Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Preferred the Merc ... bring back the Biff ...

Not good for my health mate.

Felt like I was becoming the Michael Crocker of this forum haha. The woman who raised me has just been given not long (****ing cancer), so I don't have it in me anymore :(. As you know my Dad (cancer), Mum (brain aneurysm), brother (motorbike accident), Mother-in-law (cancer) all recently died, on top of my father-in-law having the worst of strokes and is basically a 3 year old child now.

Not sure how much more I can take - LOL - reinstitute fragile status here <---.

Felt like I was becoming the Michael Crocker of this forum haha. The woman who raised me has just been given not long (****ing cancer), so I don't have it in me anymore :(. As you know my Dad (cancer), Mum (brain aneurysm), brother (motorbike accident), Mother-in-law (cancer) all recently died, on top of my father-in-law having the worst of strokes and is basically a 3 year old child now.

Best wishes mate ... but all you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other .. and keep throwing them ...

Not good mate, keep your head up

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about your latest episode of adversity

You have been through a lot and I can understand your doom and gloom perception of things

But I can also see that you are more resilient that you think you are Ryan as you have not let this very sad and overwhelming situation stop you from functioning like others that have emotional break downs do

You are a Resolute Character Ryan and an Inspiration to all that have read your post

Hope things take a turn for the better, including a less ****house performance next season.

That’s a terrible run mate, I really hope things start to turnaround for you.

Someone said (unless I dreamed it) that our main signings for 2023 couldn't be announced till after the comp was finished. If so, not long to wait now until we get the exciting news!

Any announcements are usually made when they start selling memberships , so it would be very unlike Manly to come out early.

I live in the hope that we have a few reasonable players incoming as my mind can’t get around almost 2 million in cap that’s left replaced by ( at this point ) one signing from the Tigers who at best is probably a $350k player.

Yeah I know “ upgrades” so that will eat into that 2 million but to let so many go , just to upgrade some existing players and then bring up a bunch of plodders from BWSE just doesn’t sit with me.

I think it’ll be sometime in October that they’ll start again on the membership campaign so whilst I doubt it’ll be #nextweek I have a feeling it will be one of the #nextweek in the #nextmonth

Two things

1. @Ryan rough rough run - hope things get are as good as they can be
2. My hope in life is that big Tony actually has things under wraps and we are not leaking everywhere (not that we can not sign any more players until the latest Penn family chook raffle is complete)

Someone said (unless I dreamed it) that our main signings for 2023 couldn't be announced till after the comp was finished. If so, not long to wait now until we get the exciting news!
Apparently they're all on holidays. Meanwhile, the other 16 teams are not and are busy holding meetings where there is coffee, and ens, and contracts and stuff.

Oh Ryan, so sorry to read that. Life really sucks sometimes.
Big big squeezey hugs for you xx

Dear Mr Penn.
For the last 8years, we've watched our club slowly descend to the depths of mediocrity. What was once a powerhouse is now just a shell of its former self.
Thank you for all your past efforts but it's time to piss or get off the pot, loving the club to death is not really love. It's a pretty simple equation, either stump up the necessary money to make us competitive or move aside and let someone who will take control.

Hang in there, the tide will turn eventually for you, I hope so anyway.

Hang in there, the tide will turn eventually for you, I hope so anyway.

Lifes continuous Tidalwave's of events brings fortunes and misfortunes to every one

And as you say @SeaEagleRock8

We hang in there with hope in our hearts and await for our next tide of good fortune to come

We should never be discouraged as all things must pass

All things must pass

Including our Mediocre 2022 season

Looking forward to a Magnificent Manly 2023 Season

May we all live up to our legendary clubs Benchmark of Excellence !
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Last edited:

Hang in there mate. We are all here for you buddy

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4