[Resurrected] REUBEN GARRICK - to be the top point scorer.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garrick needs to learn to kick first..
Its amazing, he can hit em from in front, he can nail them from the sideline, but the space in between, about 15-20m to the left or right of the posts and he has absolutely no hope.. misses them almost every time...
If he wants to kick, he NEEDS to be able to hit from that spot as ide say 80% of our tries are scored in that area and they really SHOULD be sitters for anyone half decent

Seems to be a thing with Manly goal kickers. The 'Bermuda Triangle around that 15-20m mark has caused troubles for DCE and Matty Orford, even Killer too at certain times!

I've read the article and personally had not thought of this as even a slight possibility....in fact I was not seeing Garrick as a certainty to claim a wing spot.
Having time to put it in perspective, Garrick did definately drop in form in 2020, but lets be fair, the inside service could have made Addo Carr look average....due to poor options, lack of momentum through the middle and the MAIN factor - missing star players like Tom T, Walker, Suli, Schuster will always take away space for a winger.
Thing is, IF Injury free, WHOEVER the Manly wingers are in 2021 i expect both edges to DOUBLE in tries so if -
1) Garrick is IN the side
2) Stay injury free
3) He hits his average over 80 - 85%
There's EVERY chance this could be a chance ....but these other factors need to play out to make it possible, Below is the article from Fox.

If the Sea Eagles are to make the top four in 2021 as predicted then Reuben Garrick should get plenty of opportunities to kick some goals.

The Manly winger scored 16 tries and 194 points in his first season of first grade in 2019, but like his team had a let-down of a year in 2020 to finish with just four tries and 98 points.

However with Tom Trbojevic back from injury setting Garrick up for tries and Kieran Foran conducting play in the halves with Daly Cherry-Evans there is no limit to this side’s attack.

Provided they can fill the dummyhalf role then Dylan Walker and Moses Suli should form a devastating centre pairing that is sure to set up heaps of tries for Garrick to score and convert.
Tell im e’s dreamin’

just sayin’

Unless I'm mistaken, Reubs was never a first choice kicker in the lower grades at St Merge, but got thrust into it at Manly because Cherry is a bit of a reluctant kicker these days. Like Killer was, Cherry will kick if there is no one else, but if there is someone better he'll gladly hand them the job. So to expect him to be a consistent 80-85% goal kicker year in, year out is maybe asking too much, at this stage.

As far as Manly's goal kicking is concerned, other than that one year we had Ben Walker (2003, he was also a Northern Eagle in 2001), and occasionally with Ox and Killer, we have really struggled to find a consistent top line kicker since Matthew Ridge. But right now in first grade, Reuben Garrick is the best we have.

As for his try scoring? I'll stand by what I have said in the past. Outside of Turbo he's arguably the fastest player in our squad (depending of course how fast both Saab and Tuipulotu prove to be). And we used that speed very well in 2019 when he scored 16 tries. Sure he is no Addo-Carr for speed, but then who is in the NRL (and don't say Sami. He only ran down JAC because the Fox ran out of puff, not because he's faster). But this year Reubs was largely starved of opportunities out on the wing. It was only on rare occasions did the ball ever get out further than Siro or Suli, but when it did, Reubs was very effective in open space. We just hardly saw it happen this year.

Seems to be a thing with Manly goal kickers. The 'Bermuda Triangle around that 15-20m mark has caused troubles for DCE and Matty Orford, even Killer too at certain times!
Its amazing really..
You just know watching our games if we score in that area you may aswell take a drinks/toilet break as he will just miss the kick anyway..

I think cherry showed in origin he is better
He should man up and take the responsibility. People used to say he has too much on his plate or some BS... theres a lot of skipper goal kickers out there i.e. Cameron Smith, Jamie Lyon,

Last edited:
I saw this so called predictor and its extreme in optimism to be honest.

This article suggested things like the Dogs to make the 8 and the Titans to miss out, I believe the Dogs will improve and that Barrett will improve them, its whether their boardroom can keep the peace there. The top 4 I believe will be familiar, Vermin, Rorters , Drizzle, Penrith and Canberra will most likely fight that out and I think we are in a bunch of about 6 teams to make up the lower half of the 8, including the Whinging worms, Drugcastle, Warrions, St Merge and ourselves.

Hard to say as its so far out. If we have a good year with injuries especially our spine, top 8 is achievable, If we get injuries like that again, bottom 4 is more likely.

Garrick from training photos knows he in for a fight for his spot. Just not sure he was very very poor last year, Saab is such a exciting target in the air it's going to hard to not pick him. On goalkicking Dce needs to take the reigns there he a better kicker

Funa was a kicker in the lower grades (I think).

edit: doh @King posted that Funa did just b4 meeeeee

Last edited:
I don’t see Jorge and Garrick on the wings in first grade next season.

I’ve often wonder if Jorge has the strength and ability to become a back rower. I would just worry about him rushing out of the line in defense.

I do get the feeling Jorge is a player that improve on his weakness. For example he was **** under the high ball. I think he’s barely dropped on in the last two seasons. Will be interesting but I’m sure Des has a plan.

I don’t see Jorge and Garrick on the wings in first grade next season.

I’ve often wonder if Jorge has the strength and ability to become a back rower. I would just worry about him rushing out of the line in defense.

I do get the feeling Jorge is a player that improve on his weakness. For example he was **** under the high ball. I think he’s barely dropped on in the last two seasons. Will be interesting but I’m sure Des has a plan.
Yeah his got power to be good as edge backrower and can hit in defence

I think cherry showed in origin he is better
He should man up and take the responsibility. People used to say he has too much on his plate or some bullyarn... theres a lot of skipper goal kickers out there i.e. Cameron Smith, Jamie Lyon,

Agree. I think if DCE was full-time goal kicker it will actually allow him to focus better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4