[Resurrected] REUBEN GARRICK - to be the top point scorer.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I've read the article and personally had not thought of this as even a slight possibility....in fact I was not seeing Garrick as a certainty to claim a wing spot.
Having time to put it in perspective, Garrick did definately drop in form in 2020, but lets be fair, the inside service could have made Addo Carr look average....due to poor options, lack of momentum through the middle and the MAIN factor - missing star players like Tom T, Walker, Suli, Schuster will always take away space for a winger.
Thing is, IF Injury free, WHOEVER the Manly wingers are in 2021 i expect both edges to DOUBLE in tries so if -
1) Garrick is IN the side
2) Stay injury free
3) He hits his average over 80 - 85%
There's EVERY chance this could be a chance ....but these other factors need to play out to make it possible, Below is the article from Fox.

If the Sea Eagles are to make the top four in 2021 as predicted then Reuben Garrick should get plenty of opportunities to kick some goals.

The Manly winger scored 16 tries and 194 points in his first season of first grade in 2019, but like his team had a let-down of a year in 2020 to finish with just four tries and 98 points.

However with Tom Trbojevic back from injury setting Garrick up for tries and Kieran Foran conducting play in the halves with Daly Cherry-Evans there is no limit to this side’s attack.

Provided they can fill the dummyhalf role then Dylan Walker and Moses Suli should form a devastating centre pairing that is sure to set up heaps of tries for Garrick to score and convert.

I never thought Garrick would be dropped , Saab into the side the other guy bides his time.

Agree, Garrick will bounce back ... and Saab will have to fight off challenges from Funa, Jorge, Harper, Tupaloopa, Koula and maybe Parker for the other spot ... I don't think anyone has a gimme on the spot ...

What a weird and slightly disturbing situation ... up to 7 players fighting it out for a wing spot .... who would of thunked it ... but then again .. the show ponies always did get the girls ...

Agree, Garrick will bounce back ... and Saab will have to fight off challenges from Funa, Jorge, Harper, Tupaloopa, Koula and maybe Parker for the other spot ... I don't think anyone has a gimme on the spot ...

What a weird and slightly disturbing situation ... up to 7 players fighting it out for a wing spot .... who would of thunked it ... but then again .. the show ponies always did get the girls ...
Except for the fact that Parker, Harper and Koula are centres and won't be in contention for the wing. May as well throw in Burbo and Suli while your at it.

Great to see we have real quality options in the backline though. It's been a while.

I've read the article and personally had not thought of this as even a slight possibility....in fact I was not seeing Garrick as a certainty to claim a wing spot.
Having time to put it in perspective, Garrick did definately drop in form in 2020, but lets be fair, the inside service could have made Addo Carr look average....due to poor options, lack of momentum through the middle and the MAIN factor - missing star players like Tom T, Walker, Suli, Schuster will always take away space for a winger.
Thing is, IF Injury free, WHOEVER the Manly wingers are in 2021 i expect both edges to DOUBLE in tries so if -
2) Stay injury free
There's EVERY chance this could be a chance ....but these other factors need to play out to make it possible, Below is the article from Fox.

If the Sea Eagles are to make the top four in 2021 as predicted then Reuben Garrick should get plenty of opportunities to kick some goals.

The Manly winger scored 16 tries and 194 points in his first season of first grade in 2019, but like his team had a let-down of a year in 2020 to finish with just four tries and 98 points.

However with Tom Trbojevic back from injury setting Garrick up for tries and Kieran Foran conducting play in the halves with Daly Cherry-Evans there is no limit to this side’s attack.

Provided they can fill the dummyhalf role then Dylan Walker and Moses Suli should form a devastating centre pairing that is sure to set up heaps of tries for Garrick to score and convert.
He had an ordinary season this year but so did many of the squad. Very hard to gauge true form because we were plugging holes all season and the combinations in attack and defence suffered as a consequence. His confidence was shot by seasons end. No reason why he can't get back to his 2019 form.

Last edited:
He needs to work on his early set runs if we go with Saab on the other side. Without Tafua there’s a real chance our attack will be even worse coming out of trouble. No reason he can’t work on this through both technique and strength/conditioning. If he gets that right the rest will follow.

He had an ordinary season this year but so did many of the squad. Very hard to gauge true form because we were plugging holes all season and the combinations in attack and defence suffered as a consequence. His confidence was shot by seasons end. No reason he can't get back to his 2019 form.
Agree needs to be on wing all the time, he needs alot of work and kick return metres was getting owned alot. Hence the bigger sized wingers Des has signed

Except for the fact that Parker, Harper and Koula are centres and won't be in contention for the wing. May as well throw in Burbo and Suli while your at it.

Great to see we have real quality options in the backline though. It's been a while.

Well bugger me ... your attempts to get attention from me are becoming more desperate each day ...

Here's a thought ..... Maybe it will be the first time in the history of Rugby League a fullback or centre has been picked on the wing .... Des has the opportunity to become an innovative legend ...

Maybe I am also strange ...but I think Des will pick who he believes is the best "1st grade" footballer ... not just the kid that came through the juniors with winger on his back ...

PSS .. you are a goose ..

Weird recruitment policy - unless Jorge retires or Reuben does find a new home i.e. Saints.

Weird recruitment policy - unless Jorge retires or Reuben does find a new home i.e. Saints.

It looks that way only because we got the incoming before the outgoing ... but if Tupaloopa and Saab live up to the hype, I suppose we had to strike when the opportunity arose ... anyway, competition should be lively for a spot ..

2) Stay injury free

I don’t think they saw his kicking percentage when writing the article. Nothing against him, but I don’t see it. Hoping to see tall timber on the wings next year.

He needs to work on his early set runs if we go with Saab on the other side. Without Tafua there’s a real chance our attack will be even worse coming out of trouble. No reason he can’t work on this through both technique and strength/conditioning. If he gets that right the rest will follow.
Taufua hasn't run hard for 4 years

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8