[Resurrected] REUBEN GARRICK - to be the top point scorer.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've read the article and personally had not thought of this as even a slight possibility....in fact I was not seeing Garrick as a certainty to claim a wing spot.
Having time to put it in perspective, Garrick did definately drop in form in 2020, but lets be fair, the inside service could have made Addo Carr look average....due to poor options, lack of momentum through the middle and the MAIN factor - missing star players like Tom T, Walker, Suli, Schuster will always take away space for a winger.
Thing is, IF Injury free, WHOEVER the Manly wingers are in 2021 i expect both edges to DOUBLE in tries so if -
1) Garrick is IN the side
2) Stay injury free
3) He hits his average over 80 - 85%
There's EVERY chance this could be a chance ....but these other factors need to play out to make it possible, Below is the article from Fox.

If the Sea Eagles are to make the top four in 2021 as predicted then Reuben Garrick should get plenty of opportunities to kick some goals.

The Manly winger scored 16 tries and 194 points in his first season of first grade in 2019, but like his team had a let-down of a year in 2020 to finish with just four tries and 98 points.

However with Tom Trbojevic back from injury setting Garrick up for tries and Kieran Foran conducting play in the halves with Daly Cherry-Evans there is no limit to this side’s attack.

Provided they can fill the dummyhalf role then Dylan Walker and Moses Suli should form a devastating centre pairing that is sure to set up heaps of tries for Garrick to score and convert.
On form Garrick will be lucky to make the team in 2021.

Suli does most of the tough carries on the right edge, Garrick never threatens on breaking the defensive line, gets driven back by the defence team due to his body position being to upright.

I think Funa could be a better option on the right edge for us.

The club were willing to swap him for Saab, Garrick may not get first crack in the team for 2021.

Well bugger me ... your attempts to get attention from me are becoming more desperate each day ...

Here's a thought ..... Maybe it will be the first time in the history of Rugby League a fullback or centre has been picked on the wing .... Des has the opportunity to become an innovative legend ...

Maybe I am also strange ...but I think Des will pick who he believes is the best "1st grade" footballer ... not just the kid that came through the juniors with winger on his back ...

PSS .. you are a goose ..
So you really think Parker and Harper are genuinely competing for a wing spot then?

And I'm the goose.

Watching the way Garrick finished that movement, even though there was the dud forward pass call, showed me he is capable of being a top winger.

So you really think Parker and Harper are genuinely competing for a wing spot then?

And I'm the goose.

And you genuinely think that a centre won't be considered to play on the wing ... so yes, you are a goose ..

And yes, both Parker and Harper have played on the wing before ... and if needed, or preferred, they will play there again ...

And you genuinely think that a centre won't be considered to play on the wing ... so yes, you are a goose ..

And yes, both Parker and Harper have played on the wing before ... and if needed, or preferred, they will play there again ...
Garrick, Saab, Tuipolotu, Jorge and Funa are competing for a place on the wing... you can take that to the bank.

Parker competing for a spot on the wing lol... what next? I know, how about we move Turbo to the forwards? Then we'd have the fastest back rower in history and the slowest winger in the game.

Last season almost everyone bemoaned our lack of depth in the backline... now some are complaining that we have too much of it. Astounding.

Lack of quality, and lack of numbers ... are two vastly different and separate issues ...

As far as "almost everyone" is concerned ... those capable of counting above 8 are pretty much in agreement that .. ... 10 players or one third of the top 30 being wingers or centres is a tad unbalanced ....

(Walker, Suli, Parker, Harper, Funa, Saab, Tupaloopa, Jorge, Koula, and Garrick,)

Except you of course ...

Lack of quality, and lack of numbers ... are two vastly different and separate issues ...

As far as "almost everyone" is concerned ... those capable of counting above 8 are pretty much in agreement that .. ... 10 players or one third of the top 30 being wingers or centres is a tad unbalanced ....

(Walker, Suli, Parker, Harper, Funa, Saab, Tupaloopa, Jorge, Koula, and Garrick,)

Except you of course ...

Correct... I'm so happy that we finally have some quality backline depth. Just like Penrith did last season.

Mansour, Laurie, Staines, May, Chricton, Naden, To'o, MWZ, McGrady, Whare etc... depth is good Trent, you should know that.

Garrick needs to learn to kick first..
Its amazing, he can hit em from in front, he can nail them from the sideline, but the space in between, about 15-20m to the left or right of the posts and he has absolutely no hope.. misses them almost every time...
If he wants to kick, he NEEDS to be able to hit from that spot as ide say 80% of our tries are scored in that area and they really SHOULD be sitters for anyone half decent

Except you of course ...
Craig Bellamy certainly made sure he had plenty of depth at wing and centre last season also. JAC, Vunivalu, Vete, Momirovski, B.Lee, Leutele, Lomelume, Olam, Earl etc... Another goose as per Woodsie.

Correct... I'm so happy that we finally have some quality backline depth. Just like Penrith did last season.

Mansour, Laurie, Staines, May, Chricton, Naden, To'o, MWZ, McGrady, Whare etc... depth is good Trent, you should know that.

When ever you have nothing ... you always resort to a pathetic attempt to smother by bringing up Baz ... as I said before .. you must think people can't read ...

When ever you have nothing ... you always resort to a pathetic attempt to smother by bringing up Baz ... as I said before .. you must think people can't read ...
I do have something though... 20 players who i've named from the Mebourne and Penrith squads last year. Did you miss that part?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4