Raiders : Josh Hodgson / George Williams circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I

think the twat is sticky and his mouthpieces

Yep, Williams mental health was such a concern for him he couldn't train or play ... but was happy to stick around suffering in hell for another 6 months .. rather than going home and getting well immediately .... Bullshiite, bulldust and sticky on the twat's boot !

I wanna go home
I wanna go home

Okay, go home ..

What, your'e not going to pay me anymore !!!!! Bah Bah Bah

Sounds like just another self entitled Milly-ennial twat ...
Yep Canberra and Sticky should be commended not ostracised for letting the young bloke go early.
They must have felt after he skipped training that it was worse than they thought, so streamlined the release !!

Yep Canberra and Sticky should be commended not ostracised for letting the young bloke go early.
They must have felt after he skipped training that it was worse than they thought, so streamlined the release !!

Agree ... sounds to me like the kid got all surprised and upset when they simply said OKay ... got his ego punctured and now throwing his toys out the cot ...

Agree ... sounds to me like the kid got all surprised and upset when they simply said OKay ... got his ego punctured and now throwing his toys out the cot ...

Did you guys even read the article at all? Pretty clear the big issue was the prospect of leaving his partner and newborn baby in the UK for 8+ months - in the middle of a pandemic - to come back and play out the last year of his contract. The club stuffing him around on the question of an end of season release obviously exacerbated the issues that was causing him (and possibly conflict with his pregnant partner over getting it sorted out).

It’s not the dark ages anymore - a lot of men are (shock, horror, I know!) being raised to want to be involved in their kids’ births, lives etc. The days of going to the pub while the missus pushes out the kid, then working the longest hours you possibly can to avoid any contact with it, are in the past. Good on Williams for thinking about stuff like this before his child is born, and for wanting to put his young family’s welfare first.

Did you guys even read the article at all? Pretty clear the big issue was the prospect of leaving his partner and newborn baby in the UK for 8+ months - in the middle of a pandemic - to come back and play out the last year of his contract. The club stuffing him around on the question of an end of season release obviously exacerbated the issues that was causing him (and possibly conflict with his pregnant partner over getting it sorted out).

It’s not the dark ages anymore - a lot of men are (shock, horror, I know!) being raised to want to be involved in their kids’ births, lives etc. The days of going to the pub while the missus pushes out the kid, then working the longest hours you possibly can to avoid any contact with it, are in the past. Good on Williams for thinking about stuff like this before his child is born, and for wanting to put his young family’s welfare first.

Yes, I did .. and you mention one of several alternate solutions the club put forward ... and unfortunately none, for various reasons were workable or satisfactory ...

I am not, and have not suggested his problems were not real issues .... but none of what you have said explains why a situation as severe as preventing him from training and playing would be better served by sticking around in the same environment for another 6 months instead of going home and getting relief immediately .... I would have thought he and his wife would have been over joyed and thankful to be released from their contract earlier than expected ..

The only difference appears to be money and a bruised ego from being let go without more tears or a bigger fight ...

Yes, I did .. and you mention one of several alternate solutions the club put forward ... and unfortunately none, for various reasons were workable or satisfactory ...

I am not, and have not suggested his problems were not real issues .... but none of what you have said explains why a situation as severe as preventing him from training and playing would be better served by sticking around in the same environment for another 6 months instead of going home and getting relief immediately .... I would have thought he and his wife would have been over joyed and thankful to be released from their contract earlier than expected ..

The only difference appears to be money and a bruised ego from being let go without more tears or a bigger fight ...

Because the child is not due until the end of the season - clearly the couple’s plan was to return home and for the baby to be born in the UK, where both of their families are. The ‘solution’ offered by the club to bring family members out here for extra support was obviously not workable with the current restrictions; Williams himself said that it’s likely none of this would’ve come to a head if it weren’t for the pandemic (i.e. family members would normally be able to travel freely between here and England to help out, spend time with their grandchild etc).

Needing a day off training didn’t happen until after the club had refused to consider the end-of-season release he’d asked for, basically saying the fact they didn’t have a ready replacement was more important than Williams’ and his young family’s welfare. I can’t fault the guy for disagreeing with the club’s opinion on that.

His timeline of asking for a release at the end of the season makes perfect sense in the context of when the baby is due, and not wanting to leave his partner and newborn for 8+ months soon after the birth. Read the article properly and it’s obvious the issue wasn’t a ‘now’ problem, it was always to do with what was required of Williams AFTER the baby arrives.

