Rickys presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's the boy who cried wolf mate. You are probably right and they may have got rorted tonight, but what team hasn't at some stage. Canberra under Sticky have a loooooong record of not being able to win close games. If you don't want the refs to effect your chances of winning games then don't let games come down to 6 point contests. If you are leading by 20 with 5 to go then you can cop a bad knock on / strip / forward pass / obstruction call - just like every other team gets. Ricky must be the unluckiest coach in the history of the NRL, his players are constantly busting their a$$es and executing his game plans, making him proud, they just keep getting ripped off by poor refereeing in close games. No wonder they're hurting, hurting real bad.

I assume they can start booking Mad Monday venues now ??
gotta agree here... my mates a die hard raiders fan and in his opinion they havnt lost a game fairly since 07... Every single week there's an excuse or ref blaming.. Ricky whinges after absolutely every loss the raiders have.. Now this particular match it may be very warranted, but when it's ur 15th whinge this season it's hard to be too sympathetic

It's probably the 100th post I've made over the past decade on the same subject but:
has the video ref improved the sport?
has the multi-millions of dollars on technology improved the accuracy of adjudication?
Surely by now every RL fan can see how video referring has turned a once fluid, fast-paced, action-packed spectacle into a jumble of controversy.
Surely 10 years of failure is enough to revert to how the sport was intended to be officiated.

Did anyone else realise apart from the knock on, flag up, players stop - that Holmes pass was also 3 metres forward regardless?
Then soon after Canberra score a fair try ruled a forward pass ??
Besides that there were numerous poor calls all in favour of Cronulla.
Not a Stuart fan, but on this occasion had every right to blow up deluxe....

Raiders should have refused to play on and demanded a scrum be set. How can a try possibly be awarded after the touch judge put his flag up and all the players stopped. It's a complete farce.
Never in the history of the game has a referee not blown his whistle after a touch judge raises his flag. The touch judge is the boss of the sideline and his flag going up is the ruling being made. End of play.
Even though he accidentally raised his flag in the heat of the moment instead calling out knock on, the raiders players are entitled to shut up shop once they see that flag raised. They're entitled to believe the player has stepped into touch and the play is dead, with a short blow of the whistle due some time in the next 5 or 10 seconds to signal a scrum is on the way.
The ref should have called and end to play when the flag went up. The touchie would have said oops, i saw a knock on but accidentally raised my flag. Ref says ok no probs, scrum for the knock on.

It's the boy who cried wolf mate. You are probably right and they may have got rorted tonight, but what team hasn't at some stage. Canberra under Sticky have a loooooong record of not being able to win close games. If you don't want the refs to effect your chances of winning games then don't let games come down to 6 point contests. If you are leading by 20 with 5 to go then you can cop a bad knock on / strip / forward pass / obstruction call - just like every other team gets. Ricky must be the unluckiest coach in the history of the NRL, his players are constantly busting their a$$es and executing his game plans, making him proud, they just keep getting ripped off by poor refereeing in close games. No wonder they're hurting, hurting real bad.

I assume they can start booking Mad Monday venues now ??
watch the game m8

Change the name and face and it will be Barrett saying the same thing after Sunday's game when we lose

Time to stop blaming the refs and play better You are taught in under 6 to play to the refs whistle

Why was Hodgson looking at the tough judge and ref when he should only had eyes on sharks players More excuses blah blah blah wicky

Change the name and face and it will be Barrett saying the same thing after Sunday's game when we lose

Time to stop blaming the refs and play better You are taught in under 6 to play to the refs whistle

Why was Hodgson looking at the tough judge and ref when he should only had eyes on sharks players More excuses blah blah blah wicky
If that shiit tonight happened to us I'd put up the 10k so TB could do a Ricky.
Both Hodgson and Ricky made it clear they weren't blaming the ref/touchie souly for the loss. As Ricky said the rot started in round 1 with the directive the refs had been given by the puppet master.

