Realistically is 2019 a Top 8 Shot ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2017 vs. 2019 - (Upgrade vs. downgrade)
01. Tom Trbojevic vs. Tom Trbojevic (Same)
02. Jorge Taufua vs. Jorge Taufua (Downgrade)
03. Brian Kelly vs. Moses Suli (Large Downgrade)
04. Dylan Walker vs. Reuben Garrick (Huge Downgrade)
05. Akuila Uate vs. Brendan Elliott (large Downgrade)
06. Blake Green vs. Kane Elgey (small downgrade)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans vs. Daly Cherry Evans (Same)

3 players out of 7 will be the same. That's 4 players out of 7 who are different or 58%

In the backline, we've also lost Jono Wright, Matthew Wright, Tom Wright, Jackson Hastings, Pita Godinet & Cameron Cullen.

Fowards wise, we've lost (from 2017): Billy Bainbridge, Lewis Brown, Jarrad Kennedy, Shaun Lane, Brenton Lawrence, Darcy Lussick, Nate Myles
Forwards wise, we've gained (from 2017):
Corey Waddell (downgrade on Lane)
Joel Thompson (large upgrade on Nate Myles)
Kelepi Tanginoa (same as Brenton Lawrence)
Manase Fainu (upgrade on Lewis Brown)
Taniela Paseka (upgrade on Darcy Lussick)
Toafofoa Sipley (upgrade on Jarrad Kennedy)

2017 vs. 2019 - (Upgrade vs. downgrade)
08. Brentan Lawrence vs. Marty Taupau (Huge upgrade)
09. Apisai Koroisou vs. Apisai Koroisou (upgrade as he was absent 2018)
10. Nate Myles vs. Addin Fonuia Blake (continuous upgrade)
11. Marty Taupua vs. Joel Thompson (Downgrade)
12. Curtis Sironen vs. Curtis Sironen (Upgrade as he was absent 2018)
13. Jake Trbojevic vs Jake Trbojevic (same)

14. Lewis Brown vs. Manase Fainu (upgrade)
15. Addin Fonua-Blake vs. Kelepi Tanginoa (Downgrade)
16. Darcy Lussick vs. Taniela Paseka (Upgrade, I'll be kind)
17. Shaun Lane vs. Corey Waddell (Downgrade)

5 players out of 10 will be the same. That's 5 players out of 10 who are different or 50%

Stats
Out of a starting 17, potentially 9 players 52% of the entire team will be different.
Based on my reckoning, we will have:
8 Downgrades
3 Staying the same
6 upgrades

Mate, we'll be a very different proposition, and the numbers / quality of players aren't trending in the right direction.

That's also not taking into consideration things like:
X DV cases
X Lude photo's on Snapchat
X Health / Weight issues
X Growing party culture

We are a huge long shot of making the 8 next season. That said, I expect positivity, and movement in the right direction. Thinking 10th - 13th.
Quite a lot of upgrades where you expected downgrades :)

Apologies if this has been covered a thousand times in other threads, but what is the situation if we get a home final considering no Allianz ??? Does justice finally prevail ???

Apologies if this has been covered a thousand times in other threads, but what is the situation if we get a home final considering no Allianz ??? Does justice finally prevail ???
Will be a tough assignment after Raiders win tonight.....but Top 4 should be a home game....Right??....though Cmon u dirty Dogs!!

Will be a tough assignment after Raiders win tonight.....but Top 4 should be a home game....Right??....though Cmon u dirty Dogs!!

Only 1st and 2nd in the top 4 get a home game. For us to finish 2nd we need to win our last 3, AND the Roosters would need to lose 3 of their 4 remaining games AND Canberra would need to lose 2 of their last 3 games.

5th is our only REALISTIC chance of a home semi.

4th will have to do.

Holy ****
I originally agreed with you, now I am awaiting your Manly 2019 Premiership winning odds
giphy.gif

I originally agreed with you, now I am awaiting your Manly 2019 Premiership winning odds
giphy.gif
I'd have to say it's absolutely not out of the question, we're definitely the dark horse though in a arguably 4 horse race with the rest of the current top 4

The raiders are a real shot this year after slaying Melbourne from behind with 12 men for 20 minutes, obviously Melbourne and the roosters are favorites

I'd describe us as Frankenstein's monster, unwanted bits and pieces whacked together with some budget glue that people like Watmong would've eaten at school and thrown in some fine threads unleashed to horrify the world who had their hearts set on our untimely demise

I'm thinking we're $4.50 for 2021

And hasnt Tom gone backwards this year.
Pmsl.
As i stated "all round running game", he lacks footwork to make something out of nothing like a Tedesco, RTS, Ponga and lacks the footy change of speed and direction of a Slater.(Tom does make things happen in his own way at times but they tend to be either from catching a bomb or pushing up through the middle----less variety)

Tom does well pushing up in support through the middle third and some broken down return plays but his outside line running is nothing special along with his passing out wide.

As i stated Tom will flourish behind a winning team with excellent stats(better than all the above players) in his first 5yrs or so but will drop back "stats wise" significantly just like Inglis for the back half of his career "unless" he develops a more rounded game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8