Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I want to find employment where I can stuff up week after week and they keep paying me, I'll do untold damage to the company and customers will leave in droves as I constantly make ludicrous decisions that piss them off. My boss will agree with the shareholders that I'm a useless moron but most of the others in my field are too, good staff are hard to find so they're extending my contract. Where can I find this dream job?... as an NRL referee, an equal opportunity for ****ups organisation.

I want to find employment where I can stuff up week after week and they keep paying me, I'll do untold damage to the company and customers will leave in droves as I constantly make ludicrous decisions that piss them off. My boss will agree with the shareholders that I'm a useless moron but most of the others in my field are too, good staff are hard to find so they're extending my contract. Where can I find this dream job?... as an NRL referee, an equal opportunity for ****ups organisation.

Government jobs are always going in a location near you.

BOM - weatherman is for you then as they don't suffer the public attacks that referees do :nerd:

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it but imho .. we are really missing Api ... Manase is good but he can't maintain the intensity required for the main game for the full 80 mins .... Docker Clay could be a good option if we were to lose Api next year as some seem to be predicting.

PM ... SCOMO

Need some more direct running from Marty as well , stop and start and sideways running juts tends to throw the ongoing attacking plays off .. Made things hard for them selves in the i st half [ ref discretion aside ] but then showed some real intent in the 2 nd half to almost jag it . Missed Tom big time but full credit to Ellliot again with his sound effort at the back and agree would be good to get A P I back . At least Manly showed again that can compete when the better controlled play is there , and not out of the question that they may be able to match it with the likes of the Roosters and Storm if they can put two good half "s together .

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it but imho .. we are really missing Api ... Manase is good but he can't maintain the intensity required for the main game for the full 80 mins .... Docker Clay could be a good option if we were to lose Api next year as some seem to be predicting.
Croker came on and showed he can be a great bench dummy half. No need to panic, Croker will get more minutes next week after proving he can at least fill in (and provide another smart halfback mind when he’s on)

Sometimes a Loss can be a good thing
Brings the boys back to reality and reinvigorates the need to be more energetic
I remember back in 2008 being 'invited' by a supplier who had Corporate Box tickets to a regular season Bunnies v Sea Eagles game.
We were second on the ladder, they were close to last from memory, Beaver scored a try after 'heading it', which is not a knock on, and we still lost the game.
We Went on to win the comp 40-nil that year!

Losing when you are second is a lot different to losing when you are fifth with an absolute bunfight right behind you on the ladder. I agree some losses are good to sharpen the focus. Saturday’s wasnt one of these. We needed that win.

One aspect of DCE's game that showed an improvement is that pass to Siro running the short side, too often DCE would run that sharp short side run and have the premeditated high risk hard face ball to the winger as his go to play, not reacting to the defence----this pass showed more composure.

Not to say the face ball option is never on but mix it up a little---playing to Siro now and more often will open up the face ball to the winger as a more high percentage play in the future compared to the predictable high risk in the past.

I say this is about self preservation somewhat. Cherry rarely takes the ball to the line. Probably only on a retreating blindside. This slide accross to catch sirro still gives him the option to unload before the defence gets to him. When the D gets to him he often throws the random bullet to ? , when they dont he throws a nice ball but if they catch him here it comes ready or not.

Can me put the short grubber away. Unless he is purposely hoping to get a rebound this is such a low percentage play for us due to his inability to find space

There is no question the refereeing was incredibly poor but... we cane out in the first half and put in a shocker. We opportunities to score more points in the first half but were not clinical enough and overplayed our hand. Direct running and hitting home per Sirro rather than this Cross field one way and then back again. A loss to the Eels and we are in trouble.

There is no question the refereeing was incredibly poor but... we cane out in the first half and put in a shocker. We opportunities to score more points in the first half but were not clinical enough and overplayed our hand. Direct running and hitting home per Sirro rather than this Cross field one way and then back again. A loss to the Eels and we are in trouble.
The slime are nothing away from Wankfest stadium. A repeat of rd 3 last year will do nicely.

The thing about Manly's game is that they did make mistakes including the critical dropped ball from Marty. But the penalty for souths to take the score to 20 was rubbish as were many others. I honestly believe with fair refereeing Manly would have 4-6 more points on the ladder.
It's so disheartening to see the team constantly hammered by refs.
What is inspiring is that we're not watching a bunch of lethargic players like last year. This Manly team doesn't give up.
Hope we smash the eels. Ferguson needs to be contained and Gutho reminded that he is not a king.

The thing about Manly's game is that they did make mistakes including the critical dropped ball from Marty. But the penalty for souths to take the score to 20 was rubbish as were many others. I honestly believe with fair refereeing Manly would have 4-6 more points on the ladder.
It's so disheartening to see the team constantly hammered by refs.
What is inspiring is that we're not watching a bunch of lethargic players like last year. This Manly team doesn't give up.
Hope we smash the eels. Ferguson needs to be contained and Gutho reminded that he is not a king.

We are having a good year, we have won the count 6 times

We are having a good year, we have won the count 6 times

Don't mind losing the penalty count. What annoys is when a team loses it by a huge margin. That usually means the ref is only looking at one side. Players usually offend at a comparable rate per team (a large number are missed by refs). But to penalise one side excessively and ignore the actions of the other side, is usually bias.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2