Pre-Match Manly v Roosters Round 22 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If their fragile, give them a week off, start Parker in their place and bring in another bench option.

Carrying a centre on the bench seems crazy.
It is, although we played our best with only two props on the bench + Brown + Other Back. Maybe it's a masterstroke, we'll see. Im sure baz has his plans, perhaps he can play second-row? Im intrigued a little

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly mate . So we lose by say 20 and we are gone , i don't think so we will still have 4 games to go and anything can happen.
Can't say I understand Parker on the bench. U?

Would prefer a more hardened forward against the big Roosters pack. Tanginoa be given a crack or something.

I understand Parker is keen but he looked a bit like a chook with his head cut off when he played in this role last time. Not convinced he's a good bench option but I'm not a FG coach either.

We picked him again-Lewis Brown. Why?

Exactly mate . So we lose by say 20 and we are gone , i don't think so we will still have 4 games to go and anything can happen.
Can't say I understand Parker on the bench. U?

Would prefer a more hardened forward against the big Roosters pack. Tanginoa be given a crack or something.

I understand Parker is keen but he looked a bit like a chook with his head cut off when he played in this role last time. Not convinced he's a good bench option but I'm not a FG coach either.
Even if we get flogged again, I still don't think its over.

Still 8 points up for grabs after that and all against bottom 8 teams.

I think we'll miss the eight, I am a realist, let's not kid ourselves.

He looked pathetic last week from the stadium. Certainly the weak link, always ends up on his back and never puts anyone on theirs (always loses the tackle), that's especially terrible since he makes countless defensive reading errors and fails to make tackles at all the way he is. So many better options

Break out the voodoo dolls and any other reliable spells.:mm:

Manly might be Cecchined on Hiroshima Day :tmi:

Match Officials
Referees: Matt Cecchin, Grant Atkins;Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Dave Ryan;Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Bryan Norrie;

Cecchin is bad enough. But then we have Grant Atkins, he of the calling Semi to play on then penalising us for tackling him after he played the ball rather than played on....

He looked pathetic last week from the stadium. Certainly the weak link, always ends up on his back and never puts anyone on theirs (always loses the tackle), that's especially terrible since he makes countless defensive reading errors and fails to make tackles at all the way he is. So many better options

Couldn't of said it better myself.

We're struggling to play for 80 mins at the moment so 3 hours is going to kill us!
Silvertails is up for it, hopefully the Players will attempt to keep pace with us :p

giphy.gif

Nothing is ever what it seems with team selections...Barrett has already shown his hand with late changes and positional shifts. Parker might be named on the bench and he may indeed get a run, but don't count out Tanginoa as a late inclusion given AFB is out. Baz sometimes waits until the 11th hour to make a decision

Nothing is ever what it seems with team selections...Barrett has already shown his hand with late changes and positional shifts. Parker might be named on the bench and he may indeed get a run, but don't count out Tanginoa as a late inclusion given AFB is out. Baz sometimes waits until the 11th hour to make a decision
Those changes cant hurt.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/9b87fc2e51997d75bbfb28e669615971

Sea Eagles hold ‘defence summit’ after leaking 92 points in two games
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
August 1, 2017 5:00pm

THE Sea Eagles squad held a top level “defence summit” on Tuesday to address the side’s alarming deterioration in that area of their game.

Manly has now conceded 92 points in their past two losses to St George Illawarra and Melbourne which has seen them slip to seventh spot.

Skipper Daly Cherry-Evans was upfront about the situation prior to heading into team meeting at Narrabeen.

“There is no secret about what we are going to be talking about- we are talking about our defence, we need to fix it,” Cherry-Evans said ahead of Sunday’s crucial game against the Roosters at Lottoland.

“We are not looking to point any fingers at any individuals — this side has never been about pointing fingers, this side has never been about throwing anyone the bus.

“It’s about making sure that you are being the best player you possibly can to make this side better and with that criticism definitely helps.”

Cherry-Evans said that nothing was going to help the side more than a few honest conversations around what needs to be addressed and also training a bit harder this week.

“That is where you get the biggest bit of confidence after a couple of losses,” he said. “From there you set yourself up to go out there and play well.”

Cherry-Evans it makes me extremely uncomfortable to talk about the fact that the Sea Eagles have conceded those 92 points and the team was in a form slump.

“It is not ideal but I do believe it is easily fixed,” he said.

“We are still following the same systems and structures that we had the first 20 rounds.

“We just need to do it better- plain and simple.”

Abysmal defender, one of the worst I've seen by a player in the role of an edge forward. I am struggling to think of a worse starting current backrower in the NRL defence wise, and attack is not much better. He creates gaps out wide when he runs in unnecessarily to join in a tackle. I pray that Trent will use him as a nine for a short spell to give API a rest and as injury cover.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8