QLD Cup Grand Final: Northern Pride Vs Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Northern Pride Vs Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

Venue: Stockland Park, Kawana    Date: Sat 12 Sep 2009    Game Time: 2:00pm

Referee: Clayton SHARPE    Touch Judges: David SHAW and Steve KANOWSKI

Interchange Official: Jason KING and Tony GRAHAM    Video Referee: Tony MAKSOUD

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

Players:

1.  Dennis SANDOW
2.  Michael CHAPMAN
3.  Shane NEUMANN
4.  Andrew SUNIULA
5.  Ryan WALKER
6.  Tony WILLIAMS
7.  Trent HODKINSON
13. Jon MUIR
12. Jon GRIEVE
11. Vic MAURO
10. Junior PALAU
9.  Cameron JOYCE c
8.  Phil MORWOOD

Interchange:

14. Tim BROWNE
15. Adam CUTHBERTSON
16. Rob GODFREY
17. Simon ALLEN

Coach: Brandon COSTIN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game is also televised live on ABC1 in QLD on Saturday.  Good luck guys.

Interesting to note that they have Eeyore slotted in at 5/8th  ::)

Interesting to note that 'our' Jason King is working as an interchange official for this game as well. You just can't keep a good man down.

We got the better of the Northern Pride on both occasions this year if my memory serves me correctly. Let's hope the boys can make it three from three.

different Jason King, he has been a regular official up here

Just think if the boys get up they might let Cuthbo take the trophy along to a Cronulla pre season training run to show them what the premiers get at the end of the year.

lol @ Cuthbo - Now I think Junior PALAU has potential so I'm not bagging him but when Phil MORWOOD and JP are keeping you on the bench of a reserve grade side you have massive problems in your game and it's probably time to look @ Japanese rugby or ESL

missing_something link said:
lol @ Cuthbo - Now I think Junior PALAU has potential so I'm not bagging him but when Phil MORWOOD and JP are keeping you on the bench of a reserve grade side you have massive problems in your game and it's probably time to look @ Japanese rugby or ESL

What about it? Cuthbo is better off the bench, FG or reggies. He's just that type of player.

Gorgeous George is playing off the bench & he has been head & shoulders above Kite & Perry this year - some players are just better off the bench.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181636.msg240502#msg240502 date=1252476296]

What about it? Cuthbo is better off the bench, FG or reggies. He's just that type of player.

Gorgeous George is playing off the bench & he has been head & shoulders above Kite & Perry this year - some players are just better off the bench.
[/quote]

Mate it has more to do with the fact he puts in for about 5min a game and throws 100's of stupid passes a year - sure he has an impact when he come on later in the game but it's still negative.

Downie link said:
Cuthbo won them the game in the semi I believe, he's been going pretty well for them.

The fact he can't force his way back into the team are a true reflection on his current form because JWH is not setting the world on fire in the NRL.

Below is a copy of an e-mail that I received today from the SCSE CEO, Justin Veivers

Sea Eagles fans here’s some interesting reading ahead of the Grand Final….

NORTHERN PRIDE v SUNSHINE COAST

(Saturday, September 12 – Stockland Park, Kawana 2pm)

REFEREE: Clayton Sharpe (92nd Qld Cup game; 1st Grand Final)

HEAD TO HEAD QLD CUP: Sunshine Coast 2 Northern Pride 0

HEAD TO HEAD QLD CUP FINALS: First meeting

QLD CUP FINALS EXPERIENCE: Northern Pride: Played 5 Won 3 Lost 2; Sunshine Coast: Played 2 Won 1 Lost 1

QLD CUP GRAND FINALS EXPERIENCE: Both in first Grand Final

HEAD-TO-HEAD 2009: Rd 15, Jun 27, Sun.Cst 30 def Northern 18 (Stockland-TV)
Rd 4, Apr 4, Sun.Cst 16 def Northern 14 (Barlow Park)

LAST GAME: Northern Pride 22 def Central 10 (Kougari-TV)
Sunshine Coast 30 def Souths Logan 26 (Meakin)

FORM 2009:
Northern Pride: L W W L L W W W W L W W W L L L W W W L W W W W
Sunshine Coast: W L L W L L L W L L W W W W W L W D W W L W L W

PLAYERS USED 2009: (not including today): Pride 36, Sunshine Coast 35

PLAYED ALL GAMES: (not including today): Pride 0, Sunshine Coast 1

NRL EXPERIENCE (players in today's team): Pride 6, Sunshine Coast 6

NRL EXPERIENCE (total games played today's team): Pride 191, Sunshine Coast 94

QLD CUP EXPERIENCE (total games played today's team): Pride 867, Sunshine Coast 429

QLD CUP GF EXPERIENCE (total games played today's team): Pride 1, Sunshine Coast 0

COACH STATS (G/W/D/L)
Pride: Andrew Dunemann 47/30/0/17 (63.8%)
Sunshine Coast: Brandon Costin: 24/13/1/10 (56.3%)
Head to Head: Costin 2 Dunemann 0

REGULAR SEASON RECORD
(For/Agst/F-A)
Pride 564/445/+119 (2nd)
Sunshine Coast 562/508/+54 (3rd)

