Referees: Resume normal transmission.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yet when Suli hit the ball out of some git's hand, just when the drop out was to be taking the vid ref says that it was a knock on strip so a 20 mtr re-start. I didn't hear the ref ask to adjudicate on this, and even so, ref's haven't asked for the bunker to do that in what, 5 years?

I actually thought they should have gone to the vid ref as Suli may have scored!

Funny thing about that....earlier in the game when DCE almost scored, the Knights tackler clearly knocked it out of his hands, yet it was automatically called a knock on by Cherry. Where was the video ref then (one H. Perenara - that explains a LOT about last nights video ref rulings) to say that DCE didn't knock it on, that it was knocked loose by a Knights player?

What was the difference? Yet both calls went against Manly.

Funny thing about that....earlier in the game when DCE almost scored, the Knights tackler clearly knocked it out of his hands, yet it was automatically called a knock on by Cherry. Where was the video ref then (one H. Perenara - that explains a LOT about last nights video ref rulings) to say that DCE didn't knock it on, that it was knocked loose by a Knights player?

What was the difference?
I know Des isn't blowing up about it all but I really hope he has a quiet word to annesley.
Decisions like that and the many others, they need to be made aware that we aren't going to cop it.
At some point it's going to prove very costly.
Anyway, in Des I trust...

And incredibly transparent in the doing so!!

Look, I can take 50/50’s as long as they go pretty evenly.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a biased 20-30 minutes of a game to clearly “ even things up” in front of a rabid Knights home crowd.

I don’t think there is such thing as 50/50 in our games, we are on the wrong end of 100/0 pretty much all the time, best I would estimate would be 90/100, we just don’t get any calls go our way

I don’t think there is such thing as 50/50 in our games, we are on the wrong end of 100/0 pretty much all the time, best I would estimate would be 90/100, we just don’t get any calls go our way

Funny thing about last night. The referees did exactly what the league and media has been banging on about and letting the game flow rather than blowing a million and one penalties for so-called trivial things. Yet as soon as Manly got to an 18-0 lead after just 18 minutes, all that suddenly went out the window and Manly were penalised for just about every little thing we did wrong, and some things we didn't do wrong (e.g. Parker's play the ball). The Knights were allowed to run obstructions, they were allowed to be offside, they were allowed to lay all over the tackled player and nothing was called, yet Manly did any of that and we were getting penalised. 7 penalties straight they got after we had that lead, at least 5 of which were softer than a Mr Whippy special on a 40 degree day.

It was one of the most blatant attempts to manipulate the result I have ever seen from the match officials. And as we saw, it even extended to the bunker with that bull$hit Guerra try. They did everything possible to get Newcastle back into that game. It was almost like someone had gotten in their ear that Manly should not be winning like we were. If you were a conspiracy theorist you'd almost have to believe that someone like Greenturd was on the blower to the bunker to tell the on-field refs to "smarten up or else".

When even Manly hating Dogs fans are in their own forum saying that Manly were getting screwed by the refs, you realise just how bad it got last night.

Last edited:
Also...

Refs resuming normal transmission ignoring anything wrong the storm do (from Vossy)

DISLIKES

The last set; Cowboys v Storm: This sort of got lost in the bigger drama of the last five minutes in Townsville, but I was staggered no Storm player was sin-binned for deliberate professional fouls tackle after tackle in the final Cowboys set. Good luck to the Storm. They got away with it and now will do it again if a similar situation arises. Other teams will also take their cue if the referees don’t get tough.

Re: Referee’s when we can see bias a lot of the commentators don’t seem to mention it , so is it that we only see what we want to see against manly
I don’t think so , I think they choose not to , A lot of commentators are just as bias regarding teams
One comment from the commentator on sat night was when AFB collected Pearce he said his eye was already turning black , well if he knew Pearce had that black eye in the first 1/2 half
Refereeing doesn’t appear to be any more consistent then ever before but it does appear to be more bias than ever before ,and until the press or commentators start making it more clear to the Nrl it won’t change cause no one is held accountable cause us fans are not listened to .

Can anyone explain why the knights received a penalty when suli tackled Lee in the in goal

I think I heard something on the field about a one on one strip

Are Manly not allowed one on one strips?

Re: Referee’s when we can see bias a lot of the commentators don’t seem to mention it , so is it that we only see what we want to see against manly
I don’t think so , I think they choose not to , A lot of commentators are just as bias regarding teams
One comment from the commentator on sat night was when AFB collected Pearce he said his eye was already turning black , well if he knew Pearce had that black eye in the first 1/2 half
Refereeing doesn’t appear to be any more consistent then ever before but it does appear to be more bias than ever before ,and until the press or commentators start making it more clear to the Nrl it won’t change cause no one is held accountable cause us fans are not listened to .
Thats a post on a subject worthy of a thread @Fibro Eagle.
So many examples out there to discuss.
They seem to be on a totally different wavelength and/or always comment with a mate or club to protect...

