Raiders : Josh Hodgson / George Williams circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The RLPA have become involved and will represent Williams as he and the Raiders try to work through a resolution following the club’s decision to release Williams immediately. Williams is adamant he did not want out of the club before the end of this year. As it stands, Williams is yet to sign the paperwork for his release.

It is understood former Manly and Roosters backrower Tom Symonds will be the RLPA’s representative at the meeting.

The RLPA have become involved and will represent Williams as he and the Raiders try to work through a resolution following the club’s decision to release Williams immediately. Williams is adamant he did not want out of the club before the end of this year. As it stands, Williams is yet to sign the paperwork for his release.

It is understood former Manly and Roosters backrower Tom Symonds will be the RLPA’s representative at the meeting.
He wants to be paid until Nov 1 and if he never asked to end his contract early he has every right to be paid until then. The way I understand what went on was that Williams wanted a break for the week to get his head in order and the Faders jumped the gun. They are trying to pull a swifty and get his money off their cap so they can sign someone else now, instead of for next year.
I'm also guessing the player they want to sign is not for a "like for like" position.

Agree definitely hard to know the full story along with Williams true feelings.

Kent and Ricky are good mates, even though Hooper broke the story, I suspect Kent got the mail and passed it onto Hooper.

I was in London a 3 weeks ago, not much has changed since July last year when I was last there, more people on the tube this time though.
But Jimmy "Brings" Hooper - cringe - claimed he had all the facts. He proclaimed it right before he set about attacking all the numpty keyboard warriors.

Why? .. Williams asked for a release ... Canberra have granted it ... seems his mental health issues aren't that pressing if Williams and his wife, rather than get immediate relief, would rather put up with their distress for another 5 months of heartache ..

I assumed that (when did I post that...3 days ago) because the report was that the raiders cut his contract immediately (but that his request was for the end of the year).

that's WHY

D123EF03-9A9E-4EEA-BCC2-16AF88B50F94.gif

This is how the raiders season is headed

Poor Sticky ... must have seemed liked this coaching gig was easy when he won a Grand final in 2002 his first year ... the next 19 years .. not so much ..he does however hold the World record for being sacked by the most clubs and being paid the most money not to turn up in history ... so he does have that.

Poor Sticky ... must have seemed liked this coaching gig was easy when he won a Grand final in 2002 his first year ... the next 19 years .. not so much ..he does however hold the World record for being sacked by the most clubs and being paid the most money not to turn up in history ... so he does have that.
For an encore there was his coaching of the Kangaroos where he confronted the ref the next day in the hotel lobby.

I know the Raiders targeted the English but I've always found it odd. Of all the clubs you'd want to go to to escape the English weather and experience the Australian sun, Canberra would be a distant last.
Funny old world.
I'd take Canberra over the old dart in my experience, of most of the league playing areas at least

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8