Rd21 Sea Eagles v Tigers teams and chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disappointing..... Yes.

Much needed wake up call??? Yes.

Been pretty flat since the St Merge game (excluding the knights game), j-u-u-s-t winning when we should be going on with it and stamping authority on games. Such is footy, and I would much prefer a team peaking in September than round 21..

Terrible second half. The things we did we didn't deserve to to win, lots of non characteristic plays, most notably the early kicking. When the Tigers beat us they always seem to put in quick tries and we go off our game.

Still, it's not the finals, we're still top 4, top 2... time to re-focus and re-establish the game plans. The saying 'we were due for a loss' isn't what i'd use, we just didn't play well enough to win.

Even though it was a loss to the Tigers which is pretty bad, it could be worse - we could be supporting a team like the dumb bunnies and go infiltrate the forums of more successful teams or something.

The Tigers had waaayyyy more attacking opportunities on our own 20. We held them out very well until the 60th minute, I thought it was obvious that the Tigers wanted this game more, they needed it to stay in the 8.

One Eyed Eagle said:
Sorry if this has already been said, a great game ruined by disgraceful refereeing. the Tigers first try was off two blatant forward passes close, to the Parramatta one from a couple of years ago, plus the Lawrence try was off a Paten knock on the play preceding.
The call against Jamie Lyon in 65th minute of knock on was again off a Marshall forward pass.
I fear the day that a finals game is decided by atrocious refereeing.
I admit that we made errors and we should have not allowed the Tigers back into the game but that being said, refereeing decisions can change games, and that I believe gave the Tigers their momentum.
Good points. But we could have been leading by 24-30 points if not at halftime, then certainly early in the 2nd half. Maybe they were tuckered out after the short turnaround.

Manly ultimately have themselves to blame.

Poor ground conditions didn't help. Jamie catches that cross field kick and game over. A lazy 10 minute section in defence cost us the game, refs not picking up forward pass didn't help either. We are in a bit of a hole at the moment, seem to have lost our way a little in attack.

we gave them a sniff and they took it and then starved us of the ball for a long period of time, they never gave up we tried hard but wrong options killed it for us

The conditions made a difference to.... the light stepping of some of the Tigers players on that slippery ground was too much for our guys much of the time.

Plus... Daly had a really poor game. He looked flustered and too often made bad decisions. After sustaining so much pressure then finally getting some possession inside the Tigers 20m, to kick to nobody on the 3rd or 4th tackle was poor.

Not to mention Jamie and Brett's hail Mary play with a minute to go and a full set of 6 inside the Tigers half. I expected more from a couple of senior players.

Anyway it's gone now so onto next week.

Nights like this really test your resolve on a supporter. Had to travel well out of my way to see a 'home' game in an incredibly bad stadium, pay through the teeth for the worst category tickets & then got subjected to a performance (from both teams) that woudn't be out of place at your local A-grade comp & refereeing that wouldn't be acceptable in u-16s.

Now (after it took me a good 15min to get out of the stadium) I have a good 1hr+ drive to get home from a 'home' game.

Really makes you think whether it's worthwhile to keep pumping money into this hobby when you could just as easily get your jollies from another sport.

master blaster said:
now the rest of the weekend will be crap,hate losing on a friday night,come to think of it, I hate losing altogether

I'm with you there, MB. There was some really good strong plays tonite, esp in defence but the attack in the 1st half was all well-constructed.
2nd half a bit different. Some blatant errors, wingers were out of position on many occasions but just lucky Brett was there to clean up on many times.

Daly was running in circles a lot, just not sure where to go but in time, he'll learn.

I would normally not be so pissed off however the defense tonight was sub par in that second half, the attack after the two tries was annoyingly predictable (give the ball to snake is not a set play,we aren't ****ing parra)

i hope the get strips torn off them that was ****ing awful, unacceptable from a team with that talent in them......that was a true beagles performance gosford and all,Mullane must have spoken to them....

As crap as we were at defending in the 2nd half the difference between winning and losing was a pass that went at least 2 meters forward with a touch judge looking straight at it.

Brett was great at the back and Glenn continues to do lots of top stuff. Choc was quiet and bit like Pritchard, doesn't make those big bursts anymore.

torana355 said:
codewana said:
Robbo + Wolfman > Hoppa + Oldie

Our wingers weren't on song tonight :(

Its amazing how quickly people turn on players after they have one bad game. I have always said Robbo's strength is his defense but oldfield will get better. Also Hoppa will get better with a few more games under his belt after coming back from injury.

I said earlier in this thread that the Tigers would probably win this but i am pissed off about that Forward pass that lead to that Tigers try. Des is going to hammer them....

Ease up. I wouldn't use that quote to back up your ' turn on players' idea. Just think that our more experienced wingers are better than the two rookies, and that was observed in the off games by Oldfield and Hoppa (who has been out for a while).

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8