Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dear Fellow silvertails ... I must unreservedly apologise for my earlier post regarding a QLD signing ... I made it up ... I have no excuse ... but offer in my defence the fact that it never occurred to me that people would believe me ...

However, at least some of you had some hope and excitement for a while ...

.. and who knows ... it may just be happening exactly like that ...
Should have kept it going a little longer mate. It would have being a great way to 100% confirm that the media sniff around the forum to obtain stories.

Had a longer shelf life then one of our posters [ Kasa or Kaza i think ] who started a thread last off season that Manly had signed Adam Tollman from the Sharks . Seemed unlikely to me with any mention of a S O O level player but with not that much confidence with the current make up of the over all pack and the not completely unlikely prospect of one or two mid range player trades , not totally implausible

The rumour is real. Woodsie is just covering his tracks now as he realises making it public too early might scupper the deal and his source will never sepak to him again.

Never thought you’d lie to me Woodsie.
I guess they all let you down in the end.

Sorry Budgie ... but as a woman, I thought you would have just expected me to lie to you ... or fib a little at least ... maybe gild the lily occasionally ... even exaggerate sometimes ... certainly bullshiite my way out of trouble is allowed ?

Should have kept it going a little longer mate. It would have being a great way to 100% confirm that the media sniff around the forum to obtain stories.

I think that was half my plan ... but when I saw good posters going out of their way to research possibilities ... I just felt guilty ... had to confess ..

Just heard from a reliable source close to the power brokers that we have signed a QLD SOO and Australian forward ... won't be announced until his team is out of the finals ...
WOW … you are one brave dude! If your source is wrong or the player is a dud you will get crucified on this site.

Just sayin’

Hey Woodsie bit of a **** act getting our hopes up 🤣when in all seriousness we need a good heart story some positive news

Love how that's news. "Manly on the verge of a signing !!!" Hahahaha, how embarrassing. And look who it is. Ben ****ing Condon.
Sadly it has all the makings of another Bullemore type of signing, we can only hope, joining a new club he could really turn out to be a surprise packet for us.

Looking forward to the signings of Ryan Pappenhuysen and Nathan Cleary. Not sure about the mumbling, but they both have the haircut thing well covered.
We’re in danger of becoming a ‘Clearenhuysen’ for/of unwanted players.;)

Looking forward to Condon joining, if it’s true.

No likely gang affiliations for starters.

Think that it was pretty obvious some time ago that Manly would be fairly restricted with major new signings and with their current cap set up . Except for a possible player trade . Even with Garrick previously mooted , not sure about a consistently reliable goal kicker then and would say that he has already been upgraded along with a heap of the other Manly younger brigade . In Condon's case if it does eventuate , could even be a substitute for a cap space for someone like Jorge . Thought that Boyle may be retained but has been very injury affected in recent seasons , A good strong forward when he is fit and well though . With the type of ruck play these days , those basically workman like , no frills middles or props are quite common to compliment a pack

Think that it was pretty obvious some time ago that Manly would be fairly restricted with major new signings and with their current cap set up . Except for a possible player trade . Even with Garrick previously mooted , not sure about a consistently reliable goal kicker then and would say that he has already been upgraded along with a heap of the other Manly younger brigade . In Condon's case if it does eventuate , could even be a substitute for a cap space for someone like Jorge . Thought that Boyle may be retained but has been very injury affected in recent seasons , A good strong forward when he is fit and well though . With the type of ruck play these days , those basically workman like , no frills middles or props are quite common to compliment a pack
We need to get more out of our current playing roster and more out of our current players

Some of our current players have plateaued and need to moved
because they have reached their limits and are limited to where they can take us

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2