Quick question- Hooker in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mahoney played a huge game last night according to the commentators. Not sure what you watched mate ? Him and Verrills are 10X the player of Croker at 9.

Croker while okay, is just okay, and a significant reason we can't beat top 4 (now too 8 teams). 0 X-factor, 0 running, 0 kicking, 0 anything apart from tackles out of 9 in today's game is a recipe for disaster.

Every club who had a weakness at hooker went out and sourced a new one (parra, tigers, Chooks, Titans, Dogs etc). Everyone but our dead**** recruitment team.

There is a reason why players are on high demand and command the bigger dollars

The very sought out Mahoney was chased by a lot of clubs and he signed a Million dollar Deal with the Dogs

and Croker is on a minimum contract with the Eagles

There is a reason why players are on high demand and command the bigger dollars

The very sought out Mahoney was chased by a lot of clubs and he signed a Million dollar Deal with the Dogs

and Croker is on a minimum contract with the Eagles

He wouldn't be on a league minimum contract mate, simple as that. But it would be a moderate contract.

Our spine:.

01. Tom - never plays
06. Foran - has left
07. DCE - mainly rocks, some diamonds
09. Croker - wouldn't start at any other club - ANY

Recipe for absolute mediocrity. What a basket case

He wouldn't be on a league minimum contract mate, simple as that. But it would be a moderate contract.

Our spine:.

01. Tom - never plays
06. Foran - has left
07. DCE - mainly rocks, some diamonds
09. Croker - wouldn't start at any other club - ANY

Recipe for absolute mediocrity. What a basket case
Minimum and moderate are similar
Moderate meaning average and modest

Our Spine In Tom, Schuster and DCE is not mediocre as it is a mixture of class and experience

There is a Kamikaze hooker coming up the Grades and he could be a Knock out for us

Try and look for positives and your doom and gloom will bloom feathered friend Ryan

Minimum and moderate are similar
Moderate meaning average and modest

Our Spine In Tom, Schuster and DCE is not mediocre as it is a mixture of class and experience

There is a Kamikaze hooker coming up the Grades and he could be a Knock out for us

Try and look for positives and your doom and gloom will bloom feathered friend Ryan

If there are positives, I'll grip onto them mate. The latest signings by the club are Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi and Bullemor. On a roster that already appeared 100% dormant and plodding.

We've regressed (if that's believable) from our team that lost 7 straight to finish the season.

Mate, DCE sucks. His form to finish the year bordered unprofessional. Maybe he should have focused on his crap form instead of considering quitting like he said he did. Shows his quitter mindset - truly weak.

Tom never plays. We don't get value for money. I'd rather a lesser player who plays all the time. He sticks his beak into the politics of the club , when he should be focused on nothing but returning. His b.s. at the Corso again shows his maturity as the marquee player of a club.

Schuster I have massive hopes for. And I'll give him that, because we need to give him a chance. Let's just see. Let's hope he can carry DCE.

Croker. Don't get me wrong. I love his character. I love his attitude. I love the way he is in the media. He's JUST NOT A ****ING HOOKER. Our recruitment team have completely ****ed up here. If we want to beat decent teams , we need an upgrade at 9. If you're talking about Gordon as being the answer, that's a huge stretch. There were MANY options available in the market as seen with all the Hooker changes at many clubs. Our recruitment have laid a duck egg now for three seasons.

Seriously, Brad Parker, Morgan Harper, Christian Tuipulotu are still getting first grade time !!

If there are positives, I'll grip onto them mate. The latest signings by the club are Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi and Bullemor. On a roster that already appeared 100% dormant and plodding.

We've regressed (if that's believable) from our team that lost 7 straight to finish the season.

Mate, DCE sucks. His form to finish the year bordered unprofessional. Maybe he should have focused on his crap form instead of considering quitting like he said he did. Shows his quitter mindset - truly weak.

Tom never plays. We don't get value for money. I'd rather a lesser player who plays all the time. He sticks his beak into the politics of the club , when he should be focused on nothing but returning. His b.s. at the Corso again shows his maturity as the marquee player of a club.

Schuster I have massive hopes for. And I'll give him that, because we need to give him a chance. Let's just see. Let's hope he can carry DCE.

