RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess it's the same in every club, you can't keep em all. Who'd ever guess that Nicho Hynes would turn out to be the player that he is now. Went from Manly to Melb, and the rest is history.
Yeah hynes was a utility 6 in 20s so I did not ever see him doing what he did now. I say storm development in qld cup helps him.
I doubt Hynes would of developed at all in blacktown system.

Interesting that these 2 guys parents apparently met hook and were impressed by him and gave their approval for the 2 lads to sign at St George.... considering we all know he won't be the coach soon!!
Yeah wow, what going on with recruitment at moment. Metrov extending Keppie, Tuipolotu exciting as no one would chase them yet these kids walk.

Yeah wow, what going on with recruitment at moment. Metrov extending Keppie, Tuipolotu exciting as no one would chase them yet these kids walk.
Worth noting Keppie had played around 20 first grade games by the time he was Fifita and Tuitavakes age.

I rate both the kids, really do and annoyed they are going but neither are sure things yet

Worth noting Keppie had played around 20 first grade games by the time he was Fifita and Tuitavakes age.

I rate both the kids, really do and annoyed they are going but neither are sure things yet
How would we know. Dassler didn't give them a chance and the one trial Fifita played he looked very impressive. I am sure he could have done as well as any of our bench players getting the standard 10 mins at the end of the game. Tuitavake harder to gauge as he seemed to always be injured.

AND is Woods > Sipley? Sipley can't get any game time at the moment. This swap deal is really, really hard to comprehend.

Not to mention the fact that if Fifita is likely to want or at least be offered more than Keppie will ever make,meaning Manly would run into cap trouble,again,and push others out

Yeah tend to agree, look at sione Fainu talked up to amazing detail no first grade at tigpies and Hopoate just a first grader at Canberra.

How would we know. Dassler didn't give them a chance and the one trial Fifita played he looked very impressive. I am sure he could have done as well as any of our bench players getting the standard 10 mins at the end of the game. Tuitavake harder to gauge as he seemed to always be injured.

AND is Woods > Sipley? Sipley can't get any game time at the moment. This swap deal is really, really hard to comprehend.
It’s quite easy to understand really.Manly aren’t paying a cent for Woods,thus freeing up coin to upgrade the likes of Olakau’atu and GCKT

It’s quite easy to understand really.Manly aren’t paying a cent for Woods,thus freeing up coin to upgrade the likes of Olakau’atu and GCKT
agree , then need to move to secure bully if his form continues also. he has been a real dark horse in turning our fortunes from the bench. its only a few games but his stints and pasekas second stint, have been huge and along with jakey and oku have been our best. hard not to mention the frog

There’s two potential benefits to Woods joining:
1) most of our forwards are young and Woods brings a heap of experience and can potentially mentor some of the young guys and help them develop. At his best, he was one of the best props in the game
2) Woods was a massive Eagles supporter in his youth, and it may just be the ‘swan song’ he needs to increase his intensity and passion, in potentially his last year in NRL

I think he’ll add some value, if not on the field, behind the scene, and he’ll come cheap.

It’s probably always been a dream of his to play for Manly, however, the cards just never fell the right way.

OFFICIAL:

The Sea Eagles can also confirm the Club has officially released forwards Viliami Fifita and Alec Tuitavake and wish them well in their future endeavours.

(Noted at the bottom of the AW announcement).

Who is on the market that would come to Manly next year on the same $$ as DCE will be,given he’ll be on much less than now,and is capable of winning a premiership?And who at the club is DCE holding back by playing on,that is ready to step up and win a comp?
Not sure we will win premiership under DCE. When he won it he was in his first year.. he did the basics (which hes good at).. now he runs the team.. imo doesnt do a good job of it. Lyon Stewarts ran the show. I would hope he just sits back and lets Shuster run the plays.

In terms of whos ready to step up? how would you know if you dont give them a shot. If this was DCE last year... Humphries has plenty of time to get ready for it. When DCE plays Origin he can play a few games and see how he goes. Johns and Shuster would be decent. If you sign a gun centre and prop our team would function just fine. We looked more slick in the trial against the roosters under Johns and Shuster.

In the end we agree to disagree on DCE but the options to improve the squad and keep our stars long term would be there if DCE wasnt signed on for 2024.

In the end we agree to disagree on DCE but the options to improve the squad and keep our stars long term would be there if DCE wasnt signed on for 2024
Actually, DCE is signed till the end of 2025

There’s two potential benefits to Woods joining:
1) most of our forwards are young and Woods brings a heap of experience and can potentially mentor some of the young guys and help them develop. At his best, he was one of the best props in the game
2) Woods was a massive Eagles supporter in his youth, and it may just be the ‘swan song’ he needs to increase his intensity and passion, in potentially his last year in NRL

I think he’ll add some value, if not on the field, behind the scene, and he’ll come cheap.

It’s probably always been a dream of his to play for Manly, however, the cards just never fell the right way.
He's a different sort of prop to our other guys too, so that is a point in his favour. It is good to have variety. I have seen him play live quite a few times and he is very hard to put on the ground, and his offloads are more accurate than say Marty Tapau's.

If he wants to go to rugby for the same or less money because someone else did there is not much we can do about that. At least whatever offer we may be competing with will be substantially lower if Suaalii goes.
We should get him (Koula) to sign an upgrade offer with us while he's partly under anaesthetic during his knee op. Problem solved.

Yeah hynes was a utility 6 in 20s so I did not ever see him doing what he did now. I say storm development in qld cup helps him.
I doubt Hynes would of developed at all in blacktown system.
Nicho's manly NYC highlights show him doing what he does now. He carved up other teams as a 6,7, 1 and 14. The change at manly with Barrett was bad timing, it coincided with Nicho having quite a bad broken wrist, and there was no place for him apparently when he recovered, so he went to Qld cup prior to the storm.

Take a look. You can see parker and tom in some games.

Just a reminder that these two players and their manager,asked for the release,Manly didn’t push them out the door.Manly could of said no and then risk them(manager really)being disruptive and that’s a worry given who else is under Tartak’s wing.Or Manly could of offered them more money and risk not having the coin to upgrade/extend others that have proven themselves eg Olakau’atu and Schuster

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4