Will be interesting to see if the NRL fine the Raiders for Ricky and Hodgson's comments in the press conference. Even though they were right, going by past comments about the officials, he should be fined.

gotta agree here... my mates a die hard raiders fan and in his opinion they havnt lost a game fairly since 07... Every single week there's an excuse or ref blaming.. Ricky whinges after absolutely every loss the raiders have.. Now this particular match it may be very warranted, but when it's ur 15th whinge this season it's hard to be too sympathetic
The saddest part of all this, is that right now, we need more of the whinging and protest articles coming from coaches and other people in the game if we hope to see the current administration tossed to the curb. I am filled with hope every single time someone stands up and publicly highlights the ineptitude of the people running the game. Ricky is spot on to point out the fact that this season has been ruined by what transpired over the first fourteen rounds. He’s absolutely correct in stating how ridiculous it is to chop and change the rules on a weekly basis with moronic “crackdowns”. And I applaud him for pointing out that the NRL is the only professional sporting organisation anywhere in the world where the CEO has performed a back flip on the rules halfway through a season. Again, it’s about time someone stated the obvious about out how easy it is to find an indiscretion in just about every tackle. Hopefully the ice underneath Greenbergs feet has started to crack... it’s LONG overdue.

Amazingly unprofessional that whole situation about the touch judge 'flag goes up...flag goes down'.

Additionally the bunker ruling a player hadn't touched the ball using the view where his whole right arm was obscured is basically the bunker saying "hey, we're cheating and we can't even be bothered hiding the fact anymore".

Now what would happen in a professionally run sport? Well lemme give you one example.

If in (ice) hockey that rubbish occurred it would be be ruled no goal. The video ref (if it ever got to that) would simply rule that the flag went up so play should have stopped. That's it. Finished.

If by some miracle play went on, the vid ref would also have ruled that when the ref put the whistle to his mouth, his intention was to blow the whistle so...no goal. done, finished, no complaints.

The absolutely staggering level of amateurish officiating and lack of quality administration in this game is astounding.

It's rare in life to see pure incompetence but this game is riddled with it. Pure, pure incompetence.

I have reduced my NRL viewing each week to only the Manly game, can't watch any more than that. It's too frustrating and not enjoyable to watch.

Canberra were robbed and in the second game Brisbane should have scored 60 given the leg up they were given by the refs.

You can't even gamble responsibly with these clusterfuks running the game. The obstruction rule should also apply to the monkeys holding flags and whistles.

Make no mistake- Stuart does whinge and make excuse most games so boy who cried wolf is accurate.
Forget Stuart- forget Canberra.....this was 1 of the worst officiating in the history of the game.
That touch judge with the bipolar flag was beyond a joke and 1 team got that many leg ups it got annoying as a spectacle.

So what is it Greenc*nt ? Corruption or incompetence. Surely a billion $$ organisation can't be this incompetent.

I agree @maxta that it was one of the worst officiated games ever but we all know that G Sutton will come out squeaky clean and maintain his position as the alleged Number 1 ref in the game.

As to Ricky’s point about the change in interpretation, let’s be clear, it has favoured teams like the Storm who were brought back to the pack when they couldn’t get away with their wrestling tactics like they once could. Todd saying that the refs are not to nit-pick any more because the players have been good boys and will continue their good behaviour was so laughable and consistent with the abomination that is the NRL these days.

Another game ruined by crap refereeing, another team's season ended by unaccountable officials, Sutton the referee again immune to any disciplinary action over yet another howler of a game!! This guy refereed origin and allowed Peachey to score that abomination on our semi-final debacle last year, This is league under Greenturds watch, no accountability, no credibility, totally in denial with a big middle finger to all coaches, players, fans and members from most clubs who are sick and tired of the crap officiating!!!

Did anyone else hear Sutton after the try asking the bunker how his stats were? I am pulling the plug on Foxtel after this game, I used to watch nearly every game over the weekend but now only watch the Sea Eagles and the odd game. I am throwing good money away with the subscription as I cannot watch the game being destroyed like it is.

My easy fix is, refs need to be a truly independent body, the NRL shouldn't be able to instruct them on anything, go back to 1 ref, get rid of KPI's and FFS p1ss off the bunker.

Ryan it wasn't cement shoes, Bozo sprayed Harrigan big time which he concluded his spray with "I hope you get hit by a cement truck"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8