Rescheduled draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Why is the draw being revised and changed and not simply continued with delay ??

Expected the NRL would follow from Round 3, where we were up to.....which then would automatically mean we will also play Melbourne and City again, as after playing Every other team they would be next in line....maybe as there are 20 rounds in total.

I guess it would come down to venues. If the Warriors were due to play at home then obviously they need to be allocated to a Sydney ground and then who else was playing there, do they need a day change etc etc

Why is the draw being revised and changed and not simply continued with delay ??

Expected the NRL would follow from Round 3, where we were up to.....which then would automatically mean we will also play Melbourne and City again, as after playing Every other team they would be next in line....maybe as there are 20 rounds in total.
Because in the original draw teams played certain other teams twice in the first 15 rounds ie: Manly V Dogs in Round 10 and Round 14. We missed out on playing the Cowboys until round 19.
The new draw will have to ensure every club plays each other once in the first 15 rounds, and then play the double-up matches in rounds 16-20.

The rumblings are that there will be 5 'rivalry rounds', being the clubs we play twice. For us, I reckon it will be Storm (I actually don't mind playing the Storm because victory tastes oh so sweet! Also, they give a really good sense of where your team is at), Newcastle, Parramatta, Cronulla and New Zealand.

Canada is in lockdown, so it will be impossible to get the draw done until they are free of covid over there.

In the meantime we just have to be patient and do nothing because there is nobody in Australia capable of rostering a draw for the NRL.

If anything hopefully this will mean a fairer draw all round. If every team has to play every other team at least once then here is hoping that get through all that before they double up on opponents. I could never figure out how they came up with a draw where you could play the same team twice in the space of a couple of months, sometimes within 4 or 5 weeks. It's complete madness and inherently biased. Look at Broncos draw this year, they were due to play Cowboys Rd 1 and Rd 5. What if a key player like Michael Morgan or Val Holmes gets injured in the first round and is still out 4 weeks later ? Broncos get a big advantage over sides that might play them Round 2 and then not till Round 20 for example.

It surely isn't that hard to come up with a draw where no team play the same team twice within the space of say 3 months. That takes away any advantage of injury or short term form fluctuations

The perfect solution would have been a draw of 18 rounds. It would enable each team to play each other once and then what you could do is create four groups of clubs and base these groups on last years finishing places for example,
Group 1 would be Team 1,5,9 and 13,
Group 2 would be Team 2, 6, 10 and 14,
Group 3 would be Team 3, 7, 11 and 15
Group 4 would be Team 4, 8,12 and 16

Each team playing 9 games home and away each.

Playing 20 rounds will be lopsided for some clubs and there needs to be fairness to all clubs.

Standard finals series and Origin after the season is done.

It is pyschical and theoretical impossibilty to have an equal opportunity to make the semi finals in any competeition which does not see each team playing the same opposition ...

Simple fact is you either get lucky or get dudded in the selection of the 5 teams you play twice ...

And with a truncated competition ... it is probable that the 7th and 8th spots are decided on points differential ... who you play will be c rucial ..... All we can hope for is to be lucky ...

Edit ... I think we will be sweet as we will be top 4 ...

It is pyschical and theoretical impossibilty to have an equal opportunity to make the semi finals in any competeition which does not see each team playing the same opposition ...

Simple fact is you either get lucky or get dudded in the selection of the 5 teams you play twice ...

And with a truncated competition ... it is probable that the 7th and 8th spots are decided on points differential ... who you play will be c rucial ..... All we can hope for is to be lucky ...

Edit ... I think we will be sweet as we will be top 4 ...
Yep - Interesting to see who we do back up against twice...but agree should be Top 4 regardless...

We were down to play last years grand finalists twice this season on original draw. Also Warriors, Eels, Knights, Titans, Sharks, Dogs, and Panthers were double ups.

If Todd has left a to do list for his successor I expect our 5 double ups in the new draw will be Roosters, Raiders, Storm, Eels and Broncos.

Anyone heard when the NRL draw will be out ?

Last week read somewhere which said it would be finalised last Thursday or Friday.

Paul Kent I believed predicted that at first, but after the decision of how many rounds the season would be was delayed, I presume that the draw announcement was also today. I have heard that it will be this week though.

I'm just trying to guess who the 5 teams we play twice will be. My money's on the Eels, Storm, Souths, Sharks and Knights

I was talking to a neighbour who is a tigers supporter she heard that the tigers are playing parra in the first round and that Manly were playing souffs but didn’t know anything else. However she reckoned the nrl are trying to schedule big rivalry games to start with so didn’t think we would be playing souffs. Not sure where she heard all that, but we shall see

I was talking to a neighbour who is a tigers supporter she heard that the tigers are playing parra in the first round and that Manly were playing souffs but didn’t know anything else. However she reckoned the nrl are trying to schedule big rivalry games to start with so didn’t think we would be playing souffs. Not sure where she heard all that, but we shall see
It’s guaranteed that we’ll be playing last years top 4 TWICE.

AND, Parramatta will be playing last years bottom 4 TWICE.

Though no draw, this is the teams being circulated to play twice against Manly.
Eels - Tough opponent and top 4 contender
Storm - Solid Top 2 candidate
Sharks - Not super scary - Top 8 candidates
Penrith - Have the team in 2020 but still look odd
Newcastle - Good side...expect a 7-8 finish in 2020

This is from the SMH today and the way the story is written appears to be just speculatoin on their part --- not inside knowledge from the NRL.

This is from the SMH today and the way the story is written appears to be just speculatoin on their part --- not inside knowledge from the NRL.
The Storm and Eels has been indicated strongly since rescheduling- the others - who knows - SMH and DT are not always spot on...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4