Proud Eagle Joel Thompson wants pay cut to remain in Manly nest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thompson would be a fool to head to Newcastle, especially while Brown is there. He has the chance of being in a team could contest the title in the next year or two. Every players dream. In my mind he's a keep.

I am so happy to see Thommo enjoying his footy. When we first signed him, he mentioned he was a Manly fan and had always wanted to play for us. I was guttered to think that his dream would be a wooden spoon under Barrett. Here he is the following on a march to glory with Des! Yes!!!!

This is the second guy in two weeks to say will take unders to stay ,Im tipping Turbo's wont be taking top dollar either.
Get it done Manly ,the sooner the better....
Funny how things turn around, most of the senior players at Manly during Haslers first coaching stint played for unders to win a premiership and keep the team together now the player who benefited most during this period to establish himself for a top end contract is leading a team that needs to do the same thing for prolonged success.

I mentioned this in the game thread ,to no avail.
Did anyone else hear one of the commentators mention Thommo could be off to Knights next year ??
Or am I tripping ?

No you're right, I heard that too but assumed I'd misheard it due to background noise where I was watching it.

Head caller Dan Ginnane ( the ‘G’ is silent) mentioned that. He is tripping. Not you.

Dan Innane also thought Tom took the ball over the sideline when he caught it with his foot out side the line thereby giving us the ball. Gasnier kept cutting innane off thats how bad he is

a great player and exactly the type of role model/mentor the young blokes need .... his value to the club is more than just being a gun on the field.
My mate and me say it all the time.We want players that want to be here and not just for the money, Joel epitomises that. He wants to stay here and will take a pay cut to do so

My take is this .......

If attitude is everything then we should do everything possible to keep Thommo in our colours

mindset-project-06.jpg

To think if Joel didn't come over to Manly, I would have probably never have heard about all the good things he does, and just how well he deals with the media. I'm happy to have learnt a little about what a champ he is on and off the field.

And just to add a standard grumble about the monkey typists, Joel was saying how he wanted to stay, how he doesn't want to leave all the groups he is doing charitable work with, how his family is happy, and that he is willing to sacrifice what he can to stay. He's loving his footy, is feeling great, and is really invested in the work he is doing for others.

And all one monkey typist can ask is "So you'll take less cash then will ya? hyuck, hyuck,hyuck." - which was implied and I feel totally classless to ask.

At least Joel answered "Yes, you'll find out money isn't everything." So he handled that question better than I.

I hope we can keep him. If somehow we're allowed to get third party payments without Toody changing the rules yet again to screw us over; then I hope some companies can stump up some $$$$. Like Woodsie's wealthy benefactors for instance!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8