QLD Cup Grand Final: Northern Pride Vs Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=181636.msg241282#msg241282 date=1252735410]

Tony Williams has received the Duncan Hall Medal for Man Of The Match.

Congratulations Eeyore.

The world's biggest 5/8th.
[/quote]

As I said earlier, he is a lot better when he is closer to the action.

Final Score:

Northern Pride 18

Tries:

Rod JENSEN, Tom HUMBLE, Jamie FRIZZO

Goals:

Tom HUMBLE 3

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles 32

Tries:

Shane NEUMANN 3, Trent HODKINSON, Tony WILLIAMS, Michael CHAPMAN, Ryan WALKER

Goals:

Trent HODKINSON 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles are the 2009 QLD Cup Premiers & Tony Williams the Duncan Hall Medal Winner for Man Of The Match.  Congratulations to all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jethro link said:
Neumann in for his 2nd

Better make that his 3rd.  I missed who scored one of the tries as I was on the phone at the time.

Hodgkinson with 2 goals from 7 (maybe more) attempts? Must have been down at Brookie this week getting goal kicking tips from Oxy. Hehehehe - Jokes guys.

Ryan link said:
Hodgkinson with 2 goals from 7 (maybe more) attempts? Must have been down at Brookie this week getting goal kicking tips from Oxy. Hehehehe - Jokes guys.

No, Eeyore 0/4 & Hodkinson 2/3.

Congrats to the Coast Sea Eagles. Manly were supposed to win for me last night on my birthday. It was a good thing I was a little tipsy so the loss was easier to take when softened by wine.
The win by the Sunshine Coast gave my family something to smile about - we get to claim that the Sea Eagles won the Grandfinal.
Onya T.Rex.

Is the Rod Jensen that scored for the Pride the bloke who was going to be our next Nik Kosef earlier this century?

Got the video and converted it to flash video. Will upload tomorrow as its a 5 hour 1gb job :(

Matabele link said:
Is the Rod Jensen that scored for the Pride the bloke who was going to be our next Nik Kosef earlier this century?

I'm guessing he's the bloke that used to play for the Cowboys. Are you thinking of Greg Ebrill?

Matabele link said:
No we had a Rod Jensen round the transitions from the Northern Eagles.  Kept doing his knee.

I believe that may have been Tony Jensen that you are thinking of Mata.  He played for the Northern Eagles in 2001 according to:

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/northern_eagles/northern_eagles2001_sc.html

Jethro link said:
I believe that may have been Tony Jensen that you are thinking of Mata.  He played for the Northern Eagles in 2001 according to:

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/northern_eagles/northern_eagles2001_sc.html

Ah, that Jensen. Ended up at the Dragons, I think. Not sure where he went from there.

It certainly was rocket up here. He was into the touchy the whole fame sir this sir that. It showed he had nrl experience.

Lestrange for mine was the best on the field, at least it looked like it being there.

At the ground williams slacked off a lot in back play. But otherwise looked better forbeing involved and I hate to say it but he looked like he was at home and playing the right level if footy. He is well off nrl standard.

Number 14 and number 16 were awesome off the bench and kept us going forward and made a lot of metres up the middle of the ruck.

Hodkinson isn't flashy but he is a smart footballer and steers tge team around. If he stRts to back himself more he may just make the fold.
Early on I pointed out to my matethT the prides 4 and 6 were weak in defense more because they had terrible timing. They just weren't up with tge rest of tge line. Either to early or to late. 2 tackles before our first try hodkinson saw it and pointed straight to them. We went one more toward the middle and switched play toward them and went over for the try. He certainly has vision.

The on line defense of the eagles was incredible and the end score line flattered the pride. Interestingly we missed 5 shots at goal and that could have cost us. Overall it was an impressive win and there seemed to be a good feeling around the players after the match.

They have all onvioudly had some media training too, they spoke well and were engaging. Junior paulo is clearly the character of the team and he didn't stop smiling all day.

Just before the team were interviewed by barefoot rugby league boys Joyce got them all together and said "be humble boys. Be humble" which I thought was both interesting and good.

The funny thing is none of them know tge team song and someone had to lead them when on stage, which suggests costin has their heads on the footy instead

when they were lined up for nitv paulo goes "guys I know tge song I know the song"  and tried to leas them in the song. We got the impression he was making it up as he went along it had the people waiting around in stitches.

All in all a great game and win I can tell you that our boys hit bloody hard as well and there isn't a lot of crap in their game just clean hard hitting footy. My feeling is we have some quality personell but we also have the makings of a very good and smart coach in costin

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7