PRIDE FACT BOX
Grand Finalists: 1 (2009)
Finalists: 2 (2008, 2009)
Worst Finish: 3rd of 11 (2008)
Biggest Win: 34 (46-12) v Nor 2008, R3
Biggest Loss: 30 (34-4) v TH 2008, R8
Most Points For: 54 (54-24) v Red 2009, R18
Most Points Against: 36 (36-16) v WM 2008, R21
Biggest Win v Today's Opp: n/a
Most For v Today's Opp:18 (18-30), 2009 Round 15
Most Wins in Succession: 7 (2008)
Most Losses in Succession: 4 (2008)
Current Run: Won 4
Most Points Single Game: 34 - T. Humble v Red 2009 R18

SEA EAGLES FACT BOX
Grand Finalists: 1 (2009)
Finalists: 1 (2009)
Worst Finish: n/a
Biggest Win: 46 (46-0) v Cen 2009, Rd 20
Biggest Loss: 24 (36-12) v SL & (46-22) v SL
Most Points For: 54 (54-10) v Eas 2009, Rd 19
Most Points Against: 46 (46-26) v Nor & (46-22) v SL
Biggest Win v Today's Opp: 12 (30-18), 2009 Round 15
Most For v Today's Opp: 30 (30-18), 2009 Round 15
Most Wins in Succession: 5 (2009)
Most Losses in Succession: 3 (2009)
Current Run: Won 1
Most Points Single Game: 18 - H. Matthews v Nor '09 R2
Most tries Single Game: 3 - H. Matthews v Nor '09 R2

POINTS OF INTEREST:

NORTHERN PRIDE:

* Northern Pride were third at the halfway point of the competition but eventually finished second, having won seven and lost four games in both halves of the competition

* Northern Pride was second in attack, second in defence and second for-and-against overall - Souths-Logan won all categories.

* Five of the Pride’s 24 games have been decided by six points or less, the third least in the competition - they won two and lost three of them.

* Pride have won six and lost six away from home this year.

* Josh Vaughan is the only player on the field to have Qld Cup Grand Final experience, having played for Tweed Heads in their 2007 win over Redcliffe.

* Rod Jensen and Chris Sheppard played for the NQ Young Guns during 2005, but were not in their Grand Final winning team. Jensen played for the Cowboys in their NRL Grand Final loss to the Wests Tigers that year. Clint Amos was in the Young Guns side, but has played only one game for the Pride this year.

* The Cowboys dropping out of the premiership race has not impacted on the Pride team - all their players from the last two weeks are qualified to play, and James Tamou was the closest to being able to come back but had only played 8 Qld Cup games compared with 12 in the NRL.

* The Pride has used 36 players this year, although none have played all 24 games. Rod Jensen, Joel Riethmuller and Ben Laity have played 23. Jensen's only miss was when he was in camp for the Qld Residents side.

* Tom Humble was the Pride's best in the CM Best and Fairest award with 21. Humble also represented Qld Residents (with Rod Jensen) and Country (with Jensen, Mark Cantoni and Joel Riethmuller). Humble was also the competition’s leading try-scorer and third in total points (including 34 points against Redcliffe, the fourth highest individual total in Qld Cup history).

SUNSHINE COAST

* Sunshine Coast are the first team in Qld Cup history to make the Grand Final after finishing lower than third after the regular season.

* Despite finishing fourth, Sunshine Coast was third in attack, third in defence and third in for-and-against overall.

* Sunshine Coast was running 10th at the halfway point in the regular season having only won four of their first 11games.

* Sunshine Coast has won six, lost five at home this year - they have won their last five at home however.

* Apart from the inaugural teams, Sunshine Coast are the first team to make the Grand Final in their first year in the competition. Pride has done it in their second year and the Burleigh Bears in their third (1999 - which they won).

* Eleven of Sunshine Coast's 24 games have been decided by six points or less, the most in the competition - they won six, lost four and drew one of them.

* Sunshine Coast have used 37 players in the top grade this year - only one (Jon Grieve ) has played all 24 games.

* Trent Hodkinson was the Sea Eagles’ best in the CM Best and Fairest award with 21. Hodkinson also represented Qld Residents and Country. Hodkinson was also the fifth highest point scorer in the competition.

Regards,

Justin Veivers

Chief Executive Officer

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

Office: 07 5493 2457
Mobile: 0411 701 199
Fax: 07 5493 8401
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.SunshineSeaEagles.com.au

Jethro you heading down for the game too?

Do I look like friggin SatNav?

Its about 100kms from Brisbane and will take you just over an hour

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
114835551414077647288.000473329fa903f514812

Dan link said:
Do I look like friggin SatNav?

Its about 100kms from Brisbane and will take you just over an hour

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=
114835551414077647288.000473329fa903f514812

Do I look like friggin SatNav? Yes, it's probably the tabbed antenna and red led on the side of your head that make you look that way - and those things (Google maps & Where-isn’t) are really poor @ times - I've been sent on some wild adventures and had some massive differences in travel times compared to what they state (not caused by traffic) so I was just asking for a human type estimate .

Yeah but the sunny coast is pretty damn close to Brisbane. Hell its only about 3.5 - 4 hours from here to the Goldie.

And about 2 hours to Stockland

Assume its halfway and about 1.5 - 2 hours away from vegas

Dan link said:
Jethro you heading down for the game too?

No, sorry but not this time.  Money is a bit scarce at the moment.  I've just had to fork out $500 in airfares & accommodation to go down to Sydney on Tuesday for my father's funeral on Wednesday.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8