Raider (Wighton) in pub fight.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His attack was brutal and calculated. He should not be playing!

He knew he was guilty yet pleaded innocent and the raiders had him able to play... assuming that most clubs would stand him down; if not todd would, so.....

Strip all points so far this year!!!

"Wighton has pleaded guilty to two charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and one charge of public urination at the ACT Magistrates Court."

Was it all the one act?
Impressive stuff if so.

PSS ... actual bodily harm is a fairly serious offence ...with a serious offence it is automatic to plead not guilty ... to plead guilty they must have strong evidence .....

.. report said 7 related charges dropped .... that may explain the deal ... and the plea ...

PSS ... actual bodily harm is a fairly serious offence ...with a serious offence it is automatic to plead not guilty ... to plead guilty they must have strong evidence .....

.. report said 7 related charges dropped .... that may explain the deal ... and the plea ...
Can't wait for the alleged CCTV footage to come out. That will make or break him

Can't wait for the alleged CCTV footage to come out. That will make or break him
The NRL - and the Raiders - don't need any CCTV in order to decide to stand him down. His plea indicates he committed the acts, the acts are clearly described in a document that is on the public record, so I'd certainly expect he will be suspended for some period, pretty much immediately, as a result of bringing the game into disrepute.

Although the club is in the midst of a desperate scrabble for top 8 ...and who knows what self-serving rationale Greenberg will come up with in response to this situation?

This will probably help the Raiders.

The NRL - and the Raiders - don't need any CCTV in order to decide to stand him down. His plea indicates he committed the acts, the acts are clearly described in a document that is on the public record, so I'd certainly expect he will be suspended for some period, pretty much immediately, as a result of bringing the game into disrepute.

Although the club is in the midst of a desperate scrabble for top 8 ...and who knows what self-serving rationale Greenberg will come up with in response to this situation?
And where is this document on public record??? I'd love to have a squiz being a sticky beak !

Gee, these Canberra boys don't mind taking the piss:
Fergurson = on the piss
Carney = drinking the piss
Wighton = dispensing the piss

"Wighton has pleaded guilty to two charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and one charge of public urination at the ACT Magistrates Court."

Was it all the one act?
Impressive stuff if so.

Well the "...one charge of public urination at the ACT Magistrates Court" should be a pretty hefty penalty, fancy doing that whilst you're at Court?

I've heard of contempt of court but that really is taking the piss!

Canberra’s board is set to discuss star fullback Jack Wighton’s immediate playing future after his sentencing on assault charges was postponed until well after the NRL season.

Wighton fronted the ACT Magistrates Court on Friday and was directed to return on November 14 for sentencing.

The Raiders board was to meet later on Friday to discuss the matter, having stood Wighton down from playing last week after he changed his plea to guilty to six charges, including two of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, stemming from a night out in Canberra in February.

Raiders chairman Allan Hawke has already vowed the Raiders will stand by Wighton, who has played at the club since 2012 .

“We don’t condone Jack’s behaviour and he’ll have to face the serious consequences of that,’‘ Hawke told The Daily Telegraph last week. “But we’ve got no intention of tearing up his contract. We want to stand by him.” However it remains to be seen whether the club will seek to play him again this season, a move the NRL would likely oppose.

- Is it usual to take so long to sentence a punchie?

I think this gives Canberra an 'out' for the rest of the season. Because his punishment is not known I'd argue that he should be free to play. Who knows, the punishment could be 100 hours of community work served in the off season with no conviction recorded.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7