead DCE threw a rocket pass to no one.

Is was just as bad as any decision Cumstain made.

Against only 12 players after the Moses sin-bin, I'd have gone for the try as well. You'd find most NRL teams would go for the try in that situation.

2021, Round 12
Newcastle vs Manly
McDonald Jones Stadium
Referee: Ben Cummins
Penalties - Newcastle 9, Manly 1

2022, Round 11
Parramatta vs Manly
CommBank Stadium
Penalties - Parramatta 9, Manly 2

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
What really sucks about all of this is that everyone can see the blatant cheating from Cummins, all my mates who follow other teams can even see it, and we should have won that match. But we’ll never get it back
That really ****in sucks!!

Exactly. The Monday morning "apology" from Annesley about referees getting it wrong over the weekend mean absolutely nothing because it doesn't change the results, even if a referee howler directly affects the results.

2021, Round 12
Newcastle vs Manly
McDonald Jones Stadium
Penalties - Newcastle 9, Manly 1

2022, Round 11
Parramatta vs Manly
CommBank Stadium
Penalties - Parramatta 9, Manly 2

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm

And we got that penalty v Newcastle in the dying minutes, from memory.

Cummins is absolutely the worst....and it's a very hot field.

Mr Penn has many Manly Bills to pay .

All Manly people are in this together feathered friend . We all have to pitch in

I say we start a fund raiser here on the Silvertails forum and fund Dessies outbursts
DESpicable has more than enough money to fund his own outbursts.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6