Resting DCE and Turbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I doubt Des would have kept DCE off the field if Schuster was still injured. He needed play makers to support Foran and he got it today.

This is one of those great hind sight posts..
Yes I agree it's good these guys were rested.. because we won..
Had we lost, we would have given up a 4 point buffer to be in a shootout with 5 other teams for 7 and 8th spot..

I was filthy we rested players as we NEEDED to win last night, and we switched on for 20 minutes in the second half to make that happen... Could have been a very different story had we not, and nobody woulda been happy to rest the players had we lost last night

Had we lost, we would have given up a 4 point buffer to be in a shootout with 5 other teams for 7 and 8th spot..

I was filthy we rested players as we NEEDED to win last night, and we switched on for 20 minutes in the second half to make that happen... Could have been a very different story had we not, and nobody woulda been happy to rest the players had we lost last night
Thank goodness you ain't the coach with your panic merchant approach then hey. It's not a hindsight post when myself and others agreed with resting Turbo and DCE before the game. A hindsight dummy spit is what you're doing now.

Imagine if Turbo or DCE got injured last night. Every top six team has rested some of their stars so far this weekend. We won without them both, and now they'll be fresh for next weekend.

You were filthy, and you were wrong.

Last edited:

Tom could have also done another hammy going by your logic. Just own your pre game hissy fit, move on, and bask in the glory of another fine Sea Eagles victory. A win achieved without Turbo and DCE no less.

Last edited:

It's hindsight for you but it's good foresight from an experienced successful coach in Des and those that show a little faith on his decisions.

It's hindsight for you but it's good foresight from an experienced successful coach in Des and those that show a little faith on his decisions.
For some, it seems whenever Des is right, he's still wrong. Then there's the blessed injuries which have resulted in turning our season around - let's not forget those wonderful injuries.

Yep Des is always learning. Didn't rest DCE and Jake after Origin 1 and we won. That gave him more confidence to rest all 3 this week. Let's see if he gives anyone else a freshen up over the last few rounds before finals. Croker has played every game and may benefit from a week off. Will depend on Lawton's fitness I presume. Also would be good to get Cust some game time in case he is needed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4