Rickys presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good on Ricky for calling the BS out. He is just upset that they lost and emotionally he couldn’t hide it. Better than the robotic pressers we normally get.

He said “Todd” in the presser, he will be assasinated for outing the all mighty

Did anyone else hear Sutton after the try asking the bunker how his stats were?
Yeah, wtf was that about? Now, I am sure that there is some perfectly logical, sound innocent reason for it because Gerard is the best referee in the comp according to his brother (his brother Bernie happened to give his other brother Chris a prime time appointment at Suncorp last night), but it sounded dodgey as.

You know the refereeing was bad when even Buzz is getting stuck into Todd on Twitter about it. Must have had a window of sobriety.

Never in the history of the game has a referee not blown his whistle after a touch judge raises his flag. The touch judge is the boss of the sideline and his flag going up is the ruling being made. End of play.
Even though he accidentally raised his flag in the heat of the moment instead calling out knock on, the raiders players are entitled to shut up shop once they see that flag raised. They're entitled to believe the player has stepped into touch and the play is dead, with a short blow of the whistle due some time in the next 5 or 10 seconds to signal a scrum is on the way.
The ref should have called and end to play when the flag went up. The touchie would have said oops, i saw a knock on but accidentally raised my flag. Ref says ok no probs, scrum for the knock on.

Just heard more of Ricky’s presser.
Apart from the flag going up the players said there was even a call of knock on from one of the officials, the ref put his whistle to his mouth so the players are attuned to expect the whistle to be blown.
It wasn’t just one player that stopped, ALL players in the vicinity stopped, even the guy with the ball had pretty much given up on it.

TBH I don’t think Ramien touched the ball ( or the ball touch him) but I can’t see how there was conclusive evidence he didn’t to overrule the NoTry call.
The bunker had the perfect opportunity to prevent this fallout by upholding the No Try call but as usual they came up with a pineapple.

Ricky was very measured and spot on with what he said, so too Hodgson.

Love or hate Ricky Stuart, he is a guy who tells it like it is!! There is irrefutable proof that the officiating in our game is broken and confused. The millions invested in the bunker have only confused the process for referees further. Referees no longer call what they see, they are guided by KPIs and cheat sheets on players and base their decisions on that. The ruck is a mess, the play the ball that was earlier this season a feast of penalties is down to a trickle. The NRL are guilty of policy on the run and keep tinkering with the rules.

Referees will never improve while there is no accountability or responsibility and the coaches that are muted from speaking out due to God Greenturds fines are over it. We all are!! The same teams seem to benefit from these mistakes. What Manly, Gold Coast and Canberra last night have endured is bloody unfair!!! Canberra's season is pretty much done after that farce!!

It's the boy who cried wolf mate. You are probably right and they may have got rorted tonight, but what team hasn't at some stage. Canberra under Sticky have a loooooong record of not being able to win close games. If you don't want the refs to effect your chances of winning games then don't let games come down to 6 point contests. If you are leading by 20 with 5 to go then you can cop a bad knock on / strip / forward pass / obstruction call - just like every other team gets. Ricky must be the unluckiest coach in the history of the NRL, his players are constantly busting their a$$es and executing his game plans, making him proud, they just keep getting ripped off by poor refereeing in close games. No wonder they're hurting, hurting real bad.

I assume they can start booking Mad Monday venues now ??
Good point . The Raiders this year have had issues closing the close games and If Ricky focused and worked on getting those issues resolved rather than focus on blaming the refs every time his team lost , his team would have won more games and would still be in the hunt for the finals .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-...ated-differently-by-nrl-ricky-stuart/10021090

But fewer than 24 hours later the former Roosters, Eels, Sharks, Blues and Kangaroos coach revealed his theory that the Raiders were not treated the same as other teams across the NRL.

"I've been at a number of other clubs [and] this club gets treated differently to other clubs I've been involved in," he told ABC Grandstand.

"I know other clubs who have got a higher profile and who they need in their competition … I believe we get treated differently at times."

Stuart revealed on ABC Grandstand that referees' boss Bernard Sutton tried to speak to him before he addressed the media, but did not try again afterwards.

The NRL has already said the touch judge should not have raised his flag and announced a review into the bunker's decision, but Stuart wants more of an explanation.

"Can the NRL explain to me why it has happened?" he said.

So.... I wonder what happens now?

The misplaced belief that technology would produce 100% correct decisions is behind the stuff-up the game is in now. It has been coming ever since a person/s off the field has been given decision-making powers. There is no longer a flow in the sport; it's stop-start. It's refereeing by micro-management not what our eyes tell it in real time. If a player looks like he scored a try what's wrong with awarding it? When you slow action down to a TV stop frame it skews reality. The player's hand may have come loose from the football for a nano-second but so what? To the naked eye it looked like a try and that's how the game should be reffed.
Video has ruined the on-field refs confidence in making a decision. That. in turn, has detracted from the joy of cheering a try knowing that it will first have to go through two minutes of CSI.
Video has stuff up the obstruction rule. It used to be easy to spot if a defender was impeded; now players who have no hope of stopping a try are milking contact. And, in the black-and-white world of video it means an obstruction occurred. No try!. What about forward passes? If technology is so perfect why can't the vidiot rule on them?
The answer is simple: Because RL is about imperfection.
Why can't we go back to one on-field ref and a couple of touchies who have a 'feel' for the game; who allow play to flow and not nit-pick, who rule on their first instincts and not have to second-guess themselves?
It would be a far more exciting sport if it got back to its roots. Sure there would be controversy, but nothing like there is today. When you expect 100% accuracy and don't get it; that when animosity happens. It is where RL is now at.
And think of the many millions of dollars the NRL would save by getting back to its roots.
Let the TV networks over-analyse incidents, but while they are doing that they will miss the on-field action as the play has continued, just like it used to do.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-...ated-differently-by-nrl-ricky-stuart/10021090

But fewer than 24 hours later the former Roosters, Eels, Sharks, Blues and Kangaroos coach revealed his theory that the Raiders were not treated the same as other teams across the NRL.

"I've been at a number of other clubs [and] this club gets treated differently to other clubs I've been involved in," he told ABC Grandstand.

"I know other clubs who have got a higher profile and who they need in their competition … I believe we get treated differently at times."

Stuart revealed on ABC Grandstand that referees' boss Bernard Sutton tried to speak to him before he addressed the media, but did not try again afterwards.

The NRL has already said the touch judge should not have raised his flag and announced a review into the bunker's decision, but Stuart wants more of an explanation.

"Can the NRL explain to me why it has happened?" he said.

So.... I wonder what happens now?

Well it's just as well Sticky never coached Manly because he'd be on the front page every week with the way we get officiated and treated.
Ask Greenturd what profile Manly has and whether we are needed in the competition?

listened to bernie sutton earlier & he didn't just throw him under the bus, he reversed the bus back over him to make sure he got him!
So Sutton is so blinded by Todd's shiny skull that he can't see that as soon as the flag went up the play should've stopped and a scrum put down. It doesnt matter if the touchie fuked up or not. As soon as a flag is raised play is stopped. Unfathomable incompetence from all official's involved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8