Game Day: Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yep. Him and Walters. I always watch Fox because I pay for it but today I turned over to Nine after about 10 minutes. It was that unbearable.
Same. And like @Pablo mentioned earlier, Vossy I usually like. But that was one of the most biased, misguided, inept performances from a commentary team I’ve ever heard. I should’ve done the same and flicked to nine.(never thought I’d ever say that!).

Ennis and especially Vossy can eat d1cks... Manly at fault for everything and Ricky saying that BJ accidentally dropped knees is in denial. It was a low act period nothing else.

Vossy was harping on about send offs for this and that Taupau should have also gone with Boyle as he was in the way also...
Ricky accepted the decision to award an 8 point try, as he said deliberate or accidental, a penalty should apply.
He said he has more of a problem with Leilua

Last edited:
I stayed away from posting because I was shifting in my chair and yelling abuse (evidently, my wife assures me they can't hear me) for the whole 80.

It was a frustrating game to watch. The refs absolutely ruined the game.

The ruck is just a nightmare in general. Where do you start ?

The tackled player doesn't play the ball where they're held making it almost impossible to get square at marker.
You can't release the tackled player straight away because "losing the ruck" is almost a guarantee you'll lose the game.
But if the refs apply the rules to the letter of the law, there'll be 50 penalties a game.

The game has turned into WWE.

Oh, and the commentators on FOX. Walters is the worst. Hates Manly with a passion. It was painful to listen to. Vossy was no better.

Not one ball strip tonight!

I know it's legal but as I said before, to practice ball stripping, and also the keeping the ball in the scrum kinda blows.

This is the way I would do the strip penalty.

If there are two or more in a tackle and the others fall off either deliberately, it should still be counted as a 2 or 3 man tackle. The only time a strip should then be counted is if the ball carrier has completely broken the tackle and they have to come at him again. But only 1 on 1.

1 on 1 stripping of the ball I have no issue with. But I hate the way Canberra do it with one player trying to get the ball and any others deliberately letting go.

We got lucky that Leilua was back. The big stoopid grub moron was always going to cost them a game. What a pot plant.
Blowy Laysewer.

I was going to say Gaysewer, but I thought that might be offensive.

And kudos to Charming Linda-Rondstadt on getting rid of the exaggerated hairstyle.

And a big cheerio to the Manly-supporting flog in a wretched, Thai-built, domestically-labelled, small dick mobile - who wouldn’t allow a small Euro car into the traffic flow out of the carpark.

Last edited:
I stayed away from posting because I was shifting in my chair and yelling abuse (evidently, my wife assures me they can't hear me) for the whole 80.

The tackled player doesn't play the ball where they're held making it almost impossible to get square at marker.
You can't release the tackled player straight away because "losing the ruck" is almost a guarantee you'll lose the game.
But if the refs apply the rules to the letter of the law, there'll be 50 penalties a game.

Oh, and the commentators on FOX. Walters is the worst. Hates Manly with a passion. It was painful to listen to. Vossy was no better.
I think the problem could be best solved by getting tough again on players moving forward off the mark. I wouldn't even mind seeing players penalised for it and not simply told to go back. Watch how quickly the ruck would clean up if they did that

hahahahahahahahahahaha i could have posted that word for word...

Simple solution is to have a set time for the ball to be played after the held call.
2 seconds, 3, 4, whatever...but keep it consistent.

I couldn't be bothered going through the positives this simple rule interpretation would bring, again.

I can’t stand Voss. Always gets excited when someone scores against us. Warren Smith is the best commentator around and Greg Alexander the best comments man and expert out there. We’d get an even crack with those 2. Sadly the others are all very painful to listen to, especially when we’re playing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8