Referees: Resume normal transmission.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Even the commentators on Fox and on radio who were death riding us all game were surprised that the try was given.

How Perenara escaped any scrutiny for that or any sort of punishment (such as being dropped) is beyond me. The replays clearly showed that Guerra did not score that try, yet he saw fit to overturn the on-field ruling of no try and gave the four pointer. It was pure incompetence where he did not even follow their own set rules. We are constantly told that to overturn the live ruling, the bunker has to find conclusive evidence to the contrary. There was no evidence to the contrary so how (and it must be asked.....why?) did he rule it a try?

And to compound how really stupid he is... "and Connor Watson maintains possession and grounds the ball....."

He couldn't even get the name of the player right.....maybe it was written on his sheet that Connor Watson was meant to score under posts but our defence ruined that part of the script.

I actually thought that was steve clark’s voice calling it a try - both as bad as each other in their bias against Manly so made no difference. But yes, no mention of it being discussed in the ref’s post round review mtg, which indicates to me they are trying to keep it covered up, probably hoping the standing down of the refs from the cowboys debacle will distract everyone

That decision was diabolical. It was as clear as day the ball was grounded short and then promoted which on any interpretation of the rules is a double movement. Overruling an on field ruling of "no try" on that video evidence (which is there for all to see) is appalling and disturbing. I must say that I still get a sick feeling in my gut when I relive that game from the point we were up 18 nil. I cannot understand how when it is televised for all to see that so little is said about that unacceptable level of incompetence and inconsistency by commentators and the press. It is a sad day for rugby league in Australia and for the press in Australia when this is tolerated and simply ignored. It is unaustralian to say the least.

I actually thought that was steve clark’s voice calling it a try - both as bad as each other in their bias against Manly so made no difference. But yes, no mention of it being discussed in the ref’s post round review mtg, which indicates to me they are trying to keep it covered up, probably hoping the standing down of the refs from the cowboys debacle will distract everyone

And just on the referees being stood down.....why was it only Atkins and Badger? Absolutely no punishment was put to the touch judge who was clearly shown on Ch.9 to basically ignore the Cows officials who were both on the field and on the sideline only metres away trying to get her attention. At no point did she do her job properly, so why is it that she escaped punishment while Atkins and Badger have been dropped?

I don't want to start a gender war, but I can't help thinking that she escaped punishment because she's a woman. The NRL and its television broadcasters push so much for more female viewers and more female involvement in rugby league and I think they feared a backlash on that front if they dropped the female touch judge for incompetence.

I fully agree with Atkins and Badger being dropped, but I also think that they have been made the fall guys in all of this when the reality is that they were only a part of it, not the whole thing.

No Real Leadership strikes again.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6