Croker. Don't get me wrong. I love his character. I love his attitude. I love the way he is in the media. He's JUST NOT A ****ING HOOKER. Our recruitment team have completely ****ed up here. If we want to beat decent teams , we need an upgrade at 9. If you're talking about Gordon as being the answer, that's a huge stretch. There were MANY options available in the market as seen with all the Hooker changes at many clubs. Our recruitment have laid a duck egg now for three seasons.

Seriously, Brad Parker, Morgan Harper, Christian Tuipulotu are still getting first grade time !!
I understand to what you are saying and the frustration when finals time comes and Manly is not playing

Croker, Lawton, Segyaro, Gordon CKT, Nathaniel Roache ?, .... or is it DCE to hooker and Weekes to 1/2

The reason we are not playing finals is that we can not match the class of the better teams

In order to play finals we need to improve areas in our roster and the critical spine hooker position is one of them

PLayers like croker are admired for thier courage but offer no intimidation and threat to the opposition .

Players like Mahoney
GRant and Varrillis are all finals team players
Sort of chicken or the egg?
Are they great players who get their team to a final or just average players who have been in a side that made a final?
Just opinions.

Mahoney played a huge game last night according to the commentators. Not sure what you watched mate ? Him and Verrills are 10X the player of Croker at 9.

Croker while okay, is just okay, and a significant reason we can't beat top 4 (now too 8 teams). 0 X-factor, 0 running, 0 kicking, 0 anything apart from tackles out of 9 in today's game is a recipe for disaster.

Every club who had a weakness at hooker went out and sourced a new one (parra, tigers, Chooks, Titans, Dogs etc). Everyone but our dead**** recruitment team.
Not interested in what commentators say,I saw a guy who had a good pass from dummy half and tackled well which is what Croker does.
There was no engaging markers or any good momentum darts or kicking game,just a guy playing a role in a side.
Not a difference maker,not sure what the Dogs paying him big money has to do with it,supposedly we are paying silly amounts to some of our own.

Not interested in what commentators say,I saw a guy who had a good pass from dummy half and tackled well which is what Croker does.
There was no engaging markers or any good momentum darts or kicking game,just a guy playing a role in a side.
Not a difference maker,not sure what the Dogs paying him big money has to do with it,supposedly we are paying silly amounts to some of our own.

We'll never win a thing with Croker at Hooker mate. Simple as that. In fact, we'll start to struggle beating half decent teams.

You need spark, influence, creativity, diversity. That doesn't detract from the fact Croker has heart, tries his hardest and has character in abundance.

Know what? At this point I'd swap Turbo for Dylan Edwards.

We'll never win a thing with Croker at Hooker mate. Simple as that. In fact, we'll start to struggle beating half decent teams.

You need spark, influence, creativity, diversity. That doesn't detract from the fact Croker has heart, tries his hardest and has character in abundance.

Know what? At this point I'd swap Turbo for Dylan Edwards.
It depends where you invest the money,we have spent it on Tom,DCE and are investing in Schuster,if our forwards make yards then Croker is fine.
If Tom is out,which he is often and we have no Schuster providing some creativity then Croker gets more attention from fans,particularly if our forwards are not laying a platform.
I am an optimist,I truly think our forwards will be better and with DCE,Schuster and Tom we have the skill,as long as Des plays Weekes if Tom is out.

Sort of chicken or the egg?
Are they great players who get their team to a final or just average players who have been in a side that made a final?
Just opinions.
They are more dominant nines than our makeshift one we have and the open market values that

I am an optimist,I truly think our forwards will be better and with DCE,Schuster and Tom we have the skill,as long as Des plays Weekes if Tom is out.

I am an optimist as well but backs do not lay the platform for wins forwards do
And Unless we have aggressive forwards making metres and a running creative intimidating hooker our backs wont have the room to do their magic

The 9 position is key for us to compete against the good teams. If this isn't fixed for next season and continue with our current sloth hooker more of the same again next season.

The 9 position is key for us to compete against the good teams.
NRL 2022: Hooker power rankings by Sporting News

1. Harry Grant​

2. Api Koroisau​

3. Damien Cook​

4. Reece Robson​

5. Reed Mahoney​

6. Blayke Braile​

7. Jeremy Marshall-King​

8. Sam Verrills​

9. Lachan Croker​

Attachments

• 1664027694278.png