Can anyone explain why the knights received a penalty when suli tackled Lee in the in goal

I think I heard something on the field about a one on one strip

Are Manly not allowed one on one strips?
They ruled a drop out from Newcastle but video ref overruled and said Suli knocked it out giving Newcastle a 20 mtr tap
I would have liked to see the replay in slow motion as I think Suli actually grounded it in goal for a try but they didn’t go back to it

The call I was most filthy about was Parker’s play the ball that they said he’d lost....clearly a knights players foot was all through the ruck! That call eventually lead to guerras controversial double movement try, I’m hoping the referees are sat down and mate to watch both of these mistakes...

The two referee rule is still proving unsuccessful. In every match there are instances when one of the refs overules the other, incorrectly.

It’s funny how Badger and Aitken, two of the better referees, get relegated for not calling time off when McDonald broke his leg yet the incompetent/bias refs in our game will be officiating next week. I can actually cop their mistake - I am sure it was not deliberate and they won’t do it again.

I'm sure they see it but if they mentioned it then they would miss what's going with the ensuing plays.

Don't get me wrong, I blow up big time and yell at the TV, "can't they see that was wrong" ( edited for the kiddies ) but then realise they'd be there all night if they dissected dodgy decisions.
Actually, when Bedsy saw the replay of Parker's "knock on" in the play the ball he said I think there was a Knight's boot in there, the other caller commented that it was a big call for Bedsy to say that ( or something along those lines ).

There's too many for them to carry on about them so I'd say it's part of their brief to just call it to a point without harping on about it too much.

Imagine if they called it like - "Team X's completion rate is very poor over the last 20 minutes but they haven't been given a chance by the ref's, it seems like they're being penalised out of it".

It’s funny how Badger and Aitken, two of the better referees, get relegated for not calling time off when McDonald broke his leg yet the incompetent/bias refs in our game will be officiating next week. I can actually cop their mistake - I am sure it was not deliberate and they won’t do it again.
I can cop the refs from our game being given the benefit of the doubt but that Penenara clown in the box should be hung drawn and quartered by Annersley for the over rule try and the inconsistency around a few other decisions he got involved in.

He should be the one getting the right boot up the arse in my opinion

I can cop the refs from our game being given the benefit of the doubt but that Penenara clown in the box should be hung drawn and quartered by Annersley for the over rule try and the inconsistency around a few other decisions he got involved in.

Yep, I can kinda cop ref's mistakes during the heat of battle, but as you say, the guys in the box that get to see so many replays still somehow f%^k it up or pick and choose when to get involved.

The overrule try the other night, he was only thinking did the ball get to the line without thinking of all the other things like how it got to the line - and I'm yet to see any proof that it did get to the line.
The Lomax offside last night, called offside by the vidiot box but then says he stays outside the 10m when we can all see that he's not - isn't that part of the reason the lines are there FFS!

How does **** like that happen??

Us average Joes' that love our footy and watch most games each weekend see different explanations / interpretations on the same thing in two different games from the vidiot box, that's the killer.

No mention of the sh*tbag refereeing against us.
Probably no surprise seeing as we seem to be the only ones talking about it.
I still think Dessie should have laboured the point stronger.
He knows what he's doing but I find it frustrating.
Des would have phoned Annesley.

He produces a weekly summary but does not cover any other of the 7 games :fubar:

Surely Bunker Boy overturning a no try call would have been of interest and warrant a public explanation :wondering:

Even the commentators on Fox and on radio who were death riding us all game were surprised that the try was given.

How Perenara escaped any scrutiny for that or any sort of punishment (such as being dropped) is beyond me. The replays clearly showed that Guerra did not score that try, yet he saw fit to overturn the on-field ruling of no try and gave the four pointer. It was pure incompetence where he did not even follow their own set rules. We are constantly told that to overturn the live ruling, the bunker has to find conclusive evidence to the contrary. There was no evidence to the contrary so how (and it must be asked.....why?) did he rule it a try?

The whole thing stinks of bias from the NRL. You can't help but think that they wanted Newcastle to win that game, especially in Newcastle, but when they realised after 18 minutes that Manly were looking like running away with it before it even got to half time, suddenly the whole complexion of the refereeing of the game changed. It went from the free slowing style that the refs have been praised for in the opening rounds to suddenly canning Manly at every opportunity while at the same time ignoring just about anything the Knights did, including 2 or 3 blatant obstructions.

From the moment we got to 18-0 up, we didn't get another penalty while the Knights got 7 in a row until the score was 18-12 and the Knights were within a converted try of leveling the scores.

Like I said in the game day thread, it was one of the most blatant attempts at manipulating the result by the match officials that I have seen in a long, long time.....in any sport. It was almost like watching one of the old Kangaroo Tour games against Pommy club sides where the Roos would get absolutely hammered by the English refs. The good thing is though that like the Kangaroos back in the day, Manly were good enough to overcome it on Saturday night.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8