Resting DCE and Turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Attachments

• 1948 Holden FX ad.jpg
    1948 Holden FX ad.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
I think he's a decent first grade half or 5/8, just not in the DCE, Schuster Foran class. Maybe in time he might be but I suspect it will be in another club..

I fully agree. I think if Cust wants to be a regular not only first grader, but first grade starter ... it will be away from Manly.

The kid can play, I'm not doubting that one bit. But right now with Cherry set to be here for the balance of his career, plus with Foran, Schuster, and even Walker and Croker ... I just think Cade is surplus to Manly right now.

Top 4 is gone. I said last week we should be resting players and keeping fresh for the finals. It just makes sense. No sense busting balls to try catch top 4. We are in it for the long game now
Top 4 actually isn't gone. If you do the NRL ladder predictor and use the autofill for each round (which basically selects the favourites based on current ladder positions) the only change to a result you need to make is that Manly Beat Parra in round 22 and we make it into 4th. Parra have a pretty tough run home as do the roosters. So there's still a chance we'll make it - and it's not way out of the question.

I fully agree. I think if Cust wants to be a regular not only first grader, but first grade starter ... it will be away from Manly.

The kid can play, I'm not doubting that one bit. But right now with Cherry set to be here for the balance of his career, plus with Foran, Schuster, and even Walker and Croker ... I just think Cade is surplus to Manly right now.

And then there is young Humphries coming through, who seems to be seen as a potential for DCE's final replacement. I haven't seen him play but he seems to get attention from some in the media. I recall Peters raving about the kid and suggesting an eventual Humphries-Schuster half back combination. Not for me to say, as I said, because I've never seen the kid play, but it doesn't seem to augur well for Cust

And then there is young Humphries coming through, who seems to be seen as a potential for DCE's final replacement. I haven't seen him play but he seems to get attention from some in the media. I recall Peters raving about the kid and suggesting an eventual Humphries-Schuster half back combination. Not for me to say, as I said, because I've never seen the kid play, but it doesn't seem to augur well for Cust
Isn't Humphreys the son of the CEO?

If he is and has even an iota of talent, you would have to back that combination as a legit likelihood. Also that younger Fainu (Latu I think?) was carving it up in the younger-grades as a half if memory serves. In future, Fainu & Manly are going to be as synonymous as Trbojevic & Manly currently are. (I'm sure Mad Professor Des has thought about running some genetic program to splice the 2 genepools into a super-human NRL bloodline - Fainturbos)

Having Cust as a depth player is a luxury for us right now - he was good against the Dragons - but you have to wonder if that is what Cust sees himself as longer-term. My guess is he is far too good a player to pass up for several clubs.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8