Ha. Some posters on here look like they would fit right into the 'Sticky raiders' school of still living in 1970 perfectly.

Probably just age and coming from a diffrent world but young men and women operate rather differently to circa 1980 bogan where the wife should shut up and the bloke should just get on with it....

No one will know for sure but an unhappy wife who's pregnant, alone and homesick could cause a lot of issues behind the scene that only Williams will know about. Just a possibility but very plausible.

Because the child is not due until the end of the season - clearly the couple’s plan was to return home and for the baby to be born in the UK, where both of their families are. The ‘solution’ offered by the club to bring family members out here for extra support was obviously not workable with the current restrictions; Williams himself said that it’s likely none of this would’ve come to a head if it weren’t for the pandemic (i.e. family members would normally be able to travel freely between here and England to help out, spend time with their grandchild etc).

Needing a day off training didn’t happen until after the club had refused to consider the end-of-season release he’d asked for, basically saying the fact they didn’t have a ready replacement was more important than Williams’ and his young family’s welfare. I can’t fault the guy for disagreeing with the club’s opinion on that.

His timeline of asking for a release at the end of the season makes perfect sense in the context of when the baby is due, and not wanting to leave his partner and newborn for 8+ months soon after the birth. Read the article properly and it’s obvious the issue wasn’t a ‘now’ problem, it was always to do with what was required of Williams AFTER the baby arrives.
I'm betting the club was always going to release him for next season but were holding off agreeing while trying to come up with solutions, including bringing his family out here to which they agreed but he didn't think was workable.

When he pulled out of training and then didn't give an answer if he was going to be available to play on the weekend or when he would be at all, followed by rumours he was going to the GC, the club probably felt the disruption wasn't ideal for the team under the circumstances and the situation for his "mental health" was worse then he himself admitted so not only granted the release but did so early so he could get his partner and himself home asap and overcome these mental health issues......

Interesting you assume they wanted to be home in England for the birth, considering the baby is due early September and potential restrictions on some international flights for pregnant women over 32 weeks that in itself could mean he was agitating for some sort of leave before the season was even over.

Moot Point really, they have released him, he was paid for his services and contract to end of this season and he his home with his family about to sign with Warrington.

Ha. Some posters on here look like they would fit right into the 'Sticky raiders' school of still living in 1970 perfectly.

Probably just age and coming from a diffrent world but young men and women operate rather differently to circa 1980 bogan where the wife should shut up and the bloke should just get on with it....

No one will know for sure but an unhappy wife who's pregnant, alone and homesick could cause a lot of issues behind the scene that only Williams will know about. Just a possibility but very plausible.
The 80s and 90s were a boon !!
I certainly don't think woman should shut up and blokes get on with it though I do feel the whole mental health issue like a lot of things "these enlightend days" is abused for all its worth.

Mental health issues are used as an excuse for anything from poor behaviour, illegal activities of many descriptions to murder and yes getting out of contracts.

As a society we have facilitated this because as soon someone calls mental health, out come the kid gloves.
It's a shame because when legitimate issues arise there is scepticism but I am willing to bet this particular issue lies somewhere between the 2 versions and the player isn't as innocent as he portrays and so those questioning Ricky or the clubs morals or what not are just as blind as those asking the same question of the player with no moral high ground, we simply do not know the full truth and likely never will.

Anyway it's for the Vikings to deal with and hope it continues to ruin their season for our benefit bwhaaaa.

Now shut up and get me my dinner...... maneagle.

I'm betting the club was always going to release him for next season but were holding off agreeing while trying to come up with solutions, including bringing his family out here to which they agreed but he didn't think was workable.

When he pulled out of training and then didn't give an answer if he was going to be available to play on the weekend or when he would be at all, followed by rumours he was going to the GC, the club probably felt the disruption wasn't ideal for the team under the circumstances and the situation for his "mental health" was worse then he himself admitted so not only granted the release but did so early so he could get his partner and himself home asap and overcome these mental health issues......

Interesting you assume they wanted to be home in England for the birth, considering the baby is due early September and potential restrictions on some international flights for pregnant women over 32 weeks that in itself could mean he was agitating for some sort of leave before the season was even over.

Moot Point really, they have released him, he was paid for his services and contract to end of this season and he his home with his family about to sign with Warrington.

