Raiders : Josh Hodgson / George Williams circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Comes across bitter George, this resentment looks like it’s flowing through the playing group.
Its hard to know whats doing with this. Only those in the canberra circle will really know and even then versions will differ.

NRL 360 went after the kid hard today which i felt was a bit unfair. Its obviously a **** time with Covid and let me tell you its a completely different kettle of fish over here in the Uk. I can honestly imagine the worry and concern he and probably more his pregnant misses have being marooned on yhe other side of the planet.

Good on him for firing back the kenty and co. The hypocrisy when you compare it to say Greg Inglis when he walked away from the game and the love fest for him and his mental well being compared to Williams just shows the complete BS nature of these guys.

Look Williams might be full of BS and may just be agitating for the release but if hes not and there are mental well being issues at play then he needs to be handled a little bit differently buy the press.

Its hard to know whats doing with this. Only those in the canberra circle will really know and even then versions will differ.

NRL 360 went after the kid hard today which i felt was a bit unfair. Its obviously a **** time with Covid and let me tell you its a completely different kettle of fish over here in the Uk. I can honestly imagine the worry and concern he and probably more his pregnant misses have being marooned on yhe other side of the planet.

Good on him for firing back the kenty and co. The hypocrisy when you compare it to say Greg Inglis when he walked away from the game and the love fest for him and his mental well being compared to Williams just shows the complete BS nature of these guys.

Look Williams might be full of BS and may just be agitating for the release but if hes not and there are mental well being issues at play then he needs to be handled a little bit differently buy the press.
Agree definitely hard to know the full story along with Williams true feelings.

Kent and Ricky are good mates, even though Hooper broke the story, I suspect Kent got the mail and passed it onto Hooper.

I was in London a 3 weeks ago, not much has changed since July last year when I was last there, more people on the tube this time though.

Canberra must have some money.

they paid a 'hefty' transfer fee to get him to the club.

Now I'm assuming they had to pay him out of his contract.

One report said his contract money is now freed up. Is this true?
You can pay out a player's contract at anytime and then his contract is added back onto the cap 'space' a club has?

Sheesh... the canucks are still paying some money for Luongo's contract years after he left the club, played for another one, and retired... which is included in the cap hit.

Agree definitely hard to know the full story along with Williams true feelings.

Kent and Ricky are good mates, even though Hooper broke the story, I suspect Kent got the mail and passed it onto Hooper.

I was in London a 3 weeks ago, not much has changed since July last year when I was last there, more people on the tube this time though.
Ricky has an ornate ability to fall out with players and clubs doesnt he. Seems to have a definite used by date where ever he goes.

So strange here.

Still like a ghost town much of the time. Guess 135000 dead will do that to you....

Honestly Australia does not know how lucky they have been across this period. Of course some hard decisions were made early on that have paid off but keeping the genie in the bottle has been a big bit of pure luck.

Ricky has an ornate ability to fall out with players and clubs doesnt he. Seems to have a definite used by date where ever he goes.

So strange here.

Still like a ghost town much of the time. Guess 135000 dead will do that to you....

Honestly Australia does not know how lucky they have been across this period. Of course some hard decisions were made early on that have paid off but keeping the genie in the bottle has been a big bit of pure luck.
Very lucky here. I still wonder if we’ll get a bad outbreak at some point. Maybe not now with the vaccine rollouts.

Sticky is a tosser have always thought that. Clear as day he’s lost that playing group. Those boots can’t get away quick enough.

Very lucky here. I still wonder if we’ll get a bad outbreak at some point. Maybe not now with the vaccine rollouts.

Sticky is a tosser have always thought that. Clear as day he’s lost that playing group. Those boots can’t get away quick enough.
He hasn't lost Jarhead Croaker though, signed until end of 2023 :)

We all, rightfully so, applauded the Clappers pommy connection .... but it appears nothing has changed ... they are still all whinging bastaards ...

Whitehead quits ... Williams homesick .. Hodgson dummy spitting ...
No resilience what so ever
No Malcolm Reilly DNA in that lot
Soft , Soft , Soft Sooks
Ricky was a very passionate and fiercely competitive player . He needs players with similar character in the raiders team
The Sooner they Leave Canberra the better

No resilience what so ever
No Malcolm Reilly DNA in that lot
Soft , Soft , Soft Sooks
Ricky was a very passionate and fiercely competitive player . He needs players with similar character in the raiders team
The Sooner they Leave Canberra the better
Pretty much that same group of players went within one controversial ref call of being premiers. I highly doubt they are soft or lack resilience. I suspect the cause of the club's woes lies not with the players but elsewhere.

Pretty much that same group of players went within one controversial ref call of being premiers. I highly doubt they are soft or lack resilience. I suspect the cause of the club's woes lies not with the players but elsewhere.
I see it this way feathered friend

The Pinnacle of Resilience is Perseverance

I see it this way feathered friend

The Pinnacle of Resilience is Perseverance
They have the cattle but don't seem like a happy camp.
The mental aspect of the game is so crucial, how often we see a noticeable lift in intensity from a struggling team after they jag a try. A small boost helps their enthusiasm and confidence.
Keeping a playing group together, focussed, and persevering can be a tall order after a string of losses. Maybe Sticky can turn it around, we'll soon find out.

It seems things have been slowly deteriorating at Canberra since news of John Bateman wanting out surfaced.

It's gradually picked up speed since they started losing games this season & appears to be reaching crisis point now.

I wonder how long before they release Hodgson?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8