Referees: Resume normal transmission.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some interesting reading on the kennel... they seem to be more outraged by the referring performance than we on here!!!

Not surprised. They're dirty on Klemmer leaving the Dogs like he did and love seeing him lose. I dare say there would have been a lot of Dogs fans cheering on Manly last night, especially AFB showing him up.

Yep no doubt Turdberger is panicking that we might actually have some sort of success ahead. The diabolical shambles yesterday was truly what lays ahead for us now. We better get used to the constant shafting that's heading our way.

Yep no doubt Turdberger is panicking that we might actually have some sort of success ahead. The diabolical shambles yesterday was truly what lays ahead for us now. We better get used to the constant shafting that's heading our way.
And he'd be filthy that Dessie is the mastermind behind it...

Last edited:
I find it amazing that they can’t get the basics right - like the example @Brissie Kid posted re Cronk taking the penalty kick 4-5 metres in front of the halfway line, there’s no grey area there at all.
Last night the call against Parker in the play the ball was nearly a game changer yet there is 4 sets of eyes on the field and two sets in the vision box and NONE of them saw what happened.

The No Try overrule was baffling on all counts, it seems that their quest for making quicker decisions in the box is compromising the process.

On one look they deemed Suli stripped the ball from Lee in goal and instead of a dropout the Knights got a seven tackle set -
If Suli stripped it and it’s a simultaneous put down ( I’ve only seen it once) why wouldn’t they look if it may have been a try?

Some players get called back to play the ball on the spot others can step around the marker and play on.

What really gets me is the “held” call and then the defensive team keep going on with it and nothings done. There was a call in the Broncos/Tigers match - the ref called out a Bronco players name that the Tigers player was held but still let him get involved in the tackle put him on the deck .

Annesley will come and say they’ve reviewed and there’s areas where they can improve and next week.....

Interesting / disturbing to hear the rise of the bunker getting involved in decisions they aren't asked about.

In early bunker years they were there to rule on everything but the game was getting annoyed with them correcting all the ref's mistakes and it was making the game...clunky. IE: Changing which team got to feed the scrum just as it was about to be fed.

Yet when Suli hit the ball out of some git's hand, just when the drop out was to be taking the vid ref says that it was a knock on strip so a 20 mtr re-start. I didn't hear the ref ask to adjudicate on this, and even so, ref's haven't asked for the bunker to do that in what, 5 years?

I actually thought they should have gone to the vid ref as Suli may have scored!

It's bad enough trying to win against the refs as is, but if the bunker is going to chime in when not asked...then we really are doomed.

Interesting / disturbing to hear the rise of the bunker getting involved in decisions they aren't asked about.

In early bunker years they were there to rule on everything but the game was getting annoyed with them correcting all the ref's mistakes and it was making the game...clunky. IE: Changing which team got to feed the scrum just as it was about to be fed.

Yet when Suli hit the ball out of some git's hand, just when the drop out was to be taking the vid ref says that it was a knock on strip so a 20 mtr re-start. I didn't hear the ref ask to adjudicate on this, and even so, ref's haven't asked for the bunker to do that in what, 5 years?

I actually thought they should have gone to the vid ref as Suli may have scored!

It's bad enough trying to win against the refs as is, but if the bunker is going to chime in when not asked...then we really are doomed.
The amount of video ref decisions involving us resulting in turnaround decisions in the play the ball and in goal is disturbing.
I can't remember many, if any, that have gone our way.
And I'm trying to...

Spot on.

I'm also convinced the onfield referees are often calling the bunker to review a try/no try under false pretenses.

For example, they clearly know it isn't a try, but aren't sure if the restart should be a drop out, scrum or 20m tap.

So they fake there is a need to review the possible try ("Just check the contact there to see if any illegal contact or obstruction blah blah") as a means to find out something else.

But that's not the bunkers job.

Three in a row - Toddy will be having kittens

Watch for a total demolition job on us next week by the pinkies!

It will be a conundrum for poor Toddy .....

I hate Manly ... Doom them!
Wait ... StGeorge have just taken me to court .... Doom them!
Wait .. I hate Manly ... Doom them!
Wait ... DeBelin has dared challenge me ....Doom them!
wait ,,, but I hate Manly .....etc etc

It will be a conundrum for poor Toddy .....

I hate Manly ... Doom them!
Wait ... StGeorge have just taken me to court .... Doom them!
Wait .. I hate Manly ... Doom them!
Wait ... DeBelin has dared challenge me ....Doom them!
wait ,,, but I hate Manly .....etc etc
But wait
There's always the eels....

I heard Toddy has dropped the refs from our game last night for breaking the refs operation plan - that under no circumstances Manly win

As a teenager I was trained as a Junior RL ref ( by the late great Col Pearce ) and did a few years with the Manly jnrs as a ref and touchie.

The first thing drilled into us was that it was human nature to feel sorry for the underdog and we had to resist the temptation to "even the game up".

Today's younger refs fail to resist that temptation, hence the lopsided penalty count in yesterday's first half. They are not biased, just incompetent refs!

As a teenager I was trained as a Junior RL ref ( by the late great Col Pearce ) and did a few years with the Manly jnrs as a ref and touchie.

The first thing drilled into us was that it was human nature to feel sorry for the underdog and we had to resist the temptation to "even the game up".

Today's younger refs fail to resist that temptation, hence the lopsided penalty count in yesterday's first half. They are not biased, just incompetent refs!

I umpire baseball games, where you make 200 odd judgement calls a game, best peice of advice i recieved was to make every call as if it was your last. And you don't want your last call to be wrong.

I blame the video refs. Pereana in the box says it all really. They pick and choose when to step in and its ridiculous. Who knows wat else there barking into the refs ears we dont know about.
Yeah. Refs hearing voices again.
Another thing they promised would be a thing of the past...

I’ve never been one for blaming refs as it’s a tough job but that’s as close to outright cheating as I’ve seen in an NRL match. It was beyond incompetence.

And incredibly transparent in the doing so!!

Look, I can take 50/50’s as long as they go pretty evenly.

But when we got to 18-0 it was almost like “ **** we can’t have this happen” and the whole game changed in an instant with a string of penalties and bewildering decisions.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a biased 20-30 minutes of a game to clearly “ even things up” in front of a rabid Knights home crowd.

To win with all that thrown at them and 12 players for a vital part of the game screams to me that Manly are indeed back!!

What a total joke, and its a level playing field, yeah right, maybe in the Rocky mountains its a level playing. The thing that gets me is that the bias to certain teams is on show every week, and they dont even bother to hide it..:swear::swear::finger::finger:

Mate, the playing field in the NRL has more slope than the old Thrum Hall ground in Halifax. The outer side of that ground was actually 3.6 metres lower than the grandstand side because the ground was built on the side of a hill.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4