There are a couple of points where you’ve misread/misinterpreted what was quoted in the article.

He clearly states the idea of a release at the end of the season was discussed, he was led to believe it was a possibility, but when he officially requested it, the club ‘changed its tune’ because ‘they couldn’t find another halfback’.

The Gold Coast thing - I don’t know if that’s your intention, but you make it sound like it was a rumour that he was going to sign with the Titans or something. That’s not it at all - Williams mentioned that as evidence there’s a leak within the club - as he had made travel arrangements for a weekend away when Canberra had the bye, booked it through the club, then cancelled it when everything went to crap. Yet somehow the media were reporting that he and his partner were holidaying on the GC.

As for it being Williams’ ‘belief’ that it wasn’t workable to bring family members over here - I suggest you give it a try and see how you go. People can’t get exemptions to travel for their own weddings or to see an imminently dying family member at the moment. If the club were suggesting they could get around that…well, I’d like to know who knows who in high places, put it that way.

Whether their plans were for the baby to be born here then taken home to the UK, for Mum to travel home early and give birth there, or whatever - is irrelevant. He made it incredibly clear, for anyone with basic comprehension skills, that the issue was that seeing out the contract was going to mean leaving his partner and new baby for 8+ months.

And if my employer hassled the bejesus out of me while I was on a single day of sick leave, good luck getting anything out of me about when I’d be back either. I’d be on the phone to Fair Work Australia right after I hung up on them.

And as others have already pointed out, if Canberra were squeaky clean on this, why the payout to the end of the season?

The 80s and 90s were a boon !!
I certainly don't think woman should shut up and blokes get on with it though I do feel the whole mental health issue like a lot of things "these enlightend days" is abused for all its worth.

Mental health issues are used as an excuse for anything from poor behaviour, illegal activities of many descriptions to murder and yes getting out of contracts.

As a society we have facilitated this because as soon someone calls mental health, out come the kid gloves.
It's a shame because when legitimate issues arise there is scepticism but I am willing to bet this particular issue lies somewhere between the 2 versions and the player isn't as innocent as he portrays and so those questioning Ricky or the clubs morals or what not are just as blind as those asking the same question of the player with no moral high ground, we simply do not know the full truth and likely never will.

Anyway it's for the Vikings to deal with and hope it continues to ruin their season for our benefit bwhaaaa.

Now shut up and get me my dinner...... maneagle.
It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

There are a couple of points where you’ve misread/misinterpreted what was quoted in the article.

He clearly states the idea of a release at the end of the season was discussed, he was led to believe it was a possibility, but when he officially requested it, the club ‘changed its tune’ because ‘they couldn’t find another halfback’.

The Gold Coast thing - I don’t know if that’s your intention, but you make it sound like it was a rumour that he was going to sign with the Titans or something. That’s not it at all - Williams mentioned that as evidence there’s a leak within the club - as he had made travel arrangements for a weekend away when Canberra had the bye, booked it through the club, then cancelled it when everything went to crap. Yet somehow the media were reporting that he and his partner were holidaying on the GC.

As for it being Williams’ ‘belief’ that it wasn’t workable to bring family members over here - I suggest you give it a try and see how you go. People can’t get exemptions to travel for their own weddings or to see an imminently dying family member at the moment. If the club were suggesting they could get around that…well, I’d like to know who knows who in high places, put it that way.

Whether their plans were for the baby to be born here then taken home to the UK, for Mum to travel home early and give birth there, or whatever - is irrelevant. He made it incredibly clear, for anyone with basic comprehension skills, that the issue was that seeing out the contract was going to mean leaving his partner and new baby for 8+ months.

And if my employer hassled the bejesus out of me while I was on a single day of sick leave, good luck getting anything out of me about when I’d be back either. I’d be on the phone to Fair Work Australia right after I hung up on them.

And as others have already pointed out, if Canberra were squeaky clean on this, why the payout to the end of the season?
Thanks for the veiled insults I appreciate it, I think my comprehensions skills are adequate thanks.

No I believe I haven't misread or misinterpreted the article, though I choose not to believe that everything the young fella says in the article is 100% accurate. Your taking the stance that what you read from his perspective is 100% correct, and that is fine that is your perogative, I believe the truth is somewhere in between and he isn't entirely an innocent party in all this.

