Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
PLayers like the painfully slow and one dimensional Parker must be upgraded

and so too our current Hooker who Like Parker has the heart but lacks the class to take us to the next level

As teams are eliminated Im starting to read on InstaTwitFace of a possible number of player movements , which I admit do happen almost every year.

But as each one happens the door opens for others.

I’m still of the belief we aren’t done yet.

Again I say over 2 million outgoing and maybe $300-$400k incoming and the rest cannot all be upgrades.

Sadly it has all the makings of another Bullemore type of signing, we can only hope, joining a new club he could really turn out to be a surprise packet for us.

Yep @Eagle 1 Bullemore hasn't lived up to his potential so far. He needs to be used as a prop off the bench, who can also cover lock if needed. The edge experiment with him just didn't work. He needs to come back 5-10 kilos heavier, and just focus on using his leg speed to get us metres through the middle.

As teams are eliminated Im starting to read on InstaTwitFace of a possible number of player movements , which I admit do happen almost every year.

But as each one happens the door opens for others.

I’m still of the belief we aren’t done yet.

Again I say over 2 million outgoing and maybe $300-$400k incoming and the rest cannot all be upgrades.
mmm...wonder what DCE's 2yr extension was, and Aioli's resigning was, I believe it was 600k originally but could of been upgraded. I'm sure a lot of people on here would all like to know ?

mmm...wonder what DCE's 2yr extension was, and Aioli's resigning was, I believe it was 600k originally but could of been upgraded. I'm sure a lot of people on here would all like to know ?
I would honestly be flabbergasted if DCE is anything like the 1.2 million he’s been on.

I’d very much suggest that he would have said “ I’d love to finish my career at Manly “ and hopefully recruitment said “ we’d love that too Daly but at 33 you’re going to have to accept a lower figure , however we’ll make it a two year extension”

I believe he was already contracted for 2023, so this would be 24 / 25.

It would still be $800k.

If it’s 1.2 million or more the recruitment team want taking out the back and shooting.

Al's pretty good when he gets on the field, but he is prone to suspension and injuries and, I think, played only 12 matches in 2022. We need him and Tent to be our enforcers and to play the majority of matches. I doubt Tent will ever have the fire to be our 'big dog' despite his size.

Part 2

And if it’s $800k ( from 2024) that gives us another $400k to play with that year ( negotiations could take place after November 1st this year ).

Al's pretty good when he gets on the field, but he is prone to suspension and injuries and, I think, played only 12 matches in 2022. We need him and Tent to be our enforcers and to play the majority of matches. I doubt Tent will ever have the fire to be our 'big dog' despite his size.
Tent is such a frustrating player to follow, just when he's starting to hit his straps he goes out injured time and time again. Next season it really is do or die for Passeka injury or no injury.

Tent is such a frustrating player to follow, just when he's starting to hit his straps he goes out injured time and time again. Next season it really is do or die for Passeka injury or no injury.
He might come good , so much potential, limited ROI to date.

Worth noting that whilst we are top heavy with DCE, Jake and Tom, they are the only 3 players we will have next year in the top 100 paid players (according to the NRL rich list......I know, I know).

That would mean nobody ese is on more than 500k.

There would have to be some spare change laying around

We obviously don't get the up and comers like the Panthers. Pretty impressive season for the boys further out west

Penrith will play an NRL preliminary final before the club will contest grand finals on Sunday at CommBank Stadium in Jersey Flegg (under-21s) and NSW Cup. The Panthers have already claimed the SG Ball (U19s) competition and reached the finals in Harold Matthews (U16s).

We obviously don't get the up and comers like the Panthers. Pretty impressive season for the boys further out west

Penrith will play an NRL preliminary final before the club will contest grand finals on Sunday at CommBank Stadium in Jersey Flegg (under-21s) and NSW Cup. The Panthers have already claimed the SG Ball (U19s) competition and reached the finals in Harold Matthews (U16s).
We really should be targeting some of their nsw cup, jersey flegg and even sg ball players. Parra have already signed Jamaine Hopgood for next year, one of their best young players who can't quite crack the first grade team regularly. Guys like eddie blacker, lindsay smith and liam henry are all young props playing in Penrith's nsw cup grand final team this week and they also all played first grade a few weeks ago when penrith rested players and looked good imo. Another guy we should seriously be looking at is Jack Cole, a 19-year-old half that Penrith recruited from Orange, who just recently won Jersey Flegg (U21s) player of the year (and he's playing a year above his own age group).

Edit: just saw that Liam Henry (21-year-old prop) is also from Orange. Looks like Penrith are really targeting those country areas, with other guys like Matt Burton and Isaah Yeo from Dubbo. It's a shame that Manly aren't doing the same... but then again, I'm not really surprised. Typical Manly.

Last edited:

Our number one priority should be props in my armchair critic's opinion.

Props that the opposition purposely avoid running at.

Props that just don't like other people for no particular reason.

Imagine how different we'd be with two hard as nails bastards in the 8 and 10 ?

We really should be targeting some of their nsw cup, jersey flegg and even sg ball players. Parra have already signed Jamaine Hopgood for next year, one of their best young players who can't quite crack the first grade team regularly. Guys like eddie blacker, lindsay smith and liam henry are all young props playing in Penrith's nsw cup grand final team this week and they also all played first grade a few weeks ago when penrith rested players and looked good imo. Another guy we should seriously be looking at is Jack Cole, a 19-year-old half that Penrith recruited from Orange, who just recently won Jersey Flegg (U21s) player of the year (and he's playing a year above his own age group).

Edit: just saw that Liam Henry (21-year-old prop) is also from Orange. Looks like Penrith are really targeting those country areas, with other guys like Matt Burton and Isaah Yeo from Dubbo. It's a shame that Manly aren't doing the same... but then again, I'm not really surprised. Typical Manly.
Eddie Blacker would be a great get.

Plenty of young talent we could be angling for Mazoulos, Kayal Iro or Deine Mariner, Blacker, Topine.

5 young stars covering 4 positions we could improve whose path to first grade is currently blocked.

Most under contract but we should at least be making enquiries

They way we're going we'll be recruiting from the poor bloody Swannies next.

They have way too much ticker for starters, and have a gay player in their ranks. Also, they can run the 100 metre dash in less than 48 minutes unlike our forwards.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4