Quick question- Hooker in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I honestly think he will ask for a release along with Aloiai. Just my hunch. Plus Schuster to me is not a shu in or shoe in (forgive the pun) as a number 6 next year. A Schuster/DCE halves pairing would be a complete disaster unless we turn over the forward roster and win the forward battle each week. Which one of those are going to game manage and lead us around the park? Certainly wont be Schuster and hasn't been DCE for a number of years. Both players play their best footy off the cuff so putting the two together will be a shambles. But yes I can see him moving on before 2023. In any case - I think Weekes will prove to be a high quality 6 and all being equal will beat him for the job. Schuster is living on ego and living on his past deeds. He was great last year but his unprofessionalism this year really was eye opening. The great Ian Martin would be horrified thinking a player that talented refuses to dig in and get fit and put in week in week out. Ian Martin would have had a tenth of Shusters ability but is 10 times the player and club man Schuster will be.
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I do agree that the combo between him and DCE could be problematic but I DO think we'll see how it works. I just don't think he'll leave (in 23 anyway). And I'm sure there'll be plenty putting the boot into the shu before now and then. And Ian Martin - what a legend (for me anyway).

I honestly think he will ask for a release along with Aloiai. Just my hunch. Plus Schuster to me is not a shu in or shoe in (forgive the pun) as a number 6 next year. A Schuster/DCE halves pairing would be a complete disaster unless we turn over the forward roster and win the forward battle each week. Which one of those are going to game manage and lead us around the park? Certainly wont be Schuster and hasn't been DCE for a number of years. Both players play their best footy off the cuff so putting the two together will be a shambles. But yes I can see him moving on before 2023. In any case - I think Weekes will prove to be a high quality 6 and all being equal will beat him for the job. Schuster is living on ego and living on his past deeds. He was great last year but his unprofessionalism this year really was eye opening. The great Ian Martin would be horrified thinking a player that talented refuses to dig in and get fit and put in week in week out. Ian Martin would have had a tenth of Shusters ability but is 10 times the player and club man Schuster will be.
Ian Martin what an effing legend 👏

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I do agree that the combo between him and DCE could be problematic but I DO think we'll see how it works. I just don't think he'll leave (in 23 anyway). And I'm sure there'll be plenty putting the boot into the shu before now and then. And Ian Martin - what a legend (for me anyway).
Yes Ian Martin was the epitome of someone not greatly talented but played with heart and desire every week - no ego - he just didn't care what position he played. He gave his all every week and was fit as. Gee we could do with some of his passion and desire in this mob of frauds.

Club needs a running hooker and until that's found more mediocrity results against the top sides.
You make sense there feathered friend that Some players can only take you so far

The fact is the new game is a more of a running game and a more dynamic game

The fact is that a dominant number nine is not just a one dimensional tackling machine

The Fact is a dominant number nine is the spark that lights up the play , is the creator of opportunities and is capable of steering their team to victory

The fact is the only way up is with an upgrade and the only way up is from a frog to a piranha

See the source image

Last edited:
Croker will be our nine for 2023. He just took out our Best and Fairest from nine this season. I would alternate him with Lawton, whose best position next season could be as our starting lock. Both Croker and Lawton should play eighty minutes, rotating through hooker and lock, with Jake becoming a permanent part of the prop rotation. I would love to see Weekes given a shot at centre, though this is extremely unlikely to happen. Suppose Weekes doesn't get a start in the backline. In that case, he should be our utility player off the bench, covering halves, fullback, and potentially even hooker if either Croker or Lawton are injured.

Jake
Croker
Aloiai
Tuilagi
Olakatua
Lawton
DCE
Schuster
Garrick
Weekes
Koula
Saab
Turbo

Humphries/Harper/Tuipoluto
Bullemore/Burbo
Paseka/Sipley
Keppie/Tuitavake

Croker will be our nine for 2023. He just took out our Best and Fairest from nine this season. I would alternate him with Lawton, whose best position next season could be as our starting lock. Both Croker and Lawton should play eighty minutes, rotating through hooker and lock, with Jake becoming a permanent part of the prop rotation. I would love to see Weekes given a shot at centre, though this is extremely unlikely to happen. Suppose Weekes doesn't get a start in the backline. In that case, he should be our utility player off the bench, covering halves, fullback, and potentially even hooker if either Croker or Lawton are injured.

Jake
Croker
Aloiai
Tuilagi
Olakatua
Lawton
DCE
Schuster
Garrick
Weekes
Koula
Saab
Turbo

Humphries/Harper/Tuipoluto
Bullemore/Burbo
Paseka/Sipley
Keppie/Tuitavake
Unfortunately Croker won't get this team moving any further and if he is indeed our 1st choice hooker again next season we will be in for more of the same especially against those top teams.

Unfortunately Croker won't get this team moving any further and if he is indeed our 1st choice hooker again next season we will be in for more of the same especially against those top teams.
I agree with you, @Damien2812 however, looking at team composition for 2023 and assuming that Hasler coaches us next season, Croker's role as nine will not come into serious question. We don't have any other viable alternatives at this stage, and it's doubtful we have the capacity to get another top-line nine from outside the club. Due to our current status as a complete basket case, I don't think we will attract any players in any position, including nine, that will make a difference for us in 2023.

Agree

Unfortunately Croker is exactly the type of hooker Des luvs, so unless Lawton or Cum Tong show something special in the off season, he will be our hooker.

I reckon Mary from the place next door to the Brookie Hotel? I'm told she is brilliant in the play the ball area, gives quick service to the outside backs

I reckon Mary from the place next door to the Brookie Hotel? I'm told she is brilliant in the play the ball area, gives quick service to the outside backs
Have to adopt an upright defence if Mary is there, also have to be careful though that no one shoots out of the line early

I've heard she goes down very easily but the positives are she has quick hands and doesn't mind getting stuck in among the big fellas

If Croker is our 9 next season (remember DCE is our 7), Schuster is just learning at 6, apart from Tom, that's a very poor spine (in comparison to the decent teams in the comp). I couldn't see us beating any of the current top 7 next season (let alone the continued failures against the top 4) for the past 3 years.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4