He may "clearly" state the release details but that is his version, we do not know if the manager was also trying to get some sort of % payment for next year as well, I doubt it is as simple as they could not find another halfback. Again my opinion and could be wrong but I am not totally disregarding the possibility.

I didn't intent to insinuate he was going to sign with the Titans, I meant that rumours are rumours and play into decisions in tense times, and may have impacted Canberra's stance. Again not ruling out the possibility. Here he is saying he couldn't attend training or possibly play the weekend due to mental health, yet at the time still planning a GC holiday the bye weekend, at which point was still going ahead.

The birth of the baby timing and location is releverent, you said, (not me or anyone else), he "clearly" had intentions of going back for the child to be born there, if that's the case they would been required to leave before the season finished so yes it is relevant to his story.

As I said, even as someone who has limited basic comprehension skills, the club may well have thought given the circumstances and disruption of him not coming to training or giving or an indication of when he might be available, that those difficulties he mention in fulfilling his contract after the baby was born were more dire than they realised and was having difficulty fulfilling his contract now, so released him immediately to gain relief rather than potentially have his mental health effected for another 4 or 5 months and destabilising the team as well.

To right your entitled to your sick leave, I just wonder how your boss would react if the day before your sick day you were demanding to leave the place of employment with unknown amount of contract $$ which was refused. Put it in context not as stand alone obviously they thought he was throwing his toys out of the cot as I would too. He is entitled to it, but timing is suspect.

I'm not saying Canberra are clean, nor do I think Williams is either, but again this comprehension thing, maybe it is me, but the reason Canberra paid his contract out for this year was because they released him earlier than his request at the end of the year. But they should not and are not paying out his full contract for next year as that was his decision.

Thanks for the veiled insults I appreciate it, I think my comprehensions skills are adequate thanks.

No I believe I haven't misread or misinterpreted the article, though I choose not to believe that everything the young fella says in the article is 100% accurate. Your taking the stance that what you read from his perspective is 100% correct, and that is fine that is your perogative, I believe the truth is somewhere in between and he isn't entirely an innocent party in all this.

He may "clearly" state the release details but that is his version, we do not know if the manager was also trying to get some sort of % payment for next year as well, I doubt it is as simple as they could not find another halfback. Again my opinion and could be wrong but I am not totally disregarding the possibility.

I didn't intent to insinuate he was going to sign with the Titans, I meant that rumours are rumours and play into decisions in tense times, and may have impacted Canberra's stance. Again not ruling out the possibility. Here he is saying he couldn't attend training or possibly play the weekend due to mental health, yet at the time still planning a GC holiday the bye weekend, at which point was still going ahead.

The birth of the baby timing and location is releverent, you said, (not me or anyone else), he "clearly" had intentions of going back for the child to be born there, if that's the case they would been required to leave before the season finished so yes it is relevant to his story.

As I said, even as someone who has limited basic comprehension skills, the club may well have thought given the circumstances and disruption of him not coming to training or giving or an indication of when he might be available, that those difficulties he mention in fulfilling his contract after the baby was born were more dire than they realised and was having difficulty fulfilling his contract now, so released him immediately to gain relief rather than potentially have his mental health effected for another 4 or 5 months and destabilising the team as well.

To right your entitled to your sick leave, I just wonder how your boss would react if the day before your sick day you were demanding to leave the place of employment with unknown amount of contract $$ which was refused. Put it in context not as stand alone obviously they thought he was throwing his toys out of the cot as I would too. He is entitled to it, but timing is suspect.

I'm not saying Canberra are clean, nor do I think Williams is either, but again this comprehension thing, maybe it is me, but the reason Canberra paid his contract out for this year was because they released him earlier than his request at the end of the year. But they should not and are not paying out his full contract for next year as that was his decisionaid in another interview I saw that there was no money

I'm not saying Canberra are clean, nor do I think Williams is either, but again this comprehension thing, maybe it is me, but the reason Canberra paid his contract out for this year was because they released him earlier than his request at the end of the year. But they should not and are not paying out his full contract for next year as that was his decision.
He said in an interview early on that there was going to be none of next year's money paid and that wasn't an issue.
Think it was on Sunday footy show.

As with most things in life, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle of both sides version of events.

He said in an interview early on that there was going to be none of next year's money paid and that wasn't an issue.
Think it was on Sunday footy show.
Then all good, I have soaked my fingers in bleach, they just felt dirty... and cam leave it at that, it's game day so more important than this
GO MANLYYYYYYYY

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12